Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mccarron for jones
(08-18-2016, 01:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Id keep McCarron around until the last year of his contract, then trade him to a QB needy team.

I'd keep McCarron around until the last year of his contract, then trade Dalton, a nine year veteran who never won a playoff game, and promote a leader in AJ.
Reply/Quote
Keep McCarron and extend his contract. He's got a team here who'll honor the contracts they sign players to unlike some teams that don't. McC has a family to look after. I'm sure he'd love to be a starter, but I'd wager he'd much rather have a steady paycheck regardless of whether he's the starter or not.
If the Bengals made even 1/10th of the proposed trades of this board they wouldn't have a team left at the end of the season.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:24 AM)tlotharw Wrote: I'd keep McCarron around until the last year of his contract, then trade Dalton, a nine year veteran who never won a playoff game, and promote a leader in AJ.

Not sure if this is sarcam or not but if it isnt then wat are
Yu smoking he had his best year hell he won thr afc passing title in only 12. Games
Reply/Quote
AJM is a real luxury.
Reply/Quote
Cardale Jones is great if your game plan is to have a weekly 200+ yd rusher and 60 yd passes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:24 AM)tlotharw Wrote: I'd keep McCarron around until the last year of his contract, then trade Dalton, a nine year veteran who never won a playoff game, and promote a leader in 
[Image: keep-calm-and-puff-puff-give.png]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 02:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: Keep McCarron and extend his contract. He's got a team here who'll honor the contracts they sign players to unlike some teams that don't.  McC has a family to look after.  I'm sure he'd love to be a starter, but I'd wager he'd much rather have a steady paycheck regardless of whether he's the starter or not.
If the Bengals made even 1/10th of the proposed trades of this board they wouldn't have a team left at the end of the season.

Um, what?  Extend his contract?  For how much exactly?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to get a steady contract regardless.  You make it sound as if simply offering him a steady paycheck is some type of grand gesture.  The guy is going to not only want to get paid, but to play as well.

Look at Brock Osweiler.  Similar to McCarron he only started a few games last year (7).  Same exact age (both are 25).  He had an 86 QB rating (Fwiw, AJ had a 97).  He just signed a 4 year, 72 million dollar deal.  37 million is guaranteed.

So are you calling for us to pay McCarron over 60 million to be our backup?  Or are you insinuating that a guaranteed 4 years 20 million here or somehow more valuable than 4 years 75 million elsewhere?

I'm sorry, but this make absolutely no sense. 

McCarron is as good as gone, unless they decide to move on from Andy.  So take your pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 05:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure if this is sarcam or not but if it isnt then wat are
Yu smoking he had his best year hell he won thr afc passing title in only 12. Games

Tlotharw is nothing but a sad little troll squealing for attention.

Just pull up his posts and take a look.
Reply/Quote
This is decision year on what to do with AJM long term. The luxury problem is that right now we have 2 Andy Daltons. One's the real AD with more experience, the other is his clone with lots of promise. The real question will be, which one do you even trade. If Andy reverts at all this year, then that will be the question next year for sure. If he doesn't regress, then we better flaunt AJM all around the league to get some attractive offers for him before he walks. BC he's gonna!

The consensus is he could play right now for some QB needy teams or come in and compete for the starting job for a few more. He's not being fully utilized by Cincy even though we are the ones putting in the effort to make him better. It would be a tragedy to have him just walk away after next year so some kind of trade needs to be arranged.

Its time to show AJM off. We need to hold a ball for all the most eligible teams in the land.
Reply/Quote
If they were going to trade him, they should've done it in the offseason. I think he's just going to get stale sitting for another year and ultimately lose trade value. He'll probably be remembered as the guy who played pretty decent for the Bengals for 5 games, however, somebody always needs a QB. I think he's a better QB than Osweiler, but I'm not sure other teams will see it that way after this season.

I think Marvin is waiting to see if Andy can carry the team on his shoulders, otherwise he would've traded AJM this offseason while his trade value was quite high and the fact that AD is not injury-prone. Just my thoughts.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 04:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: i propose is getting a second round pick a 4th rounder and getting cardale jones from the bills in a trade for mccarron

Cardale Jones = the next Jamarcus Russell minus the first round draft status.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 03:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McCarron for Forgetful Jones? Come on Mikey, make it happen!

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Maybe we can get Cardale's big ass in here and coach him up to play right tackle.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: Cardale Jones = the next Jamarcus Russell minus the first round draft status.

See i tjink he is definitly not a bust he will be a legit backup in this league probably a starter maybe im too high on him but i just look at what he did with A DEEP THREAT IN THE PASSING GAME
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 03:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Um, seems pretty clear that the only reason for this thread is your want of Cardale Jones.  I mean, you propose a 2nd, a 4th, and Cardale Jones for AJ McCarron.  How is the 2nd rounder not mentioned in the title?  "McCarron for 2nd rd + 4th rd and Jones".  Yet it just says Jones.  Gee, wonder why?

And the icing on the cake is that of all teams to propose a trade with, one who is willing to pony up that amount for AJ McCarron, you pick the Buffalo Bills?  THEY JUST SIGNED TYROD TAYLOR TO A 96 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL LESS THAN A WEEK AGO!  They still have former first round pick EJ Manuel for 3 more seasons too.  Why in the hell would they want McCarron?  To the point of unloading a 2nd, and a 4th, and Jones for him.

I mean, c'mon, man.  Be better than this.  This has nothing to do with us getting the appropriate value, looking at realistic trade partners, and discussing what makes sense or could work.  You're an OSU homer, who wants Jones, and you just threw in some random picks attached to his name, so you could pretend like this is a legitimate talking point.

I'm honestly kinda wondering now if you're the guy that went nuts about us not taking Carlos Hyde.

He didn't get the message....
Reply/Quote