Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McCarron
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giftwrapped 14 points to the opposing team, had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive with less than 2 minutes to go, and was up against the 29th ranked pass defense with a LOT of talent surrounding him.

Yup, huge ceiling. Ninja

For a 1st year guy coming in for an injured QB he did pretty good. Dalton has had worse games, so I wouldn't read too much into this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:59 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Real deal. Enuff said.

looks like as serviceable backup for Dalton.. glad we have him over Campbell, hopefully he can hold the fort till we hopefully get Dalton back for playoff run.. if not.. we have good enough defense to overcome his weaknesses to still have a chance to win in playoffs.. need to step up the running game.
Reply/Quote
Key will be our running game and defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Like some others have said, I think with a week of reps with the starters, he might be ok. There are a lot worse quarterbacks we could have in there.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
And hey, maybe we can get some camera shots of Katherine.....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And hey, maybe we can get some camera shots of Katherine.....

Now you're talking....  Perhaps she could become part of the cheerleaders.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I mentioned it in the game day thread... I do feel more comfortable with AJ Mccarron out there, as opposed to Josh Johnson or Campbell type QB's.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: looks like as serviceable backup for Dalton.. glad we have him over Campbell, hopefully he can hold the fort till we hopefully get Dalton back for playoff run.. if not.. we have good enough defense to overcome his weaknesses to still have a chance to win in playoffs.. need to step up the running game.

If Dalton's throwing thumb is broken, he better hope that McCarron wins a playoff game or wins enough in the last three games that we have a playoff bye week. Otherwise, it will be over before Dalton comes back.

Reply/Quote
So when do we start the Official all things AJ McCarron Mega-Thread? Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So when do we start the Official all things AJ McCarron Mega-Thread? Ninja

After the SF game, when it will be argued here that he's either a) the second coming of Joe Montana or b) the AntiChrist.  Yes, those will be the two choices. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: After the SF game, when it will be argued here that he's either a) the second coming of Joe Montana or b) the AntiChrist.  Yes, those will be the two choices. 

If he puts up a 2.0 against SF.

Reply/Quote
I don't know. I feel okay with AJ taking over during the Dalton injury. I hope/think getting enough practice time and with Eifert returning from injury he can lead the Bengals to enough wins to make the playoffs. I don't see this as the end of the season. Maybe AJ will make the best of it and improve his value for next year.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this prompts Hue to stop trying to be cute. With a green QB we need to just line up and play big boy ball, and mostly pass in play action.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:19 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Did decent. Put showed poor pocket awareness and management. He's serviceable, and I expect to beat the 49ers and Ravens with him. But I don't really trust him against good defenses.

Will have to be a run-first team.

We better use Gio more if we are going to be a run team.I know he screwed up on the miss block but Dalton shouldnt have thrown the damn ball. I know Hill was great last year but he just dosent have it this year. Gio makes things happen, people miss, get this kid involved more Hue.......
Reply/Quote
McCarron's gotta work to bring some of his throws down. Seeing Green have to jump eight feet in the air is too nerve-wrecking.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I was encouraged by what Mc showed today with 0 reps. He's a solid backup and he may be able to pull off 1-2 more wins, but our shot at a BYE vanished today, and our hopes of winning a playoff game are on life support.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hopefully this prompts Hue to stop trying to be cute. With a green QB we need to just line up and play big boy ball, and mostly pass in play action.

Lol no shit! Prob not, Maybe we can draft some more tackles to line up in the slot. I agree with you, just line up and play freakin football. With the talent we have there is no reason to get cute.
Reply/Quote
We can win out with McCarron if the defense stays strong. A bye is still in reach which would give Dalton another week. I hate to see Dalton hurt but at least it isn't a knee, a concussion, an elbow etc. A fractured thumb on your throwing hand is a tricky injury, but it could have been worse. Especially how that game unfolded.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Wow it's bad now with doom and gloom. People's heads will completely explode if we lose to the 49ers. Gaah
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: McCarron's gotta work to bring some of his throws down.  Seeing Green have to jump eight feet in the air is too nerve-wrecking.

Chances are Dalton will be passing along some of House's training to AJ, plus anything else he can. Marvin will likely challenge every player now to really  focus on every little thing, resulting in better performance across the board. 

The tricky part will be not to overload AJ with so much that he winds up trying too hard. Even though it was 'just' college, AJ's experience at Alabama (major winning program, and the resulting pressure) should serve him well in the weeks coming up. The stakes are higher, but pressure is pressure, and if you've been through it before and succeeded then you have a foundation from which to apply that experience. I yield to AJ to do just that.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote