Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, in stupid human news...
Christian snake handler dies from rattlesnake bite, after refusing treatment..

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/07/29/snake-handling-christian-bitten-by-rattler-refuses-treatment-promptly-dies/

A 60-year-old member of a Pentecostal snake-handling church was bitten on Sunday during a service. He refused medical treatment and soon died as a result of the venomous bite.
John David Brock was bitten while handling a rattlesnake during services at the Mossy Simpson Pentecostal Church in Jenson, Kentucky. Four hours later, at his brothers’s house, he passed away, which is often the result when you are bitten by a dangerous snake and rely on faith to heal you.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up. How, in 2016, does a man actually rely on faith to heal him from a rattlesnake bite??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
God will not protect anyone in Kentucky as long as they allow gays to get married there.
We've all heard the story about the woman sitting on top of her home as flood waters were creeping up threatening her. A man in a small rowboat rows up and tells the woman, "Come on, let me get you to safety." and the woman says, "No, God will protect me". About 15 minutes later, a man in a fishing boat comes up and says to the woman, "Come on, let me get you to safety" and the woman says, "No, God will save me." After about an hour, as the water is now up to her ankles, Water Rescue comes by and tries to remove her from off the roof top. The woman fights and yells, "Stop, leave me alone. GOD WILL SAVE ME!"

Well, needless to say, the woman died and goes to Heaven. As she enters in to eternity, she yells to God, "LORD, why did I die, why didn't you save me?" and the LORD answers, "I sent you three boats, why didn't you get in them?"

Just like these parents who refuse medical treatment for there children hoping God will heal them even after God gave man the ability to heal, is just stupid.
(04-18-2016, 08:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: God will not protect anyone in Kentucky as long as they continue to drink tainted mine water there.

Now that, I can agree with.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-18-2016, 08:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: God will not protect anyone in Kentucky as long as they allow gays to get married there.
I thought every dollar that says "In God We Trust" counteracts one gay marriage. Maybe kentucky should sell some of their godless gold for savior dollars.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(04-18-2016, 08:46 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I thought every dollar that says "In God We Trust" counteracts one gay marriage. Maybe kentucky should sell some of their godless gold for savior dollars.

If only there were enough gold to back up all of that meaningless paper..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
that must have been one furious fapping session to die from
People suck
(04-18-2016, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Christian snake handler dies from rattlesnake bite, after refusing treatment..

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/07/29/snake-handling-christian-bitten-by-rattler-refuses-treatment-promptly-dies/

A 60-year-old member of a Pentecostal snake-handling church was bitten on Sunday during a service. He refused medical treatment and soon died as a result of the venomous bite.
John David Brock was bitten while handling a rattlesnake during services at the Mossy Simpson Pentecostal Church in Jenson, Kentucky. Four hours later, at his brothers’s house, he passed away, which is often the result when you are bitten by a dangerous snake and rely on faith to heal you.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.  How, in 2016, does a man actually rely on faith to heal him from a rattlesnake bite??

You know, I can sort of understand how some religious people think that they shouldn't go to a doctor for medical treatment. They were taught to rely solely on their faith for EVERY thing. I think it's stupid and I'm pretty sure God does, too, but I can sort of understand. 

What I don't understand is the snake-handling thing. What in the name of Jehoshaphat does that have to do with ANYTHING religious much less worshipping God? Obviously, I know what it's all about, but honestly, it's got to be one of the stupidest things attributed to any denomination of Christianity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-19-2016, 01:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You know, I can sort of understand how some religious people think that they shouldn't go to a doctor for medical treatment. They were taught to rely solely on their faith for EVERY thing. I think it's stupid and I'm pretty sure God does, too, but I can sort of understand. 

What I don't understand is the snake-handling thing. What in the name of Jehoshaphat does that have to do with ANYTHING religious much less worshipping God? Obviously, I know what it's all about, but honestly, it's got to be one of the stupidest things attributed to any denomination of Christianity.

Mark 16:18
I would post the actual verse but I can't copy and paste for some reason. Just put "Mark 16:18" into Google search and it will come up.

