Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mccarron
(01-05-2017, 06:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Garroppolo looks a ton better than McCarron lol.

it easy to look good in that scheme it's the coaching not the player 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: it easy to look good in that scheme it's the coaching not the player 

That's a big excuse. Dalton was having a MVP season in the scheme we were running in 2015, but McCarron came in and looked bad. Garroppolo had the same amount of NFL play time as McCarron too, and he averaged 2 TDs a game 250 yards a game, and 0 TOs (turn overs) a game. McCarron averaged 200 yards a game 1.5 TDs a game and .75 TOs a game. Plus McCarron had horrible pocket presence allowing an average of 3 sacks a game when Dalton was barley even getting hit. Garoppolo looked calm in the pocket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: it easy to look good in that scheme it's the coaching not the player 

That's what Chad said. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 03:15 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Seeing a lot of articles in last 24 hours that say he's tired of being backup ready to be starter and seems like he expects to be traded.

Good, don't blame the guy and it would be best for all sides unless we don't take care of our O-line.

Even then Dalton and him would both get killed so...

Trade him and Hill for some picks and bring back Rex. I think if we did this it would help re-signing
Rex much more likely. Gio coming off injury, Rex would be the starter and we would be rewarding the
better player for once.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Oh so it's common knowledge that we turned down a second and a 4th but a 1st and a 4th is outta the question?  Anyways obviously not but he's better than the top qbs. There's not a Qb in this draft as mccshay has said that he would take over garrapolo and maccaron on the same lever as garrapalo maybe a tad worse but not a huge step down.

I didn't claim it was out of the question. I wrote you're the only one who has claimed an unnamed NFL source claimed the Browns discussed trading their second 1st round pick and a 4th for McCarron, but literally no one has reported that, but you.

If McCarron isn't a top 12 player in this draft, why would a team trade a top 12 pick for a QB of lesser value?

Let me quote you . . .

(01-04-2017, 07:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: source? 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 07:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: That's a big excuse. Dalton was having a MVP season in the scheme we were running in 2015, but McCarron came in and looked bad. Garroppolo had the same amount of NFL play time as McCarron too, and he averaged 2 TDs a game 250 yards a game, and 0 TOs (turn overs) a game. McCarron averaged 200 yards a game 1.5 TDs a game and .75 TOs a game. Plus McCarron had horrible pocket presence allowing an average of 3 sacks a game when Dalton was barley even getting hit. Garoppolo looked calm in the pocket.

He's got a point.....our coaching is pure shit.  I honestly think Brady isn't nearly as successful here as in NE.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 07:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: That's a big excuse. Dalton was having a MVP season in the scheme we were running in 2015, but McCarron came in and looked bad. Garroppolo had the same amount of NFL play time as McCarron too, and he averaged 2 TDs a game 250 yards a game, and 0 TOs (turn overs) a game. McCarron averaged 200 yards a game 1.5 TDs a game and .75 TOs a game. Plus McCarron had horrible pocket presence allowing an average of 3 sacks a game when Dalton was barley even getting hit. Garoppolo looked calm in the pocket.
after he was thrown into that steelers game he didn't have a turnover. plus garrapalo had months to get ready McCarron had weeks. and McCarron is like a alex smith not a deep ball qb, more of a dink and dunk qb. the problem is andy Dalton in 2015 was slinging the ball all over the field and with McCarron u need to run a lot of shorter routes. they didn't realize that.
(01-05-2017, 08:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I didn't claim it was out of the question. I wrote you're the only one who has claimed an unnamed NFL source claimed the Browns discussed trading their second 1st round pick and a 4th for McCarron, but literally no one has reported that, but you.

If McCarron isn't a top 12 player in this draft, why would a team trade a top 12 pick for a QB of lesser value?

Let me quote you . . .

obviously this is all about if a team is gonna reach for a qb ala bears, broncos, jets, bills, browns, jags, etc. if your gonna reach for a qb in this draft there are many better options ala garrapolo, McCarron, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: obviously this is all about if a team is gonna reach for a qb ala bears, broncos, jets, bills, browns, jags, etc. if your gonna reach for a qb in this draft there are many better options ala garrapolo, McCarron, etc.

1 Garrapolo
2 McCarron

That's two options.  Two does not equal "many." That's assuming teams believe Garrapolo and McCarron are better than all the QBs in this draft class.  You listed six teams in need of a QB.  Last time I checked, 6>2.  Over in the draft section, you're telling people teams aren't going to reach for QBs in the first round then contradict yourself by claiming McCarron is worth a top 12 pick based upon teams reaching for a QB in the first round.  LOL

Check this out . . .

(08-04-2016, 03:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We will trade McCarron to probably if I was a betting man the bills in the offseason as a starter for probably a second third and 5th bc one pick we get we need to replace McCarron(Jt Barrett?) so essentially getting 2 picks for him and we are always under the cap by about 10 million bc we use the rollover to extend contracts

(08-04-2016, 12:21 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: I doubt anyone offers that much for McCarron given his limited playing time though I still love his potential.  You must be an Ohio State fan because no one else in their right mind would bring up JT Barrett as a potential NFL QB...he has a ZERO percent chance of making it.

