Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Bias
Here's something the Bengals can work on, Bodine's snaps - lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Only addressing this once is like getting in a discussion and not allowing the other side to speak. Childish.

Only a fool would think the Bengals have nothing to work on week in and week out, regardless of record.

I guess I will have two sleepless nights between you and Steady Fteddy!  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's something the Bengals can work on, Bodine's snaps - lol.

And make sure Dalton doesn't take his eyes off the good ones.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Only a fool would think the Bengals have nothing to work on week in and week out, regardless of record.

You missed the point.

There is a big difference between pointing out things that need to be improved and guys like Utts crying about how the entire team played like trash Sunday.  

Our defense played great yet there were threads calling for Guenthar's head because they stunk so bad.

And, finally I challenge you to read through a gameday thread to see what some Bengals fans really think about this team.
Reply/Quote
Point proven, something to work on - haha. The gameday thread is full of emotion and irrational thinking, just like being at the game - except we're shouting through a keyboard. I was thinking of calling for Hue's head, and I still think that made sense at the time - he called a piss poor game.

Sure there are some that are always down on the team.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You missed the point.

There is a big difference between pointing out things that need to be improved and guys like Utts crying about how the entire team played like trash Sunday.  

Our defense played great yet there were threads calling for Guenthar's head because they stunk so bad.

And, finally I challenge you to read through a gameday thread to see what some Bengals fans really think about this team.

You're wise man Mr T !   Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:44 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Media doesn't believe in Bengals fans. You watch the game and look in the Game Day threads, most fans don't believe in the team until the final score. I saw it during Baltimore, Seattle and Pittsburgh. Fans complain and don't really believe in this team. I see it day to day. Nothing is surprising here.

First, if you watch a game "live" with any fan of any team you will hear people ***** and complain it is not exclusive to the Bengals (gameday thread). 

Second, what part of the historical perspective of the Cincinnati Bengals franchise should give rise to fans "truly believing" in the team? Is it the 0 Super Bowl wins? The 0-6 in their last six playoff games? The entire 1990's?

What do they say past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior?

I know it sucks, and FANS should truly believe in their team that is playing very well, but the FANS didn't create the past and the FANS didn't create the stereotypes about the Bengals on field play. All the Cincinnati Bengals FANS do is cheer on a team that most would not, many would of left to support another team, many have left to support another team! CINCINNATI BENGALS FANS ARE AMONGST THE MOST "CREDIBLE" IN THE NFL!!!!

To bash your fellow Cincinnati Bengals FANS and question their "belief" (due to game day reactions), is an idictment of your credibility! To question the "belief" of FANS without the analysis of historical context, is an indictment of your intellect!!
Ninja Ninja Ninja  Confused Rock On Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:57 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote:  To question the "belief" of FANS without the analysis of historical context, is an indictment of your intellect!!

Actually the people who base their opinions on what happened years ago are the ones who have problems with their intellect.

We have a better team than the Steelers this year.  The people who think the Steelers are better because they won Super Bowls years ago are the ones who are not thinking clearly.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:57 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: First, if you watch a game "live" with any fan of any team you will hear people ***** and complain it is not exclusive to the Bengals (gameday thread). 

Second, what part of the historical perspective of the Cincinnati Bengals franchise should give rise to fans "truly believing" in the team? Is it the 0 Super Bowl wins? The 0-6 in their last six playoff games? The entire 1990's?

What do they say past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior?

I know it sucks, and FANS should truly believe in their team that is playing very well, but the FANS didn't create the past and the FANS didn't create the stereotypes about the Bengals on field play. All the Cincinnati Bengals FANS do is cheer on a team that most would not, many would of left to support another team, many have left to support another team! CINCINNATI BENGALS FANS ARE AMONGST THE MOST "CREDIBLE" IN THE NFL!!!!

To bash your fellow Cincinnati Bengals FANS and question their "belief" (due to game day reactions), is an idictment of your credibility! To question the "belief" of FANS without the analysis of historical context, is an indictment of your intellect!!
Ninja Ninja Ninja  Confused Rock On Wink

That's all based upon where football is on one's order of priorities.

For me, there are several things way more important before football.  Im certainly not going to let a 'game' affect my day or days, one way or the other.

I
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure blaming the bye and preparation on ML is warranted.

The defense held Ben R. and their high powered (many said best in the league) offense to 10 points. The defense was prepared.

The offense had a bad day, but many offense will have bad days at Hines this year as their defense had a lot to do with us looking bad at times.

Division games are always tough and even tougher in hostile environments against a team used to winning with their backs against the wall.

I thought we matched their intensity so ML had them ready for the environment again.

And the way they drove down the field on their first possession, you can't say they were rusty or any of that kind of crap. The defense buckled down after the first drive and clamped down on them.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Defense certainly won the game. But I can't believe folks are holding fans emotions during the gameday thread against them. Really? It's our spot to go through the ups and downs of a game together. No need to attack folks for typing their emotions in real time. I'd be more concerned about the "fans" that didn't have any feelings about the way the game was unfolding... I for one appreciate the gameday thread. Some very passionate fans in there. Not just those who show up the next day after the game is over and won and bash those who had the audacity to worry about losing during the game....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the people who base their opinions on what happened years ago are the ones who have problems with their intellect.

We have a better team than the Steelers this year.  The people who think the Steelers are better because they won Super Bowls years ago are the ones who are not thinking clearly.

What??? Who ever said the Stoolers were a better team because they previously won Super Bowls??? So, teams never lose games to another team that they are "better than?" Irrelevant!

This coversation is about two things:

(1) Questioning fans "belief" in the team because of game day thread comments.- this happens with all teams(including those with winning records and championship pedigree) feel free to peruse game day thread comments around the league and see for yourself! It is not exclusive to the Bengals!

(2) Questioning fans "belief" in the season as a whole in the quest to try and win a Lombardi trophy.- we know you could care less about this because you have stated many times (on this board and the old) that you would rather have a winning regular season followed by playoff losses than a losing regular season!!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Defense certainly won the game. But I can't believe folks are holding fans emotions during the gameday thread against them. Really? It's our spot to go through the ups and downs of a game together. No need to attack folks for typing their emotions in real time.

Don't they close this room down at game time?

The 'emotions' in here are post game, after they are 7-0. Not real time.
Reply/Quote
They are talking about the actual gameday thread in the gameday forum, and what fans (or "fans" as they make them out to be for some of the things that are said) were saying during the game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:30 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote:  you have stated many times (on this board and the old) that you would rather have a winning regular season followed by playoff losses than a losing regular season!!

Uh, what fan would not?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Defense certainly won the game.thread against them. Really? 

It is not just the gameday thread.  

Compared to the national media that everyone is crying about being biased, what percentage of Bengal fans here still say they can not believe that the Bengals can win a postseason game until they actually see it happen?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Steelers scored twice.

Bengals scored 4 times, with a blocked FG that would have made it 5 times.

Exactly.

#1 People don't give the Steelers credit for playing a tough game. They gave us our toughest game of the year. 

#2 They don't give us enough credit for finding a way to beat their asses anyway. 

Both defenses played really well. They came out pumped and got off to a big start. From then on, however, we basically shut them down, while our offense continued to grind it out. We shot ourselves in the foot more than they shot us down, but give them credit for being a good football team, and us for being a better one.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, what fan would not?

Me, for one!! I can't speak for others, but there is no difference in going 12-4 and 4-12 if you are just watching from home when other teams are playing for trophies!!

I guess the only caveat being a 12-4 team is good and will eventually breakthrough, unless they never do, then back to the case-at-point there is no difference if you truly care about winning it all (which I do believe is one of Marvin's team goals).

In a game where success is determined by championships I would think that is what you are playing for, if not, why play at all??
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:55 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Me, for one!! I can't speak for others, but there is no difference in going 12-4 and 4-12 if you are just watching from home when other teams are playing for trophies!!

I guess the only caveat being a 12-4 team is good and will eventually breakthrough, unless they never do, then back to the case-at-point there is no difference if you truly care about winning it all (which I do believe is one of Marvin's team goals).

In a game where success is determined by championships I would think that is what you are playing for, if not, why play at all??

I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

You don't think there is any difference between having a 12-4 season and losing in the playoffs and going 4-12?

Is that really what you are trying to say?  Is this because you never pay attention to any of the games until playoff time?  Do you never watch any Bengal games after they are eliminated from making the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:55 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Me, for one!! I can't speak for others, but there is no difference in going 12-4 and 4-12 if you are just watching from home when other teams are playing for trophies!!

Big difference is that 12-4 team should have a shot to win it all as they should be in the playoffs baring any super wierd seeding issues while that 4-12 team was out of the running in october most like.
Reply/Quote