Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graduation Stories
(05-28-2019, 02:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mike-pence-west-point-graduation-vice-president-says-they-should-expect-to-see-combat-today-2019-05-25/

Surprisingly no story of walkouts by the students or faculty.

Well that oath keeps them from thinking for themselves, doesn't it.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-28-2019, 02:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can skirt it as much as you want but I'll answer it for you. The story was about the Student's planned walkout and that there would be no repercussions taken against the students. I stance I support 100%.  

I see where you are confused. In making a point about university culture and ideals, you thought I was shifting the subject to students, away from the faculty who taught them and are responsible for maintaining that culture.

You still see a business where I see a university.
Somehow it is ok for students (customers) to protest, but not bad for "employees" who aren't doing as "instructed."

What do you think the BOSSES can do to these EMPLOYEES?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-28-2019, 02:57 PM)Dill Wrote: I see where you are confused. In making a point about university culture and ideals, you thought I was shifting the subject to students, away from the faculty who taught them and are responsible for maintaining that culture.

You still see a business where I see a university.
Somehow it is ok for students (customers) to protest, but not bad for "employees" who aren't doing as "instructed."

What do you think the BOSSES can do to these EMPLOYEES?

I agree one of us is confused. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-28-2019, 02:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mike-pence-west-point-graduation-vice-president-says-they-should-expect-to-see-combat-today-2019-05-25/

LOL West Point must be a business.  They know who the bosses are! LMAO

Not like Notre Dame.

https://my.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/mike-pence-vice-president-student-walk-out-notre-dame-commencement-protest-a7748086.html
(05-28-2019, 03:54 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL West Point must be a business.  They know who the bosses are! LMAO

Not like Notre Dame.

https://my.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/mike-pence-vice-president-student-walk-out-notre-dame-commencement-protest-a7748086.html

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

Guess what the Notre Dame story is about? 

A. Faculty walking out

B. Students walking out. 

Because the UCMJ and DOD directives expressly prohibit service members from participating in political demonstrations while in uniform.
(05-25-2019, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't use the term owner; I used your terms and still you went on about nothing that was asked. 

I'm going to ask the question one final time: IF THE MAJORITY IN THIS SHARED GOVERNANCE VOTED AGAINST PENCE SPEAKING, THEN WHY DID HE SPEAK?

You now have 3 options:

Directly answer the question posed 

Don't answer the question posed

Type a lot about something else

Let's see how it goes Cotton.

(05-24-2019, 10:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. You provide an article that explains how the Army is exactly like a business, but quote the ideology as one person as empirical evidence. There are elements of the Military that are a business.

Here's my empirical evidence that the Military is a business

..and business is a booming.

Further discussion on the matter is moot and going off the rails.

2. Most likely the owner.

Not only did you use the term owner; you were, in fact, the first to refer to the owner of Taylor University and claimed the owner approved Pence's appearance. Although you haven't been able to identify who the owner is.
(05-28-2019, 06:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not only did you use the term owner; you were, in fact, the first to refer to the owner of Taylor University and claimed the owner approved Pence's appearance. Although you haven't been able to identify who the owner is.

Are you really quoting my reply to you to dispute a post I made to someone else?

Of course I've used the term owner in this thread (because that's what they are) but in my reply to Dill I purposely didn't use it so he wouldn't focus on the word, but more so the concept. Perhaps try to quote the post I made to Dill and bold the word owner.

You guys are desperate. 

(05-28-2019, 02:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Many = about 40 walked out, out of 494 graduating students.  In what world is that a majority?

In what world? None. Many and majority aren't the same. Two hundred students are many, but not a majority of 494 students.
(05-28-2019, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you really quoting my reply to you to dispute a post I made to someone else?

Of course I've used the term owner in this thread (because that's what they are) but in my reply to Dill I purposely didn't use it so he wouldn't focus on the word, but more so the concept. Perhaps try to quote the post I made to Dill and bold the word owner.

You guys are desperate. 
You don't need to call "them" the owner in every response because it is understood that is who you believe "they" are. You just confirmed that's who you think "they" are. Again.

What concept? The concept "they" are the owners?

Who are "they"?
(05-28-2019, 07:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You don't need to call "them" the owner in every response because it is understood that is who you believe "they" are. You just confirmed that's who you think "they" are. Again.

What concept? The concept "they" are the owners?

Who are "they"?

As I said: provide the post, in which, I said I didn't use the term owner. I purposely left it out because to some the tree is more substantial than the forest. 

Folks at that university answer to people aka the "owners".

You keep asking questions yet wont answer the one question posed to you to clarify your post:

Who was the "other employee" that ok'd the Pence speech?

(05-28-2019, 08:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: provide the post, in which, I said I didn't use the term owner. I purposely left it out because to some the tree is more substantial than the forest. 

Was the forest different because you did or didn't call the forest the owners? No. So congrats on undermining your own point, I guess?

Quote:Folks at that university answer to people aka the "owners".

Cool. Four pages of you bloviating about the owners to finally admit the "owners" are people who don't actually own the university, but fellow employees who are most likely administrators. And the "people" who chose Pence as a commencement speaker may or may not have any authority over the faculty.

Quote:You keep asking questions yet wont answer the one question posed to you to clarify your post:

Who was the "other employee" that ok'd the Pence speech?

I answered your question 4 days and 3 pages ago. Post # 95.

You haven't answered who the owner is or what policy or part of their contract the staff violated. Because you can't punish them unless their was a violation of a policy or their contract. Then the next step would be the policy on progressive discipline because a first time offense is probably nothing more than a verbal counseling session.

And your not sure if they violated a morality clause that you don't know if they have. And you don't think what they did is immoral, but if it isn't then the person who may have wrote the morality code you don't know they have is an idiot. Whew! And you call others desperate! LOL
You guys waste far too much time on going around in circles with a guy who knows he is wrong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-29-2019, 08:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You guys waste far too much time on going around in circles with a guy who knows he is wrong.

Yeah, I have reduced the amount of time I bother with it. Sometimes I find myself plotting out a post in my head to dismantle his arguments and then realize it doesn't matter. So I go back to watching fishing videos.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-24-2019, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Or folks could just stop stalking; it's creepy.

2-3. Owner-Owners; Damn those semantics. They walked out on their employer's decision. Pence hadn't even uttered a word. Now who was the other employee that made the decision to invite Pence?

4. How would I know as audience member even know? Hell I'm not even suppose to notice they walked off the stage

5-6. Actually most private businesses use a the term PTO (paid time off). I just used sick day because is more widely used and understood. Emotional health is important too. They needed to take the day, so Pence's speech didn't cause them emotional pain.

Damn, are you off again?  Is that like a seven day weekend?  Or are you taking another break to post here on a Tuesday during business hours?  If you're going to take this many breaks maybe you should just take a sick day?  Normally, I would suggest someone take PTO for personal time when they aren't sick.  However, I recently learned most folks don't know what PTO is and sick days are more widely used and understood.  Especially among the folks in human resources.  Because I can't think of anything more insolent to the owner of the Army than giving a 75 cent effort for a dollar worth of pay because that is stealing.

https://hrdailyadvisor.blr.com/2018/10/12/how-much-time-are-employees-wasting-on-the-internet/

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/business-ethics-stealing-time-64674.html
(05-30-2019, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Damn, are you off again?  Is that like a seven day weekend?  Or are you taking another break to post here on a Tuesday during business hours?  If you're going to take this many breaks maybe you should just take a sick day?  Normally, I would suggest someone take PTO for personal time when they aren't sick.  However, I recently learned most folks don't know what PTO is and sick days are more widely used and understood.  Especially among the folks in human resources.  Because I can't think of anything more insolent to the owner of the Army than giving a 75 cent effort for a dollar worth of pay because that is stealing.

https://hrdailyadvisor.blr.com/2018/10/12/how-much-time-are-employees-wasting-on-the-internet/

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/business-ethics-stealing-time-64674.html
I have 0 idea why you are allowed to continue this stalking. I do travel quite a bit for work. Currently down south getting ready to be a guest at a change of command if you want to update your journal. I hope no one walks out

(05-30-2019, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 idea why you are allowed to continue this stalking. I do travel quite a bit for work. Currently down south getting ready to be a guest at a change of command if you want to update your journal. I hope no one walks out

Oh, so it is a seven day weekend. And by stalking you mean posting in the same subforum as you?
(05-29-2019, 08:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You guys waste far too much time on going around in circles with a guy who knows he is wrong.

Practice.

And the point is to learn how people think--what they don't know as well as what they know.