Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McCarron
Dalton won't be back. It's time to get behind mccarron for better or worse.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Things will be ok. The raiders terrible defense is holding Denver to FG's.

I like our chances against them with AJ.
Reply/Quote
He looked like a rookie, had one great throw to AJ and had a lot of over throws and under throws. I think that he will improve on that with more reps with the first stringers this week.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: He looked like a rookie, had one great throw to AJ and had a lot of over throws and under throws. I think that he will improve on that with more reps with the first stringers this week.

22/32 280+ yards 2tds is really good stats for a rookie. His ceiling appears high.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote: 22/32 280+ yards 2tds is really good stats for a rookie. His ceiling appears high.

Giftwrapped 14 points to the opposing team, had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive with less than 2 minutes to go, and was up against the 29th ranked pass defense with a LOT of talent surrounding him.

Yup, huge ceiling. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's give him a week practicing with the starters. Coming in cold with no first teams reps and putting up 20 points is not so bad.
^^^This. If Andy is gone for the season he has four regular season games (counting today) to get comfortable with his receivers. Some of them have already said that they are comfortable with him. He's a smart guy with experience in high pressure situations. I'm disappointed for Andy too but poop happens. Could anyone imagine what it will be like next training camp if AJ does well and wins a playoff game or two? Can you say quarterback competition?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giftwrapped 14 points to the opposing team

Take those out of the equation and the Bengals win 20-19. Unlikely he will make the same mistakes with a full week to prepare.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giftwrapped 14 points to the opposing team, had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive with less than 2 minutes to go, and was up against the 29th ranked pass defense with a LOT of talent surrounding him.

Yup, huge ceiling. Ninja

The best performance this year against the steelers by a Bengals qb. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:21 PM)EatonFan Wrote: At first we need to give him about two reads and then use his legs.  He's smart and competitive.

He is smart, and he is competitive, but you must not watch much college football.  He is not a runner, not even close.

The problem is that he is in his second year, after sitting almost his entire rookie year, and does not have much experience in the NFL.  He also has to learn quickly because there are only three weeks left in the regular season.  After that it is "lose and go home".
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giftwrapped 14 points to the opposing team, had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive with less than 2 minutes to go, and was up against the 29th ranked pass defense with a LOT of talent surrounding him.

Yup, huge ceiling. Ninja

Why do you keep Diminishing the 2nd TD? He threw it; it counts. 

Andy gave up a sure 3 and most likely 7 in a fraction of the time that AJ was in. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do you keep Diminishing the 2nd TD? He threw it; it counts. 

Andy gave up a sure 3 and most likely 7 in a fraction of the time that AJ was in. 

He feels Dalton is going to lose the job? Confused
Reply/Quote

Yup, huge ceiling. Ninja

Hey Scrooge. He made 1 bad decision and floated a ball. It happens when you have an inexpierence guy who didn't get practice reps.

Ofc if you feel like they suck then I guess you can stop watching lol
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: The best performance this year against the steelers by a Bengals qb. Ninja

It was? You mean when he had the ball driving down in the 4th quarter, he took the lead and won? Oh wait, no, that was Andy Dalton. McCarron threw an INT that turned into an easy TD for the Steelers instead.

Reply/Quote
Not every rookie game is going to be LeBron James. There is only one King. But AJ looked good against a good Pittsburgh D fighting for their lives. I think Bengals cream the 49ers with AJ at QB, the Browns did. Limit the turnovers and he wins out.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do you keep Diminishing the 2nd TD? He threw it; it counts. 

Because it's ridiculous to praise a guy for throwing a garbage time TD against the 29th ranked pass defense after he already gave away the game when he had the chance to win it?

Now we have a freaking "Now that we have Dalton out of the way" thread... because apparently McCarron giving 14 points to the Steelers is better than the QB who was LEADING THE NFL in QB Rating coming into the game.

Also, can we stop calling McCarron a rookie? Just like the people who call Kirkpatrick "basically a rookie" for three years when they wanted to downplay bad things.

Reply/Quote
I thought he showed some arm talent, deep balls and squeezing some passes into tight windows down the middle. He of course made some bad reads, leading to the int's, but he's basically a rookie and that's what they do until they get more experience. Hopefully, he gets enough experience prior to the playoffs to limit those mistakes. He's good enough to get us some wins if we can run the ball and the defense can get off the field on 3rd downs.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because it's ridiculous to praise a guy for throwing a garbage time TD against the 29th ranked pass defense after he already gave away the game when he had the chance to win it?

Now we have a freaking "Now that we have Dalton out of the way" thread... because apparently McCarron giving 14 points to the Steelers is better than the QB who was LEADING THE NFL in QB Rating coming into the game.

Also, can we stop calling McCarron a rookie? Just like the people who call Kirkpatrick "basically a rookie" for three years when they wanted to downplay bad things.
I'm not sure anyone has said AJ is better than the QB who was LEADING THE NFL in QB Rating coming into the game.

Guy came in cold and threw 1 more INT in 50 minutes than Andy did in 10; yet there is a population here trying to trash him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
McCarron is essentially an inexperienced Dalton, at least from what I saw.

Thankfully he has a good team around him. I think he can hold down the fort, it's more a question if Andy can even make it bad before we are eliminated in the playoffs.

McCarron made some good decisions and good throws. Any rookie (for all intents and purposes) is gonna make some high throws and have the jitters. He'll also make sure to put actual velocity on those short outside throws.

He'll get us to the third seed. But I'd consider it a miracle if he wins us a game in the wild card round.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure anyone has said AJ is better than the QB who was LEADING THE NFL in QB Rating coming into the game.

Guy came in cold and threw 1 more INT in 50 minutes than Andy did in 10; yet there is a population here trying to trash him. 

There hasn't been much to crap on a quarterback for in Cincy lately. It's built up and now has a potential target. It was bound to come out LOL
Reply/Quote
I think we are in good hands with AJ leading us until Andy is back..
Reply/Quote