Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron signs with Buffalo
Glad he got a deal somewhere for some nice coin and a chance for pt. he deserved a shot somewhere. He was a class act and seemingly good teammate. Good luck!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best o luck McCarron. Now you are the guy people are going to want to see benched.
Reply/Quote
Good luck AJM
Reply/Quote
I get that McCarron is untested but 5M/yr is great value for a possible starter. Was hoping it would be more to justify a better comp pick. Hopefully the Bills draft a raw QB with upside because I believe PT still plays into that mysterious equation some.
Reply/Quote
Good for you AJM. Thank you for your time as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Good luck AJM Thanks for the effort in the games you played. If the Bengals and Bills meet in the future may the best team win the Bills seem to be a respectable team with a great fan base.
Reply/Quote
Glad the kid is going to get his chance to start. Feared he may not and hope he does well.

Bills get a cheap QB and AJM gets a good raise and a chance to prove himself and make a lot more.

Got top think some QB's are going to slide in draft the way FA is playing out.

Would have been nice to get some compensation out of him though.

Good deal for him yet bad for Bengals.

Good luck and thanks AJM.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's good for both sides. AJ will finally get his chance to compete and the Bills have a fallback in case their rookie pick doesn't pan out. Also, the two year deal gives AJ another shot at landing a huge contract. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is all I've seen so far...

10M to be the clipboard guy, and 16.5M if he actually has to play?  Not too shabby.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good luck to AJM, he was a class act his entire time here; although, some disliked him unfairly.

On a person level, this makes me happy as I can now type AJ and folks know who I'm talking about. Best news since MLJ left.

I don't think many disliked him unfairly so much as people got tired of acting like he was the second coming after being competent for a few games.
Reply/Quote
Good for him, he's a class act and deserves a shot. Hope Buffalo is good to him....
Reply/Quote
AJ won our first playoff game in 25 years....

Until Marv, Hill, Burfict and Jones blew it.

I predict he is going to do very well if the Bills stick by him.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:54 AM)treee Wrote: I don't think many disliked him unfairly so much as people got tired of acting like he was the second coming after being competent for a few games.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:54 AM)treee Wrote: I don't think many disliked him unfairly so much as people got tired of acting like he was the second coming after being competent for a few games.

Think there were many like myself that did not dislike him at all yet realized his value and wanted to trade him before he walked away for free. 

Especially if there were no plans to start him.  Wish him luck and still say we botched it with him royally. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think there were many like myself that did not dislike him at all yet realized his value and wanted to trade him before he walked away for free. 

Especially if there were no plans to start him.  Wish him luck and still say we botched it with him royally. 

The lack of interest in FA and the offer he just took ($5 million per + incentives to be a placeholder for an inevitable top draft pick) leads me to believe there probably weren't many trade offers. I'd guess the Browns may have been the only takers, and even they changed their minds when they could've had him without parting with draft picks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just to recap:

-The Bengals defeat the Ravens, thus helping the Bills make the playoffs.
-Bills fans donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation.
-The Bengals give the Bills the 12th overall pick in exchange for Cordy Glenn and the 21st overall pick.
-The Bills sign ex-Bengal AJ McCarron.

This is totes adorbs.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:56 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Just to recap:

-The Bengals defeat the Ravens, thus helping the Bills make the playoffs.
-Bills fans donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation.
-The Bengals give the Bills the 12th overall pick in exchange for Cordy Glenn and the 21st overall pick.
-The Bills sign ex-Bengal AJ McCarron.

This is totes adorbs.

You forgot all those wings they sent us.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like a 6th round comp pick or maybe a 5th rounder if we're lucky. Which hey, we got him in the 5th so not too shabby to get a player for a bunch of years and then get almost the same pick out of him.  Should be a better pick than that -- I didn't realize the 10 mil was guaranteed and he could be making 8 mil a year with the incentives. So probably a 4th? Anyways, liked him while he was here and I'm glad he'll get a shot in Buffalo. May he beat the Patriots every time he plays them.

Reply/Quote
Glad he got his shot, but I wouldn't put it past Buffalo to take a QB at 12.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:23 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Glad he got his shot, but I wouldn't put it past Buffalo to take a QB at 12.

I think the word is that the Bills may be pulling the trade up and then trade up again to take a QB like Philly did to get Wentz.  The Bills, Jets, Browns, Broncos, and Cardinals are all in dire need of a QB, so I'm thinking the Browns take a QB at 1 and then the Giants, Colts, and Browns again start getting heavy interest in the next 3 picks from teams looking for a QB. The Cardinals and Jets both signed 2 vet QBs, so maybe they'll kick the can down the road for another year, though.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic here but Buffalo is going for a QB and they're probably going to have to reach high if they want one of the top 3 or 4 even.
Reply/Quote