Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
(11-02-2017, 01:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Depends on the team (I guess that's any trade). I could see a team like the Jags offering their 1st.

The Browns probably would if Hue stays. Dalton just hit the big 3-0, but don't forget that Palmer was 31 when the Raiders coughed up a 1st and 2nd.

I'm sure some other team would love to have a QB that's 20 games over .500 as starter.

Or a team that's about to lose their QB like Pittsburgh (assuming Ben retires this year). 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His partner Leon Hall had a pick six once. 

The point is that this shouldn't be hard. After 7 playoff games, we should have many memorable performers. We don't.

Marvin Jones vs bolts.

Not many other I can think of that haven't been mentioned. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: The line was still bad, in my opinion by the eye test.  We ran a lot that season, and didn't go down the field as much, if memory serves.  What stands out in my mind was having to use an extra tackle an extraordinary amount of the time.  That's the sign of a weak line.  Gutcheck and Stacy Andrews were on that line.  As noted above, it's a bit easier to scheme around a bad player or two, but not five of them.  In other words, we were able to mask a weak unit......but not a trainwreck of a unit.

Ah,,,,the old eyeball test.

As I asserted, but has been repeatedly challenged. Our QB getting this level of non-protection is new and we don't know how to act. Unfortunately, some have cried wolf about the oline in the past that their crying it now means very little. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:46 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Marvin Jones vs bolts.

Not many other I can think of that haven't been mentioned. 

I think Jermaine Gresham had the best game of any TE that whole post season. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ah,,,,the old eyeball test.

As I asserted, but has been repeatedly challenged. Our QB getting this level of non-protection is new and we don't know how to act. Unfortunately, some have cried wolf about the oline in the past that their crying it now means very little. 

I mean....yeah....when you HAVE TO HAVE SIX LINEMEN INSTEAD OF FIVE to block the same amount of people everyone else in the league needs five against......there's a DAMN GOOD chance they fail the eyeball test. Mellow

I'm sorry.....I was unaware that Gutcheck, Cook, Nasty Nate, Stacy Andrews, and Dennis Roland were on the Canton ballot. But, yes.....they suck more than usual this season, happy?

Your opinion of the matter is no more infallible than mine, lets just leave it at that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, even though Andy completed 64% of his passes and accounted for 80% of the offensive yards, he also turned the ball over 3 times, which certainly hurt the cause.

However, you failed to mention that the defense allowed 8 - count 'em, 8 - drives of 7 minutes or longer...and allowed Arian Foster to look like Gale Sayers.

It's fine to criticize Andy for his failings in that game, and others, but you also have to acknowledge that there were many other problems that led to the end result.

I know one of his INTs was basically a punt, because it was on 4th down. Another INT was Watt being one of the best defensive players of all time. I can't remember what the 3rd one was though.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I know one of his INTs was basically a punt, because it was on 4th down. Another INT was Watt being one of the best defensive players of all time. I can't remember what the 3rd one was though.

well now he throws the ball into the stands on 4th down.  regressing
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 11:38 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Andy is mediocre at best.   he cant hang in the pocket,  he scramble for shit, cant throw on the run, and isnt clutch at all. yes the offensive line is complete garbage but we can definitely upgrade at quarterback. i remember the first playoff game against the Texans AJ Green was wide open for a touchdown with a few seconds left. Andy over threw him and i kinda knew back then that Dalton didnt have "It".

Fair enough. These things could be said of Dalton prior to 2015 when he took a giant step. Some of us saw the potential before that year ("lovers") and some of us didn't. ("haters" ). We are in 2017 now and since the broken thumb ended his MVP caliber season our line has gone to shit. This is where we are now. 

Yes, he may have a case of the yips sometimes but who can blame him? IMO we should be past Dalton and focused on improving the line and getting some new coaches. 

Reply/Quote