Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron, Rex, Ced, etc. all practicing
(08-20-2015, 05:12 PM)McC Wrote: Wasn't Meyers a PBer with the Texans?

Few years ago yes, but he's 33 now. 
Given the increased ZBS we have shown interest in (both play calling and players brought in) Myers would be a superb addition to give us some depth on the IOL especially at center. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:12 PM)McC Wrote: Wasn't Meyers a PBer with the Texans?

Yes. I think he made the PB twice with them. He's getting a little up there in age though. I think he's closing in on his mid 30s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 07:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We need a QB who isn't afraid to get in a teammates face and yell!  Has Geno Smith been cut, yet?

hes not getting in anyones face for a while. hahahahaa
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 05:02 PM)milksheikh Wrote: McCarron, Rex, Peerman, Shawn Williams are all back to practicing except Darqueze Dennard. He is currently rehabbing. Happy all of them are back on the practice fields.

https://twitter.com/BrennenWarner/status/633349015439081472

Looking forward to Monday.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:10 PM)McC Wrote: He also had issues last week and then was fine in the game.  Kind of a weird phenomenon.  But is snapping his only issue?  There are those who would say no.

1.  He is having problems in practice because he is trying to learn new techniques.  That is what practice is for.  When you try something new you don't do it right every time.

2.  He does have other issues besides snapping, but his level of play last year was not bad enough to keep us from having one of the best O-lines in the league.  Plus he should improve like almost every other rookie does his second year.

If he was as bad as some people claim then Dalton would have been running for his life all the time last year and we would not hav had any success running the ball up the middle or in short yardage situations.  He needs to improve, but he is not as bad as some people here claim.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  He is having problems in practice because he is trying to learn new techniques.  That is what practice is for.  When you try something new you don't do it right every time.

2.  He does have other issues besides snapping, but his level of play last year was not bad enough to keep us from having one of the best O-lines in the league.  Plus he should improve like almost every other rookie does his second year.

If he was as bad as some people claim then Dalton would have been running for his life all the time last year and we would not hav had any success running the ball up the middle or in short yardage situations.  He needs to improve, but he is not as bad as some people here claim.

I think he was well below average for starting centers a year ago.

But, I think he improves yearly so in 2015 he gets to average hopefully and continues to get better each year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think he was well below average for starting centers a year ago.

To be honest I did not watch the play of too many other centers in the NFL last year.  However I do know that we ran the ball well up the middle, had good success on short yardage situations, and Andy was not running for his life in the pocket.  So he could not have been too bad.

When it comes to pass protection an O-line is only as strong as its weakest link.  It only takes one guy to mess up to blow up the pocket.  So Bodine could not have been messing up that often last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think he was well below average for starting centers a year ago.

But, I think he improves yearly so in 2015 he gets to average hopefully and continues to get better each year.

He was a rookie.  He'll get better.  Let's hope his ceiling is high and he becomes our next Braham.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I just hope the Williams kid keeps it up. Can you imagine two Genos in the middle?

http://blogs.bengals.com/2015/08/15/an-impressive-debut-for-baby-geno/
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote