Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron signs with Buffalo
Buffalo seems to like our quality backups.
Fitzpatrick now AJ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:25 AM)bengals67 Wrote: AJ won our first playoff game in 25 years....

If McCarron did not fumble three times and throw an interception we would have been up by more than a FG in the final seconds.  We gained 188 yards on 44 pass plays.  That is horrible production.  McCarron was lucky the defense gave him the ball 3 times on our end of the field in the fourth quarter.

AJ was a very good back up QB and I was glad we had him.  But he was way over hyped by some fans here.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:32 PM)kevin Wrote: Good, get him out of AFC North.  Just in case he becomes a good starter, better we don't play him twice a year. 

now how long will he keep the rookie on the bench....    6-12 games? if the bills struggle?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If McCarron did not fumble three times and throw an interception we would have been up by more than a FG in the final seconds.  We gained 188 yards on 44 pass plays.  That is horrible production.  McCarron was lucky the defense gave him the ball 3 times on our end of the field in the fourth quarter.

AJ was a very good back up QB and I was glad we had him.  But he was way over hyped by some fans here.

Agree with all of it.  It's also interesting that we fondly think of McCarron as the guy who shoulda won our first playoff game in 25 years, but the Bills traded away the first QB to get them to the playoffs in nearly 20 years.  So much honor in wildcard weekend losses, but hey, that's the nature of these two franchises. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If McCarron did not fumble three times and throw an interception we would have been up by more than a FG in the final seconds.  We gained 188 yards on 44 pass plays.  That is horrible production.  McCarron was lucky the defense gave him the ball 3 times on our end of the field in the fourth quarter.

Yep. Our defense played lights out that game.
Went up against the 3rd best offense, who also ranked 4th in points despite having two start two backup quarterbacks for 5 games.

To give up only 1 touchdown in that game? That's incredible

Don't get me wrong, he did make a clutch throw to Green in the 4th. But he played an AWFUL game
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Happy he gets a chance to compete for a starting spot.

I expect him to start in the beginning of the year, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills go the route of the Bears did last year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

This is what I have been saying for a long time. Well done. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Happy he gets a chance to compete for a starting spot.

I expect him to start in the beginning of the year, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills go the route of the Bears did last year.

This is what I assume will happen, either via offensive dysfunction or losing. Who knows? Maybe AJ will surprise everyone and last the season.

Reply/Quote
Stat sheet be damned, the guy made a play when we needed a play made. That doesn’t make him a superstar by any means, but I am glad that he will now get the chance to show whether or not he can do that with any sort of consistency.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:35 PM)HuDey Wrote: Stat sheet be damned, the guy made a play when we needed a play made. That doesn’t make him a superstar by any means, but I am glad that he will now get the chance to show whether or not he can do that with any sort of consistency.

Yep. He will be thrown to the wolves. Outside of McCoy, he does not have much to work with. If they go and get a QB in the first round, they make it harder for him to have anything to work with. I don't think they've picked up any playmakers either. So, that will be interesting.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Wish him all the best. :andy:
Reply/Quote

The truth.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy he's getting a chance to start.
Reply/Quote
I actually feel bad for the guy. I never understood how over hyped he was, but he seems like a good guy. He did and said the right things while he was here. I knew he would have to leave to get his shot, but I don't think Buffalo was an ideal landing spot. If that team starts to tank or McCarron starts the season rough, they're going to bench him and roll with the QB they draft this year. He should have signed a 1 year deal somewhere and tried again next offseason. This year is just a perfect storm that didn't really give him the opportunity he's looking for.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:09 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I actually feel bad for the guy. I never understood how over hyped he was, but he seems like a good guy. He did and said the right things while he was here. I knew he would have to leave to get his shot, but I don't think Buffalo was an ideal landing spot. If that team starts to tank or McCarron starts the season rough, they're going to bench him and roll with the QB they draft this year. He should have signed a 1 year deal somewhere and tried again next offseason. This year is just a perfect storm that didn't really give him the opportunity he's looking for.

As Xeno said in the other thread, backup QB is like the best job in the NFL. Get paid good, don't have to do much,
just have to prepare in case you get a shot. I don't feel bad for him, he's got the life.

He should of played better last year if he wanted a shot as a starter in the NFL and will have to play better to be
one this year. Driskel was better than AJM last year.
Reply/Quote
Good luck, AJ, except against us in our annual Bills game. You're a classy guy with a lot of guts. Oh and, if you thought winter sukked in Cincy...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't know why anyone would feel bad for AJ.

He was drafted to be a back-up QB.

That's exactly what happened and exactly what he did.

Now get a tissue and suck it up.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:35 PM)HuDey Wrote: Stat sheet be damned, the guy made a play when we needed a play made. That doesn’t make him a superstar by any means, but I am glad that he will now get the chance to show whether or not he can do that with any sort of consistency.

.....but.....to be fair to the other 3 QBs during Mediocre Merv's tenure.....that was the ONLY time the defense showed up to play in the postseason as well.  If the defense doesn't play as well as it did, the Stoolers easily trounce us due to the 3 fumbles and 1 INT AJM threw.  People often forget the other 21 guys on the field.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:01 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....but.....to be fair to the other 3 QBs during Mediocre Merv's tenure.....that was the ONLY time the defense showed up to play in the postseason as well.  If the defense doesn't play as well as it did, the Stoolers easily trounce us due to the 3 fumbles and 1 INT AJM threw.  People often forget the other 21 guys on the field.

Ok. So in some parallel universe where the only thing that happened differently is the play of the defense, we got trounced in that game. Got it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:09 AM)HuDey Wrote: Ok. So in some parallel universe where the only thing that happened differently is the play of the defense, we got trounced in that game. Got it.

Same parallel universe where Dalton was given the chance to make a game winning throw in the end of the fourth quarter of a playoff game and missed.

Got it now?
Reply/Quote