Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me Too Champion showed it was him too
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/5-reasons-eric-schneiderman-hypocrite/

Quote:The claims against Schneiderman by four women, two of whom agreed to speak on the record, were graphic and jarring:

"They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. [Michelle] Manning Barish and [Tanya] Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as 'assault.'"

Schneiderman responded with a statement saying, "In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in non-consensual sex, which is a line I would not cross." But he also acknowledged that the allegations would make it impossible for him to continue in his job.

Wanted to put this in the Weinstien Thread  because of his comments; but for some reason that one got locked. I have always said, be careful of those that speak the loudest.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Cuomo just called for a special prosecutor to investigate this
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-09-2018, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/5-reasons-eric-schneiderman-hypocrite/

Wanted to put this in the Weinstien Thread  because of his comments; but for some reason that one got locked. I have always said, be careful of those that speak the loudest.

Probably the one Democrat who's thrilled that Trump pulled out of the Iran deal.
(05-09-2018, 08:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cuomo just called for a special prosecutor to investigate this

And he stepped down?

Weird.

I thought men were supposed to deny and fight the charges.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-09-2018, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: And he stepped down?

Weird.

I thought men were supposed to deny and fight the charges.   Ninja

The innocent ones most likely do.

(05-09-2018, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The innocent ones most likely do.

and the guilty ones do nothing but bring it up in every single tweet
People suck
I love how quickly this thread became about Trump. I just hope it wasn't intentionally done to distract from what a giant pile of shit Schneiderman is.
(05-09-2018, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The innocent ones most likely do.

So do a lot of the guilty ones.  Then they step down later.
(05-09-2018, 11:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I love how quickly this thread became about Trump.  I just hope it wasn't intentionally done to distract from what a giant pile of shit Schneiderman is.

I wouldn't know how one could distract from this.

But hey, for everyone distracted, that guy is a giant pile of shit. There's really little else to say about him though. Hope he never runs.
(05-09-2018, 11:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I love how quickly this thread became about Trump. I just hope it wasn't intentionally done to distract from what a giant pile of shit Schneiderman is.

This became a political thing all over Twitter so fast. It's not surprising in the era of "what about [insert other pile of shit here]?" games.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
How are there so many of these F'd up people in positions of power?

Is there some kind of connection there?

Maybe instead of electing the ones seeking power we should write in the names of people who dont. John the rocket scientist from NASA i know you didnt want to be a senator. But sorry man. We wrote you in and you won. Mary you have been performing brain surgery on poor kids at childrens hospital. We need you to bring you intellect and character to our government.

I am sick of these turds
(05-09-2018, 12:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How are there so many of these F'd up people in positions of power?

Maybe instead of electing the ones seeking power we should write in the names of people who dont. John the rocket scientist from NASA i know you didnt want to be a senator. But sorry man. We wrote you in and you won. Mary you have been performing brain surgery on poor kids at childrens hospital. We need you to bring you intellect and character to our government.

I am sick of these turds

The best people to wield power are the ones who reluctantly accept it. But forcing them to hold the power can be detrimental. It's not surprising that powerful people act like this because sexual assault is about power. I'm not saying everyone who seeks power is someone that commits sexual assault, but there is a pattern there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-09-2018, 11:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I love how quickly this thread became about Trump.  I just hope it wasn't intentionally done to distract from what a giant pile of shit Schneiderman is.

EVERY thread in this forum gets quickly derailed to being about Trump by the usual suspects in this forum. But yeah, the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy is rampant.

(05-09-2018, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have always said, be careful of those that speak the loudest.

That reminds me of men who wear those shirts about how they'll shoot anyone who looks at their teen daughter, etc.  It makes me wonder what sort of sleazy things they've done to teen girls in their day to project such an aura of mistrust onto the young male demographic.  Ehh, it's all hardy har har funny though, right?

(05-09-2018, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: EVERY thread in this forum gets quickly derailed to being about Trump by the usual suspects in this forum. But yeah, the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy is rampant.

It helps that this thread is about a famous person being accused of sexual misconduct.  It's not like this is about someone calling out a fraudulent BINGO at the VFW, or something unrelated....though I could totally see Trump calling out a fraudulent BINGO and then clearing his card before he could be caught for it!
From what I understand, these women were involved in a consensual relationship with the guy. Which is not the same as an individual using a position of authority to extort sex from another, or using that position to demean another person sexually.

But I guess someone's side gets to add a tally mark, so... go team!
(05-10-2018, 12:00 AM)Benton Wrote: From what I understand, these women were involved in a consensual relationship with the guy. Which is not the same as an individual using a position of authority to extort sex from another, or using that position to demean another person sexually.

But I guess someone's side gets to add a tally mark, so... go team!

This is from the OP

Quote:  "They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. [Michelle] Manning Barish and [Tanya] Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as 'assault.'"

What part of that equals consensual relationship?

I must also say that last remark is one of the more sickening I have seen in this forum and that is saying quite a bit. 

(05-09-2018, 12:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How are there so many of these F'd up people in positions of power?

I am sick of these turds

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/research-suggests-politicians-are-more-likely-to-be-psychopaths-11364143/

That could be your answer.
(05-10-2018, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is from the OP

What part of that equals consensual relationship?

I must also say that last remark is one of the more sickening I have seen in this forum and that is saying quite a bit. 

The part where they dated. Those seeing this as a bigger issue are confusing a relationship and sexual preferences

Personally, I don’t care what two consenting adults do. And if you stay in a relationship ... consensually... with someone who has sexual preferences you disagree with, you’re consenting to those unless the other party agrees to change. I’m not that involved in some guy from New York’s sex life, so I can’t speak to that conversation (or lack thereof) but I can admire how quickly detractors of women’s rights were able to throw mud at ‘me too.’
(05-10-2018, 10:37 AM)Benton Wrote: The part where they dated. Those seeing this as a bigger issue are confusing a relationship and sexual preferences

Personally, I don’t care what two consenting adults do. And if you stay in a relationship ... consensually... with someone who has sexual preferences you disagree with, you’re consenting to those unless the other party agrees to change. I’m not that involved in some guy from New York’s sex life, so I can’t speak to that conversation (or lack thereof) but I can admire how quickly detractors of women’s rights were able to throw mud at ‘me too.’

I have to disagree, here. Being in a relationship with someone does not equate to consent to anything. Even consenting to it at a prior time does not mean you consent to it in the future.

(05-10-2018, 10:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to disagree, here. Being in a relationship with someone does not equate to consent to anything. Even consenting to it at a prior time does not mean you consent to it in the future.

I think Benton said just that when he said a party could decide to change.