(08-04-2016, 07:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Haha yet deshawn Watson is a number one pick? They are the same player... Anybody see 2014 season? Just saying. And yeah that might be reaching but imo he sees himself as a starter so I hope we trade him for a pretty good haul instead of trying to resign him as a backup bc that won't work

I was going to make a joke here, but decided against it because nothing I could write would be funnier than what you already did.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 1 Garrapolo
2 McCarron

That's two options.  Two does not equal "many." That's assuming teams believe Garrapolo and McCarron are better than all the QBs in this draft class.  You listed six teams in need of a QB.  Last time I checked, 6>2.  Over in the draft section, you're telling people teams aren't going to reach for QBs in the first round then contradict yourself by claiming McCarron is worth a top 12 pick based upon teams reaching for a QB in the first round.  LOL

Check this out . . .

I was going to make a joke here, but decided against it because nothing I could write would be funnier than what you already did.

and that was in august before the season? barrett regressed A LOT from freshman season. I could have mentioned more just choose not to. there are other free agents. and I said there are no qbs with a first round grade besides trubisky and hes at 16 so McCarron would be a better option than any qb u reach for in the first round. if I didn't say that in the exact words that's what I was getting at.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 07:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: and that was in august before the season? barrett regressed A LOT from freshman season. I could have mentioned more just choose not to. there are other free agents. and I said there are no qbs with a first round grade besides trubisky and hes at 16 so McCarron would be a better option than any qb u reach for in the first round. if I didn't say that in the exact words that's what I was getting at.

That....and Meyer coached QBs have never panned out......unless you count Alex Smith.  Talk about products of a system.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: That....and Meyer coached QBs have never panned out......unless you count Alex Smith.  Talk about products of a system.

true but Barrett's freshman season had me thinking he was the first. Boy was I wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 07:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: and that was in august before the season? barrett regressed A LOT from freshman season. I could have mentioned more just choose not to. there are other free agents. and I said there are no qbs with a first round grade besides trubisky and hes at 16  so McCarron would be a better option than any qb u reach for in the first round. if I didn't say that in the exact words that's what I was getting at.

So drafting a QB rated #16 with the 12th pick is a reach?  You make no sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: true but Barrett's freshman season had me thinking he was the first. Boy was I wrong. 

That team was a lot better though....Meyer is a damn good coach (it pains me to say that due to his time at Florida kicking the Seminoles' ass...lol), and that team was stacked.

Reply/Quote
Teams should be a little skeptical of NE backup QBs that have done well there. Cassel never panned out in the league after signing with the Chiefs. Ryan Mallett was a disaster. So while some teams may be putting Garoppolo ahead of McCarron, I don't think they are that separated. McCarron should be considered just about as much in terms of trade value as Garoppolo.

I think too that either would be a better option than any QB that will be available in the draft in the late first or early second round. A late first and fourth or early second and fourth seems a fair trade value for either. Nothing with Kizer, Watson, or Trubisky really seems that much better than McCarron to warrant an early first round pick. If I'm picking in the top half of the draft, a better value seems to be to get a stud player like Garrett, Allen, Fournette, or Dalvin Cook and then get McCarron/Garoppolo with an early 2nd + 4th round pick.

Or we could see teams like SF, CHI, JAX, and NYJ pick up all three of Kizer, Watson, and Trubisky in the top of the first round, so teams like BUF and HOU could come knocking for a good trade of McCarron.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He may be old and fragile, but I think folks are forgetting that Romo may be on the block this coming spring.  Talk about a good stop gap prospect.

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure Cleveland ever plays to win unless by winning you mean 1st round draft picks. That's about the only thing their fans have to look forward to...play great for a second then get traded for next year's 1st round pick..
Their players have to be thinking that if they play great they're going to get shipped out to the 2nd worse team n the league. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: He may be old and fragile, but I think folks are forgetting that Romo may be on the block this coming spring.  Talk about a good stop gap prospect.

No doubt, and I'm sure all this sitting the bench stuff has really helped his body heal. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Good. Get what you can for him. He hasn't impressed and really wasn't as great as people make it out to be.

I can't wait for him to get a starting job and then get benched within 2 years.

He's not good. I don't care what school he played in for college. It's what you do on the field that maters the most. And yes, people will talk about the TD to Green against Pittsburgh. But is no one going to talk about how it was the defense that kept us in that game. Or how McCarron had fumbled the ball 3 times, threw an INT, and had a mere 121 passing yards with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Move him if you can and get help now.
This team needs all the picks it can get for some options in the draft.
We are only a few pieces away from being scary. IMO if Dalton goes down its the season anyway.
While having a competent back up is nice its still a small sample size. Time to pull a NE and cash in if they can.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Teams should be a little skeptical of NE backup QBs that have done well there. Cassel never panned out in the league after signing with the Chiefs. Ryan Mallett was a disaster. So while some teams may be putting Garoppolo ahead of McCarron, I don't think they are that separated. McCarron should be considered just about as much in terms of trade value as Garoppolo.

Agreed.

McCarron looked serviceable on a team that — this season and last — wouldn't have been in a few games if Dalton didn't have a quick release and kept plays alive. McCarron isn't that level, but he did ok with the same team.

NE has a good history with plugging in players and not missing a beat. Not to say Garappolo won't be a good QB, but it's hard to weigh his body of work in NE, when people used that same yard stick for Cassel. The guy went from being the next Tom Brady to throwing one TD in a few games for the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote