Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mccarron for jones
I will probably get ridiculed for this but everyone can agree we have to trade mccaron next year right? But we arent gonna get 4 draft picks for him so what i propose is getting a second round pick a 4th rounder and getting cardale jones from the bills in a trade for mccarron that is what i would love maybe asking too much but alsays loved jones
Reply/Quote
[Image: computer-facepalm.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 04:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I will probably get ridiculed for this but everyone can agree we have to trade mccaron next year right? But we arent gonna get 4 draft picks for him so what i propose is getting a second round pick a 4th rounder and getting cardale jones from the bills in a trade for mccarron that is what i would love maybe asking too much but alsays loved jones

Homer.......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have McCarron and a sharp stick in the eye. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Stop
Reply/Quote
Jones is a huge project. Extremely raw. That doesn't mean he can't be a success in the league. I just feel that the Bengals will likely draft another later round QB and try to develop him, but it will be someone that has familiarity with their scheme or at the very least has a skill set that fits their offense.

Now, to be fair, we don't know what that offense actually looks like just yet. Everyone seems to think it will just be a mirror image of Hue's offense, but if you think about it Zamp spent more time under Bratkowski than any other coordinator. If he were to mirror Brat, your choice of Cardale Jones wouldn't be the worst in the world, as Brat preferred a down the field passing game where the QB stays in the pocket and has to have great down-the-field vision, arm strength, and accuracy.

They may already have their next project QB in Licata.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 07:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jones is a huge project.  Extremely raw.  That doesn't mean he can't be a success in the league.  I just feel that the Bengals will likely draft another later round QB and try to develop him, but it will be someone that has familiarity with their scheme or at the very least has a skill set that fits their offense.  

Now, to be fair, we don't know what that offense actually looks like just yet.  Everyone seems to think it will just be a mirror image of Hue's offense, but if you think about it Zamp spent more time under Bratkowski than any other coordinator.  If he were to mirror Brat, your choice of Cardale Jones wouldn't be the worst in the world, as Brat preferred a down the field passing game where the QB stays in the pocket and has to have great down-the-field vision, arm strength, and accuracy.  

They may already have their next project QB in Licata.

I agree with every part of it i just know we are going totrade mccarron obviously bc hes gonna be a starter so we will need a quality backup to replace mccarron and were not getting 4 draft picks like people on here thimk we will for mccarron
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 07:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jones is a huge project.  Extremely raw.  That doesn't mean he can't be a success in the league.  I just feel that the Bengals will likely draft another later round QB and try to develop him, but it will be someone that has familiarity with their scheme or at the very least has a skill set that fits their offense.  

Now, to be fair, we don't know what that offense actually looks like just yet.  Everyone seems to think it will just be a mirror image of Hue's offense, but if you think about it Zamp spent more time under Bratkowski than any other coordinator.  If he were to mirror Brat, your choice of Cardale Jones wouldn't be the worst in the world, as Brat preferred a down the field passing game where the QB stays in the pocket and has to have great down-the-field vision, arm strength, and accuracy.  

They may already have their next project QB in Licata
[Image: blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 07:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree with every part of it i just know we are going totrade mccarron obviously bc hes gonna be a starter so we will need a quality backup to replace mccarron and were not getting 4 draft picks like people on here thimk we will for mccarron

On a serious note, I just don't see Jones as quality backup.  If we were to get offers on him for a quality backup QB or player, namely a wideout (which we may have found the right pieces in the draft), a good, young backer, or a complimentary piece to Atkins/quality DL depth.....I'd pull the trigger.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 04:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I will probably get ridiculed for this but everyone can agree we have to trade mccaron next year right? But we arent gonna get 4 draft picks for him so what i propose is getting a second round pick a 4th rounder and getting cardale jones from the bills in a trade for mccarron that is what i would love maybe asking too much but alsays loved jones

I will just say it seems like a poor trade for the bills unless something happens to tyrod who they just paid QB money too...

Why trade a backup on a rookie contract for a QB your gonna have to extend after the season.

It probly be better to look for a team without a QB they have committed too.  Ad probly wont be getting a QB back in return.
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

What makes you think we won't need a good back up QB this year?
Reply/Quote
Oh buckeye fans...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:05 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Oh buckeye fans...

as a buckeye fan I wanted to see more from jones the next year but after the strong proformance late he lost it the next season.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you think we won't need a good back up QB this year?

I didn't say this year I said we will have to trade him next year rather than let his contract run out bc someone will offer him starter opportunity and money.... See osweiler and obviously there are better trades I am just saying I think jones is a very solid qb when he has a deep threat...  We will need to trade mccarron and he went 11 for 21 with 161 yards passing and a td I knows it's preseason but if he were say our second stringer everyone would be praising him so why lot get 2 draft picks for trading mccarron plus a qb that way we won't have to waste a draft pick on a back up qb and yeah but hey I think Taylor is garbage so after this year they may do it 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote:   We will need to trade mccarron and he went 11 for 21 with 161 yards passing and a td I knows it's preseason but if he were say our second stringer everyone would be praising him so why lot get 2 draft picks for trading mccarron plus a qb that way we won't have to waste a draft pick on a back up qb and yeah but hey I think Taylor is garbage so after this year they may do it 

That is the problem.  Fans who are impressed by what a rookie third-string (not second) QB does against other third stringers in the final quarter of a preseason game are not very smart.

Jones will not be able to step in and win games this year the way McCarron can.  And there is a good chance we may have to win some games with our second string QB.
Reply/Quote

Yes. You are going to get ridiculed. That is a horrible idea. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No, No No

I'd be all for getting a few good draft picks for McCarron.  But keep Jones away from this team!  I am a Buckeye homer as much as the next guy, but even I could admit that Elliott was running all over everyone during that late season championship run.  And Devin Smith made Jones look good, IMO.  But the following season, we saw what Jones could do on a regular basis, which was be average, if that.  So nix the component where we get Jones, but keep the part with 2-3 quality draft picks (and they could even be in future years, too) and I think that would be a deal I would be on board with....
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 12:16 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: No, No No

I'd be all for getting a few good draft picks for McCarron.

Draft picks won't help us win any games if Dalton gets injured again.

I don't think many of you realize how important it is to have a good back up QB.
Reply/Quote
I'd try my best to keep McCarron, but if we can't I'd trade him to the Saints. They'll need a QB.

If we can't get a guy like Sheldon Rankins, the Saints's 2016 record should be bad enough that we could get at least a high second rounder for McCarron. Again though, I'd prefer to make McCarron a very highly paid back-up.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote