Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
McCarron blurb from si mmqb
(02-22-2017, 05:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: You missed a fumble on McCarron (Denver game). Also you need to count in his horrid playoff game performance. (3 Fumbles, 1 INT, bad completion % and such). 

We're just seeing some clickbait articles from sportswriters who have little else to do right now. We got zero offers for McCarron after last season when everyone had seen him in extended action (and saw that he has little pocket presence and his brain turns off when facing a zone). Why should that change now?

I'll have to look, but I'm pretty sure Lap said that someone offered the Bengals 2 picks for him.
Reply/Quote
Which was debunked on this forum by Jim Owczarski:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-A-J-McCarron-can-he-be-a-franchise-qb?pid=335655#pid335655
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 07:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Which was debunked on this forum by Jim Owczarski:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-A-J-McCarron-can-he-be-a-franchise-qb?pid=335655#pid335655

Marvin probably did straight up lie to him; there is no way I could see Marvin commenting on a player move if they didn't pull the trigger. No offense to Jim but Dave probably has more inside sources in the organization and also has loose lips as well( he likes to talk not sure if he is a hoe or not).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't think of mmqb as click bait article. Peter King is probably as plugged into the nfl as anyone. He may or may not be accurate on Mikey not wanting to trade aj but pointing out what Cleveland has to offer got me thinking. If hue is as down on this qb class as he was last years it would make sense to get someone he "likes". I would gladly take the top pick in round 2 and 3. What do you give for next year too?

And if Cleveland gets to keep 1 and 12 and a second rounder this year that's 3 substantial picks and qb they've added after just in day 2.
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron is a scrub. Trading a decent draft pick for him will get a guy fired.

Simple question. What does AJ McCarron do well?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: AJ McCarron is a scrub. Trading a decent draft pick for him will get a guy fired.

I'm not sure I'd call him a scrub, but McCarron is definitely a benefactor of that "QB on the bench is super popular and mysterious" phenomenon you see in the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: AJ McCarron is a scrub. Trading a decent draft pick for him will get a guy fired.

Leads an epic comeback in a playoff game?
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 10:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Leads an epic comeback in a playoff game?

He didn't lead anything. McCarron made a couple of throws late in the game. He benefited greatly from short fields provided by the defense. He was awful in that game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure I'd call him a scrub, but McCarron is definitely a benefactor of that "QB on the bench is super popular and mysterious" phenomenon you see in the NFL.  

He's a serviceable backup. Scrub might have been harsh.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Cody Kessler:
8 starts
128 of 195 (65.6%)
1380 yards (7.1 YPA)
6 TDs to 2 INTs
92.3 rating
3rd round pick
23 years old

AJ McCarron
4 starts
102 of 160 (63.8%)
1066 yards (6.7 YPA)
7 TDs to 3 INTs
89.7 rating
5th round pick
26 years old

Kessler posted better numbers with a worse cast, was drafted higher and is younger to boot. Now why should the Browns offer up a top pick for McCarron again?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 03:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Cody Kessler:
8 starts
128 of 195 (65.6%)
1380 yards (7.1 YPA)
6 TDs to 2 INTs
92.3 rating
3rd round pick
23 years old

AJ McCarron
4 starts
102 of 160 (63.8%)
1066 yards (6.7 YPA)
7 TDs to 3 INTs
89.7 rating
5th round pick
26 years old

Kessler posted better numbers with a worse cast, was drafted higher and is younger to boot. Now why should the Browns offer up a top pick for McCarron again?
You're atually comparing 4 games to 8 lol and saying kessler is better wow the hate is real
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:44 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I agree with this but in regards to a possible deal with Cleveland, it would be highly unlikely that Brown would trade with anyone within the division especially when the player in question is a young, talented QB.  Just isn't going to happen.

Hey if Hue wants him, I don't think the management is going to stop him from getting AJ.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:29 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You're atually comparing 4 games to 8 lol and saying kessler is better wow the hate is real

Lol. You can't possibly be that dense. What's 8 games vs 4 have to do with it? Are you saying that's too small of a sample size for comparison? Or are you saying that Kessler somehow put up better efficiency numbers on a worse team because he played a little more?

If you're saying it's too small of a sample size, I could agree with that. But then I would say what makes anyone think McCarron (a 26 year old 5th round pick) is worth a 1st rounder based on 4 games? If you're saying Kessler posted better stats because he played more, I'd respond by saying (a) the Browns and (b) efficiency numbers don't go up when a QB plays more.  

If "the hate is real", you should easily be able to explain what makes McCarron better than Kessler. You can't.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:19 AM)jason Wrote: He didn't lead anything. McCarron made a couple of throws late in the game. He benefited greatly from short fields provided by the defense. He was awful in that game.

Now that's just hating.
J24

Reply/Quote

But getting a decent draft pick for him is a good thing, and if we can, then do it.

Who cares what AJ does well, but there is undoubtedly a market for him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Now that's just hating.

That's being real.

- Mac went 23 of 41 for 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and 3 fumbles. 68.3 passer rating. On what planet are those good numbers?
- Led the 2nd worst offensive output (279 yards) of that season and worst against the Steelers
- 0 points through 3 quarters (fortunately, the defense kept him in it by holding a good offense to 15 points)
- His first 10 drives were punt, punt, punt, punt, interception, punt, end of half, fumble, punt, fumble
- his "heroic" drives were 45 yards (3 plays) and 46 yards (7 plays), so Jason is right. They were short fields thanks to defense.

Charles Barkley is right. You can't speak the truth these days without kids claiming you're "hating".
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: But getting a decent draft pick for him is a good thing, and if we can, then do it.

Who cares what AJ does well, but there is undoubtedly a market for him.

According to Jim O, that's debatable.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's being real.

- Mac went 23 of 41 for 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and 3 fumbles. 68.3 passer rating. On what planet are those good numbers?
- Led the 2nd worst offensive output (279 yards) of that season and worst against the Steelers
- 0 points through 3 quarters (fortunately, the defense kept him in it by holding a good offense to 15 points)
- His first 10 drives were punt, punt, punt, punt, interception, punt, end of half, fumble, punt, fumble
- his "heroic" drives were 45 yards (3 plays) and 46 yards (7 plays), so Jason is right. They were short fields thanks to defense.

Charles Barkley is right. You can't speak the truth these days without kids claiming you're "hating".

Yeah. For me, the saddest part of that game is that Burfict played lights out in an effort to win the game, but ultimately had a hand in the loss.

I have no problem with McCarron. I think hes a unique situation in that everyone knew him when he was drafted. The fan base was split on Dalton, so AJ became in instant favorite. I think it blinds people to the fact that he is a very pedestrian NFL QB. I'll believe that there is a market for him when/ if someone actually pulls the trigger. All I hear now is fan conjecture, and propaganda from Lapham's cheerleading ass.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's being real.

He still lead an epic comeback and simply dismissing it is BS. Just because he is not as good as Andy doesn't mean he is not a good QB in his own right.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 01:05 PM)J24 Wrote: He still lead an epic comeback and simply dismissing it is BS. Just because he is not as good as Andy doesn't mean he is not a good QB in his own right.

I hope they do get something for him, but I just don't think it will be some early round pick. We shall see.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote