AJ McCarron
4 starts
102 of 160 (63.8%)
1066 yards (6.7 YPA)
7 TDs to 3 INTs
89.7 rating
5th round pick
26 years old

Kessler posted better numbers with a worse cast, was drafted higher and is younger to boot. Now why should the Browns offer up a top pick for McCarron again?

Yeah, but what does Kessler's wife look like?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 01:01 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. For me, the saddest part of that game is that Burfict played lights out in an effort to win the game, but ultimately had a hand in the loss.

I have no problem with McCarron. I think hes a unique situation in that everyone knew him when he was drafted. The fan base was split on Dalton, so AJ became in instant favorite. I think it blinds people to the fact that he is a very pedestrian NFL QB. I'll believe that there is a market for him when/ if someone actually pulls the trigger. All I hear now is fan conjecture, and propaganda from Lapham's cheerleading ass.

I don't have any problem with McCarron either, I just know our fan base has a tendency to slightly overrate the backups and late draft picks. It happens all the time. I just try to be a voice of reason and reel people back down to earth. What makes McCarron better than Kessler?

(02-23-2017, 01:05 PM)J24 Wrote: He still lead an epic comeback and simply dismissing it is BS. Just because he is not as good as Andy doesn't mean he is not a good QB in his own right.

If you want to believe that was an epic comeback, that's your right. If he hadn't put a goose egg on the scoreboard through 3 quarters, he wouldn't have needed a comeback. Plus he didn't lead any TD drives over 46 yards, so I'm not sure how it was "epic". He didn't put on a superman cape...He had tons of help.

(02-23-2017, 03:11 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yeah, but what does Kessler's wife look like?

You joke, but sometimes I wonder if that really plays into why people like the guy so much. He was famous for being the Alabama QB with the hot wife. People think he's destined for NFL stardom because he was famous in college.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 06:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll have to look, but I'm pretty sure Lap said that someone offered the Bengals 2 picks for him.

(02-22-2017, 07:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Which was debunked on this forum by Jim Owczarski:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-A-J-McCarron-can-he-be-a-franchise-qb?pid=335655#pid335655

(02-22-2017, 07:59 PM)J24 Wrote:  Marvin probably did straight up lie to him; there is no way I could see Marvin commenting on a player move if they didn't pull the trigger. No offense to Jim but Dave probably has more inside sources in the organization and also has loose lips as well( he likes to talk not sure if he is a hoe or not).

I've heard a theory about the AJ trade situation, and I think there's some truth to it. Lap said that someone called and offered a 2 and 4 for him.

Marvin said that there were no offers for him.

Knowing how Marv operates, if the Bengals aren't getting exactly what they want in a situation, they will deny it. Like the Palmer situation. I believe the team was looking for a 1st, and probably more, and no one offered that so Marvin says that there were no offers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've heard a theory about the AJ trade situation, and I think there's some truth to it. Lap said that someone called and offered a 2 and 4 for him.

Knowing how Marv operates, if the Bengals aren't getting exactly what they want in a situation, they will deny it. Like the Palmer situation. I believe the team was looking for a 1st, and probably more, and no one offered that so Marvin says that there were no offers.

Well if there was ever a coach in the league that would try to influence his team to give up a high round pick for a Bengals QB it would be Hue Jackson.  

Just throwing that out there.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've heard a theory about the AJ trade situation, and I think there's some truth to it. Lap said that someone called and offered a 2 and 4 for him.

Jim said there were no offers for him also. I honestly don't think that there were any offers. There has only been speculation about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Get something for the guy.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't have any problem with McCarron either, I just know our fan base has a tendency to slightly overrate the backups and late draft picks. It happens all the time. I just try to be a voice of reason and reel people back down to earth. What makes McCarron better than Kessler?

If you want to believe that was an epic comeback, that's your right. If he hadn't put a goose egg on the scoreboard through 3 quarters, he wouldn't have needed a comeback. Plus he didn't lead any TD drives over 46 yards, so I'm not sure how it was "epic". He didn't put on a superman cape...He had tons of help.

You joke, but sometimes I wonder if that really plays into why people like the guy so much. He was famous for being the Alabama QB with the hot wife. People think he's destined for NFL stardom because he was famous in college.

If hill doesn't fumble then AJ would have been a legend in this city forever. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:42 PM)J24 Wrote: If hill doesn't fumble then AJ would have been a legend in this city forever. 

Undeservedly so. Burfict was the real hero if we won. McCarron finally put 2 TDs on the damn scoreboard.

That should be expected, not celebrated.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Undeservedly so. Burfict was the real hero if we won. McCarron finally put 2 TDs on the damn scoreboard.

That should be expected, not celebrated.

Come on Shake, be fair.

AJ put up 1 TD. Hill ran in the other TD.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Come on Shake, be fair.

AJ put up 1 TD. Hill ran in the other TD.

I am being fair. All credit goes to McCarron for the epic comeback and the 16 points we scored over the entire game. 

What a hero.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I am being fair. All credit goes to McCarron for the epic comeback and the 16 points we scored over the entire game. 

What a hero.

Yeah and i know Dalton has never played great in the Playoffs but i don't think it is far fetched that he would of
played better than McCarron did in that game. Sad the way it played out cause i truly think we would of won atleast
the Steeler game and would of pushed the Broncos if we had a shot at them.

Sucks man, that was our shot evidently and Dalton just got hurt.

Happened before with Palmer.
Reply/Quote
I heard bill polian on mike and mike the other day. He wasn't really on high on this qb class, at least as first rounders go. His general assessment was that the nfl was becoming like the nba in terms of drafting on potential. He went on to say trubisky and Watson were a yer away and Kizer was two. The blame was put on the offenses colleges run and that they aren't preparing qb's for the pro game. They aren't ready to read defenses, call or change plays etc. I don't expect a first rounder for him but a 2nd this year and conditional 2nd or 3rd next year seems reasonable.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and i know Dalton has never played great in the Playoffs but i don't think it is far fetched that he would of
played better than McCarron did in that game. Sad the way it played out cause i truly think we would of won atleast
the Steeler game and would of pushed the Broncos if we had a shot at them.

Sucks man, that was our shot evidently and Dalton just got hurt.

Happened before with Palmer.

If any year was the year, it was that one. That said, part of me wonders if Dalton would've made much difference. I don't really blame McCarron for his abysmal performance. I blame the coaches. I just don't feel like they set these guys up to succeed. Particularly on offense.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 01:05 PM)J24 Wrote: He still lead an epic comeback and simply dismissing it is BS. Just because he is not as good as Andy doesn't mean he is not a good QB in his own right.

Man oh man, being a Bengals fan is rough.  Even our "epic comebacks" don't result in wins.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 10:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man oh man, being a Bengals fan is rough.  Even our "epic comebacks" don't result in wins.

Yep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. You can't possibly be that dense. What's 8 games vs 4 have to do with it? Are you saying that's too small of a sample size for comparison? Or are you saying that Kessler somehow put up better efficiency numbers on a worse team because he played a little more?

If you're saying it's too small of a sample size, I could agree with that. But then I would say what makes anyone think McCarron (a 26 year old 5th round pick) is worth a 1st rounder based on 4 games? If you're saying Kessler posted better stats because he played more, I'd respond by saying (a) the Browns and (b) efficiency numbers don't go up when a QB plays more.  

If "the hate is real", you should easily be able to explain what makes McCarron better than Kessler. You can't.

For one that's twice as many games as mccarron played,mccarron still had more touchdowns.for two you can't just go by stats. The browns could of been down 21-0 and the other team in prevent for all I know letting him pass to run up clock. Again I will say you know who else has stats in the NFL ? Romo, cousins, and Miami's qb.you got to use your eyes and just know. 
Reply/Quote
I'll say it again. Macaroni isn't going anywhere. The Bengals will keep him as insurance if Dalton goes down. Marvin basically is not interested unless the trade is too good to pass up.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 07:54 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I heard bill polian on mike and mike the other day.  He wasn't really on high on this qb class, at least as first rounders go.  His general assessment was that the nfl was becoming like the nba in terms of drafting on potential.  He went on to say trubisky and Watson were a yer away and Kizer was two.  The blame was put on the offenses colleges run and that they aren't preparing qb's for the pro game.  They aren't ready to read defenses, call or change plays etc.  I don't expect a first rounder for him but a 2nd this year and conditional 2nd or 3rd next year seems reasonable.

A college coach is trying to win games.  Simplifying the game for your 19 year old QB is part of that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I am being fair. All credit goes to McCarron for the epic comeback and the 16 points we scored over the entire game. 

What a hero.

If you've played like shit and been beat up for three quarters and you can still stand up and get it right in the 4th, that says a lot about a player.  If Hill and Pacman don't shit the bed, the monkey is off our backs.  And yes, he would have been a hero.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
A bird in the hand is something or other...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote