Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mccarron
(01-05-2017, 01:44 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'll give Cleveland AJM and a 4th (may consider 3rd, if they toss a 5th or 6th from their side) for Joe Thomas.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Why? Just sign Whit again. Thomas is 32, Whit is 35. It's not like we'd be getting a 10 year solution to our tackle issues, just another couple years of a band-aid.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 01:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Why? Just sign Whit again. Thomas is 32, Whit is 35. It's not like we'd be getting a 10 year solution to our tackle issues, just another couple years of a band-aid.

Why not both!!!! I'd love to pair the two together and fix this line in style, even if it is for the short term.  Thomas averages less than 10M/yr and is signed thru 2018, and Whitworth signs a solid two year deal.  I'll gladly give McCarron for an elite tackle that hasn't missed a game.  Also, factor in that Zeitler may walk and they'll have to sign a tackle that is 2/3 the talent Thomas is for 6-7 mil/yr, hope for a rookie to contribute or go with what they have.  Sign me up.   
Reply/Quote
Well he is a great backup QB. But playing under Andy Dalton may not give him that first string role. Maybe a trade would be a blessing in disguise for him.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Sure. The Browns are going to offer up their future HOF tackle for AJ "friggin" McCarron...who would then have a gaping hole on his blind side.

Why stop there? We should ask for Joe Thomas + a pair of top 10 picks + Hue Jackson.

We'll throw in Zampese to sweeten the pot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 03:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Haha I was think browns second first round pick and a 4th. Rumor has it it has been discussed
He was very appreciative in the article he was not saying trade me or else. He was saying I'm very appreciative of the organization and in my exit meeting I told the coaches I loved every single one of them for taking a chance on me when no one else would. He also said they all have a very special place in my heart. So sounds like he thinks he won't be back imo. But he said it would be fine if he is back.
Even for a number 10 pick and a 4th?
That is an utter pipe dream.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:33 AM)McC Wrote: That is an utter pipe dream.

Yep. If the Browns offer us #10 for AJ...the Bengals take that trade in a second.

Of course, the Browns will probably take Deshaun Watson at 10.

What will excite a fanbase more...drafting a guy like Watson that is athletic and has great physical tools...or trading a high pick for the Bengals backup QB who is 26/27 years old and not known for the strongest arm?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 05:06 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I think he maybe the better qb but I hope we at least get a 2nd rounder

nope...maybe after Andy retires
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: They will manufacture QB's to have a 1st round grade like they did with EJ Manuel. Deshaun already has a high 1st round grade from most services and Mitch Trabisky appears to be this years pre draft riser. I agree though the market is in need of talent, but as I said one year of control doesn't help the value.

This does not matter to teams that need a QB.. they don;t need a QB in two seasons, they need them next season and this list is deep, i would put it at a solid 8 that will be looking for a QB in offseason.. that is 1/4 of all the NFL teams
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This does not matter to teams that need a QB.. they don;t need a QB in two seasons, they need them next season and this list is deep, i would put it at a solid 8 that will be looking for a QB in offseason.. that is 1/4 of all the NFL teams

False, It matters a whole hell of a lot. They do need a QB in two seasons, and beyond,as none of the teams that need QBs are winning anything of relevance next season (Outside of Houston but that's a mess). To trade a lot for a QB with one year of control left you better be damn sure you can resign him or you better be willing to tag him. If he walks after one year you lost a high draft pick with 4 years of control for a 1 year rental, which you could have had in a veteran like Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This does not matter to teams that need a QB.. they don;t need a QB in two seasons, they need them next season and this list is deep, i would put it at a solid 8 that will be looking for a QB in offseason.. that is 1/4 of all the NFL teams

Houston is the only team I can see going with McCarron as they are ready to win now.

Bad teams would rather draft a young QB and sell the fanbase on developing them.
Reply/Quote
I just read that McCarron is a restricted free agent after next year. Essentially he could be here 2 years if we tender him...which we should do...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:21 AM)milksheikh Wrote: According to reports/rumors, Bengals were offered a 2nd and a 4th for McCarron but the Bengals declined.

They wanted a 1st and 4th, from what I can think of... This team has to be the Browns.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/2/14146594/aj-mccarron-open-to-potential-trade-chance-to-start-elsewhere-bengals-quarterback

I'm guessing that if a team from outside the division offered that, the Bengals would have taken it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 02:54 AM)phil413 Wrote: Why not both!!!! I'd love to pair the two together and fix this line in style, even if it is for the short term.  Thomas averages less than 10M/yr and is signed thru 2018, and Whitworth signs a solid two year deal.  I'll gladly give McCarron for an elite tackle that hasn't missed a game.  Also, factor in that Zeitler may walk and they'll have to sign a tackle that is 2/3 the talent Thomas is for 6-7 mil/yr, hope for a rookie to contribute or go with what they have.  Sign me up.   
Pretty much where I was at.

Rumor was that the Browns were willing to move Thomas for a 1st rounder.
AJM could likely start immediately.

Let's face it.... do you think we have more than a 2-3 year window, with the current team ?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just read that McCarron is a restricted free agent after next year. Essentially he could be here 2 years if we tender him...which we should do...

Or use that as a selling point to trade him to a team who could have him for 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 01:47 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Or use that as a selling point to trade him to a team who could have him for 2 years.

It's not really two years of control, it is one then you can tender them. If he is good someone will offer a large deal, while you get the chance to first refusal, it does allow people to run you up a bit or structure a deal in a way that hurts you intentionally down the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 02:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's not really two years of control, it is one then you can tender them. If he is good someone will offer a large deal, while you get the chance to first refusal, it does allow people to run you up a bit or structure a deal in a way that hurts you intentionally down the line.

So we tender him, then if someone signs him we get a 1st Round pick assuming we tender him at that level.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sure. The Browns are going to offer up their future HOF tackle for AJ "friggin" McCarron...who would then have a gaping hole on his blind side.

Why stop there? We should ask for Joe Thomas + a pair of top 10 picks + Hue Jackson.

We'll throw in Zampese to sweeten the pot.

Don't forget the Maestro! :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 03:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Haha I was think browns second first round pick and a 4th. Rumor has it it has been discussed
He was very appreciative in the article he was not saying trade me or else. He was saying I'm very appreciative of the organization and in my exit meeting I told the coaches I loved every single one of them for taking a chance on me when no one else would. He also said they all have a very special place in my heart. So sounds like he thinks he won't be back imo. But he said it would be fine if he is back.
Even for a number 10 pick and a 4th?

Again, you're the only person to report this alleged "rumor."  Make a list of the top 12 players in the 2017 draft. Is McCarron better than any of them?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Again, you're the only person to report this alleged "rumor."  Make a list of the top 12 players in the 2017 draft. Is McCarron better than any of them?

Oh so it's common knowledge that we turned down a second and a 4th but a 1st and a 4th is outta the question?  Anyways obviously not but he's better than the top qbs. There's not a Qb in this draft as mccshay has said that he would take over garrapolo and maccaron on the same lever as garrapalo maybe a tad worse but not a huge step down.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Oh so it's common knowledge that we turned down a second and a 4th but a 1st and a 4th is outta the question?  Anyways obviously not but he's better than the top qbs. There's not a Qb in this draft as mccshay has said that he would take over garrapolo and maccaron on the same lever as garrapalo maybe a tad worse but not a huge step down.

Garroppolo looks a ton better than McCarron lol.
Reply/Quote