Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Comp pick prediction by Overthecap
(01-12-2017, 05:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Billings fell due to his short height and teams believing he's only a 2 down run stopper.

That is what some believe, but we also heard leading into draft that teams loved him. So it kind of goes to show no one really knows. in a 3-4 he seemed like a good fit as a 3-4 NT.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 09:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: That is what some believe, but we also heard leading into draft that teams loved him. So it kind of goes to show no one really knows. in a 3-4 he seemed like a good fit as a 3-4 NT.

The problem with news leading into the draft is that a lot of it is smokescreen. There was all sort of "news" entering the 2012 draft that the Bengals/Marvin loved Courtney Upshaw.

As for Billings, the Bengals had him rated as a 2nd round player.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Thought this was interesting. Latest Hobson article quote.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-search-for-absolute-value/99ca8576-db34-4a17-8a89-c40a73800f5f

"but if anything they’re going to double down in the draft with so many picks that should include two third-rounders and at least two fifth-rounders thanks to the compensatory picks."

Apparently he is thinking we will get a 3rd. I sure hope he is right.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 07:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thought this was interesting. Latest Hobson article quote.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-search-for-absolute-value/99ca8576-db34-4a17-8a89-c40a73800f5f

"but if anything they’re going to double down in the draft with so many picks that should include two third-rounders and at least two fifth-rounders thanks to the compensatory picks."

Apparently he is thinking we will get a 3rd. I sure hope he is right.

That is very interesting, wonder if he saying that's what the team expects to get? Or if that's just what he thinks. Would love to get an extra 3rd but doesn't see it happening unless we trade 2 4ths for a 3rd 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 04:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant see 11 draft picks making the team.

Wonder what 3 6th round picks and a 7th could get us in a trade.

There might be some merit to taking a pick in NEXT year's (2018) draft as compensation for a trade or if sliding back in Rd 1.  I agree that compiling some of those later picks for an earlier spot might be useful and the Pats always like compiling later round picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote