Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McKinney, Texas Police Video
All parents should have a talk with their children about how to handle themselves when around cops.

I don't care if the girl was in her b-day suit, he told her to leave. She started arguing with him and moved towards him with a defiant stance, big no-no. He was also justified in pulling out his gun, the kids were circling him and yelling.

The sad part is, these same kids came back into the neighborhood and vandalized it, stole a truck and rammed things with it. If they hadn't done that, I'd be inclined to think that maybe they were decent kids just in the wrong place at the wrong time. By retaliating the way they did, it just tells me that they had some serious attitude problems and were trying to bait the cop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Ok, I just watched the video for the 1st time.  My quick conclusion, it should be a non-issue.  No one was seriously injured, hopefully the teens learned a lesson in respecting authority.

1.  If the teens had an ounce of respect for authority, none of the drama would have ensued.

2.  The officer looked to be pretty stressed from all of the chaos.  Likely why he overreacted.

3.  We never see what led up to the point where the video begins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-10-2015, 07:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:
Quote:All parents should have a talk with their children about how to handle themselves when around cops.
Quote:the conversation should begin with knowing your rights. A good place to start would be understanding the definition of disorderly conduct

Quote:I don't care if the girl was in her b-day suit, he told her to leave. She started arguing with him and moved towards him with a defiant stance, big no-no. He was also justified in pulling out his gun, the kids were circling him and yelling.

No she did not. She was asked to leave and was doing so. As I pointed out, it's not unlawful to come to the aid of someone being unlawfully arrested. The girl was also released without charges, so there's that. 

Quote:The sad part is, these same kids came back into the neighborhood and vandalized it, stole a truck and rammed things with it. If they hadn't done that, I'd be inclined to think that maybe they were decent kids just in the wrong place at the wrong time. By retaliating the way they did, it just tells me that they had some serious attitude problems and were trying to bait the cop.

Are we sure it was the same kids .... is there proof of that?
(06-10-2015, 05:44 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: If you haven't done anything wrong, they can't just order you around.

They sure as hell can when responding to an incident like this.  They can order you to stay out of their way, and if you don't I'm reasonably certain there are laws you are violating because cops need to be able to deal with those idiots who present a risk to all involved by interfering with the cops doing their job.

To me, just watching since I can't hear the girl, it's questionable if she was really even a "gray area" that would be a judgement call.  I think [hope] that's why people are so outraged, although regardless he used excess force on her.  Pulling his gun there I don't think in any way was advisable - at worst should have gone to pepper spray or a baton.
(06-10-2015, 07:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: All parents should have a talk with their children about how to handle themselves when around cops.

About the best advice you'll ever hear with something like this.

One of these days, something like this is going to get out-of-control and there will be outrage over one of the idiot bystanders taking selfies catching a bullet.
(06-11-2015, 03:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They sure as hell can when responding to an incident like this.  They can order you to stay out of their way, and if you don't I'm reasonably certain there are laws you are violating because cops need to be able to deal with those idiots who present a risk to all involved by interfering with the cops doing their job.

To me, just watching since I can't hear the girl, it's questionable if she was really even a "gray area" that would be a judgement call.  I think [hope] that's why people are so outraged, although regardless he used excess force on her.  Pulling his gun there I don't think in any way was advisable - at worst should have gone to pepper spray or a baton.

I've always had trouble understanding how people find the "stay back and shut up" command so difficult. It isn't like they are asking you to climb the rope in gym class or run a mile. 
Just step back, shut up and wait....the vast majority of situations will defuse themselves. 
(06-11-2015, 03:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote:
Quote:They sure as hell can when responding to an incident like this.  They can order you to stay out of their way, and if you don't I'm reasonably certain there are laws you are violating because cops need to be able to deal with those idiots who present a risk to all involved by interfering with the cops doing their job.

Read again. If you are doing nothing wrong.

Interfering with official business or otherwise compromising a 'crime' scene, is doing something wrong. You will get no argument from me on that point. 

This girl ( who wasn't charged with anything ) followed the orders of the officer (who was reprimanded and his behavior criticized by his superiors ) when asked told to leave. The officer had no right to assault her. At what point do we draw the line in the sand? Never? Maybe when it's your daughter? 

Like I said. You are under no obligation to follow any orders as long as you're doing nothing wrong. The courts are very clear on this. 
(06-09-2015, 09:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One time I came a brain impulse away from throwing a person down a concrete flight of stairs but you have to reign those impulses in and not express them. 

One time I seriously considered pepper spraying a horse. :blush:
If she had followed orders to leave and stay out of the way, then he never would have grabbed her. He told her group a few times to leave, yet somehow she still "wanders" back to within a few feet . She obviously was doing something wrong because there were dozens of other people around the crazy cop didn't throw on the ground. He was unnecessarily rough, but her second mistake was resisting arrest which just pissed him off more and caused him to use more force than warranted. She got in the way, mouthed off, and then when the cuffs came out she resisted arrest, but he still didn't need to use the physical force he did.

The fact she wasn't charged doesn't mean anything - it would have been a shitstorm to charge her, but often time idiots like her are detained or cuffed just to keep them out of the way and then later released.