Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Maybe we should give McCarron a chance.
(11-25-2015, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't he the one who absolutely blew someone (Roy Williams?) up in the Oklahoma drill on Hard Knocks?

Yep....

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2009/8/13/987976/maurice-purify-absolutely-buries

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't he the one who absolutely blew someone (Roy Williams?) up in the Oklahoma drill on Hard Knocks?

That's his only career highlight. He was Armon Binns before Armon Binns.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:07 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's his only career highlight. He was Armon Binns before Armon Binns.

well he didnt get a chance to do anything else... He got a DUI during training camp and they just cut him. Had hopes he could be that blocking WR like a hines ward type. his stats in the Arena league at least say he probly could have made it on an NFL field.

But not much to do about that now.

Binns earned playing time thru the practice squad. did okay a few games got hurt and poof he was gone
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well he didnt get a chance to do anything else...  He got a DUI during training camp and they just cut him.    Had hopes he could be that blocking WR like a hines ward type.     his stats in the Arena league at least say he probly could have made it on an NFL field.

But not much to do about that now.

Binns earned playing time thru the practice squad. did okay a few games got hurt and poof he was gone

Purify played 5 games in 2009. Guess how many catches he recorded? 0. Did we throw to him? Yes, Carson even forced the ball to him a couple of times.

Sorry Xeno, the guy sucked and was overrated.

As for Binns, the guy was supposed to be some kind of playmaker in 2012, and he made exactly one play. Even though Sanu went on IR, Binns was still waived.

Just more Hobson fluff pieces.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Purify played 5 games in 2009. Guess how many catches he recorded? 0. Did we throw to him? Yes, Carson even forced the ball to him a couple of times.

As for Binns, the guy was supposed to be some kind of playmaker in 2012, and he made exactly one play. Even though Sanu went on IR, Binns was still waived.

i remember him being on offense 1 play.... he mostly was just special teams. you dont get many catches on Special teams... as afar as i know.

maybe he was in more and i was too busy watching L Coles suck it up to notice.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Purify played 5 games in 2009. Guess how many catches he recorded? 0. Did we throw to him? Yes, Carson even forced the ball to him a couple of times.

Yep.  I made up what I call the "Golden Binns Off-season Star Award" because every off-season (starting with Binns, to my memory) we declare some has-been or nobody is going to be not only good enough to make the team, but THE BEST EVERRRRR!!!!  

2012 - Armon Binns because he's totally undfrafted which makes him so mad, it also makes him Victor Cruz, Tony Romo, and Arian Foster.  He pretended to be Larry Fitzgerald, so he can probably just pretend so hard that he WILL BE Larry Fitzgerald

Retroactively for 2011 - Jordan Palmer and/or Dan LeFevrouroux are totally going to step up in Carson's absence and be the REAL LEADER this team needs! What? We drafted Andy Dalton? Man, Andy Dalton is 100000x the leader Palmer is based on the face he made as we drafted him, alone!

I think 2015's Award goes to either the idea that we had to trade Gio or Dalton because Hill was going to be able to get 6 yards per touch and we just need to stop doing anything but giving the ball to Hill OR Denarius Moore, because he's going to take the top right off the defense. I might give this to Hill, not because I think he's done, but because we had people wondering how much better than Corey Dillon he was going to be.

Anyways, Binns and Purify have done zilch in the NFL so energy spent debating what they could have done could be better spend discussing what a chimpanzee could do if he were appointed GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have lost two in a row.  Pittsburgh is 6-4 and only 2 games behind us.  If we don't do something we are going to miss the playoffs.

Is it time to let McCarron play.   He could be great.  We will never know until we give him a chance.  

We know what we have with Dalton, and it doesn't look like he is going to be able to get us over the hump.  He did a lot for this franchise, but we need something more.

Too bad Marvin is like so many other people here and is satisfied with just making the playoffs.  Some of us want more.

This would make sense if we were seeing games like last year where the offense would stink it up, but they've played well this year except for the one game.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:05 PM)Harmening Wrote: Are people really taking this thread seriously?

(11-25-2015, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not many.

C'mon, man, no one would actually take this thread seriously.

(11-25-2015, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We arent the Browns... we are 8-2 you dont pull your QB when your in not just the playoff race but a race for the BYE week.    for a guy with Zero NFL experience.
[Image: Facepalm-Girl.png]
Just having some fun, Xeno LOL 
Seriously, though, come back if we're 8-4 and then this will be a legitimate thread.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 11:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: C'mon, man, no one would actually take this thread seriously.

[Image: Facepalm-Girl.png]
Just having some fun, Xeno LOL 
Seriously, though, come back if we're 8-4 and then this will be a legitimate thread.

How about that kevin guy?  
Geez, loosen up man...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:11 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: The time has come!

[Image: 062500blackburn.jpg]

(11-25-2015, 05:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hit.

(11-25-2015, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just licking a toad.

So...  that's what she calls it?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why not give AJ a chance? 

Much better than peace.  Peace is overrated.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M4ef7acbebdc58f9f379b43f68158a...=344&h=172]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 01:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why not give AJ a chance? 

Much better than peace.  Peace is overrated.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M4ef7acbebdc58f9f379b43f68158a...=344&h=172]

As many times as Peace has failed, we should give AJ at least one shot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Is this thread for real? At this point?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You must remember my guns from my old "wife beater" avatar.

Even has the same "hand-on-chin" contemplative pose.

[Image: HPIM1487_1.jpg]

We probably didn't need to have that picture blown up to full size. It was bad enough as it was.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 04:09 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Is this thread for real? At this point?

Yes, yes it is really, really for real.  People are really advocating replacing Andy with AJ due to a two-game losing skid.  Now we're just waiting for Marvin or Hobspin to make the official announcement. 

[Image: 034zl3.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You must remember my guns from my old "wife beater" avatar.

Even has the same "hand-on-chin" contemplative pose.

[Image: HPIM1487_1.jpg]

Ok.... you are thinking here.
I have to assume you are left-brained, as only the left nip is hard.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 12:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ok.... you are thinking here.
I have to assume you are left-brained, as only the left nip is hard.
Ninja

Would not the right brain control the left nip?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 02:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Would not the right brain control the left nip?

I couldn't remember,  so I rolled the dice. 
I was too lazy to Google.
LOL
Reply/Quote
I thought this was a joke at first.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 05:24 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I thought this was a joke at first.

It is.........mostly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote