Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McGlinchey getting worked over tonight...he'll probably be our pick
Looks like he can't handle speed rushers. He just got beat for a strip sack which Miami recovered.

He's gotten beat other times too.

Not looking like a Top 5 pick tonight.

There are no sure picks with offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
Marvin marks down mcglitchy on his notepad while watching
Reply/Quote
How did Guard Nelson look? I think the Bengals should grab Nelson if they stay in top 10. Seems like a safe pick.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I put this in draft central, we should trade down to 17? for a second rounder and get an aj green replacement(courtland sutton) and with the 2 second rounders get a center(Billy price) and the best guard(will hernandez) go ot next year when u got Trey Adams coming out.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I put this in draft central, we should trade down to 17?  for a second rounder  and get an aj green replacement(courtland sutton) and with the 2 second rounders get a center(Billy price) and the best guard(will hernandez) go ot next year when u got Trey Adams coming out.

What schools do these guys play for?  I haven't put any time into noting who's who in this upcoming draft season yet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What schools do these guys play for?  I haven't put any time into noting who's who in this upcoming draft season yet.

Price plays for Ohio St., Hernandez plays for UTEP
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What schools do these guys play for?  I haven't put any time into noting who's who in this upcoming draft season yet.

Price is Ohio St Center. I like him but rd 2 may be a rd too high. McGlinchy is Notre Dame. He's good, probably a reach as a top 10 , but, over his time hes been solid.  Notre Dame really looked off vs Miami.

We'll likely take a real hard look at LOTS of O-Line guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:47 AM)redwood Wrote: Price is Ohio St Center. I like him but rd 2 may be a rd too high. McGlinchy is Notre Dame. He's good, probably a reach as a top 10 , but, over his time hes been solid.  Notre Dame really looked off vs Miami.

I knew that, Duh.. (I follow the Bucks, and forgot his name)  Price is alright, but might not be instant starter material in the NFL, as he only has one full season starting at Center.

I didn't pay attention to any of their specific names, but the Miss St. OL is worth taking a look at.  They (I thought) did a heck of a job, versus a typically strong Alabama front seven.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yes let's destroy a prospect after one game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Price lg and center for osu. Will hernandez of out of utep.
(11-12-2017, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I knew that, Duh.. (I follow the Bucks, and forgot his name)  Price is alright, but might not be instant starter material in the NFL, as he only has one full season starting at Center.

I didn't pay attention to any of their specific names, but the Miss St. OL is worth taking a look at.  They (I thought) did a heck of a job, versus a typically strong Alabama front seven.  
Elflien only had one season as well. And price seems to be a better prospect than elflien. There talk price may sneak into the first so he might not be there.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:47 AM)redwood Wrote: Price is Ohio St Center. I like him but rd 2 may be a rd too high. McGlinchy is Notre Dame. He's good, probably a reach as a top 10 , but, over his time hes been solid.  Notre Dame really looked off vs Miami.

He may sneak into round 1 regarded as better than cowboys center was coming out. Also durable(record for consecutive games started at osu) mccglitchey REALLY struggles against speed rushers. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I knew that, Duh.. (I follow the Bucks, and forgot his name)  Price is alright, but might not be instant starter material in the NFL, as he only has one full season starting at Center.

Still an upgrade over Bodine, and he has experience at two positions which is what supposedly gets Piano Man erect over when it comes to offensive lineman.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is the year they may have to go away from "Best Player Available" and reach to get needed linemen. Why in the hell they are not reaching out to Jon Toth and signing him to the practice squad is beyond me. He is healthy, available, and would sign at rookie minimum to get back into the league (not that he was ever in it, he was a UDFA for the 9ers, until his back surgery). Rated 5th overall best center, can play all line positions. Saw a picture of him on Twitter the other day captioned "who says 300+ lb. men can't do pull ups".... he's in the gym............. do some scouting for crying out loud Merv.....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He may sneak into round 1 regarded as better than cowboys center was coming out. Also durable(record for consecutive games started at osu) mccglitchey REALLY struggles against speed rushers. 

Yes. That's his scouting report: struggles against edge speed rushers.

In the Pro's he's going to face that EVERY week. I would be hesitant to use a Top 10 pick on him.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Price lg and center for osu. Will hernandez of out of utep.
Elflien only had one season as well. And price seems to be a better prospect than elflien. There talk price may sneak into the first so he might not be there.

Elflein grades out as Poor currently at PFF which sucks in a way because drafting a 2nd Round Center doesn't automatically fix our issue.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is the year they may have to go away from "Best Player Available" and reach to get needed linemen. Why in the hell they are not reaching out to Jon Toth and signing him to the practice squad is beyond me. He is healthy, available, and would sign at rookie minimum to get back into the league (not that he was ever in it, he was a UDFA for the 9ers, until his back surgery). Rated 5th overall best center, can play all line positions. Saw a picture of him on Twitter the other day captioned "who says 300+ lb. men can't do pull ups".... he's in the gym............. do some scouting for crying out loud Merv.....

It's almost as if they don't feel like Center is a problem, isn't it?
Reply/Quote
You don't judge a guy by one games, it's about a body of work. I can pull up bad games for almost every prospect in the last 10 years. I'm not saying this is the pick, but the body of work has to be viewed as a whole.
Reply/Quote
Have not looked at the incoming class much if they have not played my Cards.

So what about this Orlando Brown kid from Oklahoma ? At 6'8" 360 lbs he should certainly be able to run block and have heard he is terrific in pass protection.

When your dad was nicknamed Zeus in the NFL you got to have some potential.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have not looked at the incoming class much if they have not played my Cards.

So what about this Orlando Brown kid from Oklahoma ? At 6'8" 360 lbs he should certainly be able to run block and have heard he is terrific in pass protection.

When your dad was nicknamed Zeus in the NFL you got to have some potential.

His dad was the guy that the official threw a flag and hit him in the eye and damaged his eye.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: You don't judge a guy by one games, it's about a body of work. I can pull up bad games for almost every prospect in the last 10 years. I'm not saying this is the pick, but the body of work has to be viewed as a whole.

10/31/17 - Notre Dame redshirt senior LT Mike McGlinchey (6-7, 312, 5.27, #68) had an up-and-down performance against N.C. State senior pass rusher Bradley Chubb (6-3, 275, 4.84, #9), a projected top-10 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Along with Quenton Nelson at left guard, McGlinchey was dominant in the run game, but his struggles with edge speed in pass protection showed on more than a few occasions. Entering the season, scouts had concerns about his ability to stay on the blindside in the NFL, and his performances against the top defenses on the schedule (Georgia and N.C. State) back up those concerns. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

09/11/17 - As Saturday night turned into Sunday morning following Georgia's 20-19 victory over Notre Dame, Fighting Irish offensive lineman Mike McGlinchey took the blame. "It's awful, absolutely awful...it came down to execution at the end and I blew it," said McGlinchey, a 6-foot-8 1/4, 315-pound left tackle who turned down the NFL to try to help Notre Dame rebound from a 4-8 season. McGlinchey held himself responsible for missing the block that led to Georgia linebacker Davin Bellamy's sack of quarterback Brandon Wimbush and linebacker Lorenzo Carter's fumble recovery that ended Notre Dame's chance of rallying past the No. 13 Bulldogs. The loss dropped the Irish (1-1) out of the Associated Press Top 25 rankings. Notre Dame is at Boston College next week. "Our defense played its heart out. Everyone had their doubts about them and they stepped up," McGlinchey said. "That last play was my fault. We played our hearts out in the fourth quarter." Coach Brian Kelly, who was brusque in ending his postgame conference, insisting things won't "snowball" as they did in 2016 when Notre Dame lost seven of its eight games by eight points or fewer, was in a better mood Sunday and didn't fault McGlinchey. "I've never felt like there's one play that determines a game," Kelly said. "It was just a one-on-one scenario. That's a guy (Bellamy) that's going to be playing in the NFL." - AP College Football
Reply/Quote