It has to do with the verse saying something along the lines of being able to handle snakes, drink poison and the like and they won't be hurt, that God will protect them.
(04-18-2016, 08:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: We've all heard the story about the woman sitting on top of her home as flood waters were creeping up threatening her. A man in a small rowboat rows up and tells the woman, "Come on, let me get you to safety." and the woman says, "No, God will protect me". About 15 minutes later, a man in a fishing boat comes up and says to the woman, "Come on, let me get you to safety" and the woman says, "No, God will save me." After about an hour, as the water is now up to her ankles, Water Rescue comes by and tries to remove her from off the roof top. The woman fights and yells, "Stop, leave me alone. GOD WILL SAVE ME!"

Well, needless to say, the woman died and goes to Heaven. As she enters in to eternity, she yells to God, "LORD, why did I die, why didn't you save me?" and the LORD answers, "I sent you three boats, why didn't you get in them?"

Just like these parents who refuse medical treatment for there children hoping God will heal them even after God gave man the ability to heal, is just stupid.

That's what I always say when I hear about these stories.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-19-2016, 01:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Mark 16:18
I would post the actual verse but I can't copy and paste for some reason. Just put "Mark 16:18" into Google search and it will come up.

It has to do with the verse saying something along the lines of being able to handle snakes, drink poison and the like and they won't be hurt, that God will protect them.

New International Version

they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

New Living Translation
They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed."

English Standard Version
they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Berean Study Bible
they will pick up snakes with their hands, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not harm them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will be made well."

Berean Literal Bible
and with their hands they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it shall never hurt them; they will lay hands upon the sick, and they will be well."

New American Standard Bible 
they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

King James Bible
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
they will pick up snakes; if they should drink anything deadly, it will never harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well." 

International Standard Version
and they will pick up snakes with their hands. Even if they drink any deadly poison it will not hurt them; and the'll place their hands on the sick, and they'll recover."

NET Bible
they will pick up snakes with their hands, and whatever poison they drink will not harm them; they will place their hands on the sick and they will be well."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And they will take up snakes, and if they should drink lethal poison, it will not harm them, and they will place their hands on the sick and they will be healed.”

GOD'S WORD Translation
They will pick up snakes, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them. They will place their hands on the sick and cure them."

New American Standard 1977 
they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it shall not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
they shall take away serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands upon the sick, and they shall be healed.

King James 2000 Bible
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Douay-Rheims Bible
They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover. 

Darby Bible Translation
they shall take up serpents; and if they should drink any deadly thing it shall not injure them; they shall lay hands upon the infirm, and they shall be well.

English Revised Version
they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
They shall take up venomous snakes, and if they drink any deadly poison it shall do them no harm whatever. They shall lay their hands on the sick, and the sick shall recover."

World English Bible
they will take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will in no way hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Young's Literal Translation
serpents they shall take up; and if any deadly thing they may drink, it shall not hurt them; on the ailing they shall lay hands, and they shall be well.

Whatever
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So really the snake handling is a way to separate the true believers from the frauds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-19-2016, 01:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Mark 16:18

Jesus in telling the apostles to go out. I think he was referring specifically to people that would encounter. Some dumb people interpret that to mean all Christians should speak in tongues, handle snakes, etc.
(04-19-2016, 07:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Jesus in telling the apostles to go out. I think he was referring specifically to people that would encounter. Some dumb people interpret that to mean all Christians should speak in tongues, handle snakes, etc.

Earlier writing don't even include the verse. This is why I've always said one's faith has to be a personal relationship.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-19-2016, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Earlier writing don't even include the verse. This is why I've always said one's faith has to be a personal relationship.  

You mean each person has to interpret it their own way?  Or the "correct" way?

(I know I answered with a question.  Thanks.)
(04-19-2016, 08:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mean each person has to interpret it their own way?  Or the "correct" way?

(I know I answered with a question.  Thanks.)

In their own way, is how I would interpret.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-19-2016, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In their own way, is how I would interpret.

Then this person's "personal relationship" told him he could live through a snake bite.

Pretty much sums up religion.
(04-19-2016, 08:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then this person's "personal relationship" told him he could live through a snake bite.

Pretty much sums up religion.

It appears so, but only that man and God knows what was truly in his heart. As to your earlier question: It is a personal relationship. I have always held that God will not punish anyone to Hell simply for "believing wrong" or even not believing. The ones that may have to answer will be those that were sacrilegious.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]