Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media manipulation of children
https://www.dailywire.com/news/28385/watch-parkland-student-says-she-had-no-choice-ryan-saavedra

This is from last week but it goes back to what I mentioned shortly after the parkland shootings. Her quotes make it blatantly that she had no choice but to go with it..... all the attention and atta boys from strangers on social media is pushing her into this circumstance. This girl obviously has some issues on her own even before the shooting. Now adding into the cocktail the fact she watched her classmates die. This is reckless behavior by the media and these leftist groups who aren’t even all on the same page with the gun debate. Now the Hogg kid is going after voter identification lol

This girl had concerns about her school. Not national concerns on the leftist agenda.

Quote:WATCH: Parkland Student Says She Had No Choice On Entering Gun Debate Because Of CNN
Ryan SaavedraMarch 19, 2018

Screenshot: CBS News Video
On Sunday, CBS News' "60 Minutes" interviewed several students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who have turned into left-wing activists following the shooting at their school.

During one segment, Sharyn Alfonsi asked Emma Gonzalez if she ever thought about not getting into the anti-gun debate because of how nasty it is.

"Did you ever think 'I don't want to get into this, this is a nasty fight that I don't want to be in the middle of?'" Alfonsi asked.

González responded: "I have no choice because there were CNN cameras there and my speech was broadcast all over the country in like 4 seconds and I had no idea they were going to be there."

WATCH:

Yet on "60 Minutes," Gonzales was not reticent about speaking, stating that President Trump's proposal to reward teachers who carry arms with bonuses was “stupid,” adding, “First of all, Douglas ran out of paper for, like, two weeks in the school year, and now all a sudden they have $400 million to pay for teachers to get trained to arm themselves? Really? Really?” She continued, “If you’re a teacher and you have a gun, do you keep it in a lockbox or do you carry it on your person? If the teacher dies and a student who’s a good student is able to get the gun are they now held responsible to shoot the student who’s come into the door? I’m not happy with that.”

Gonzales' claim that $400 million is going to pay for arming school teachers is wildly inaccurate and should have been corrected by Alfonsi. The truth is, only $67 million of the $400 million is going to train school staff who want to be armed; the rest of the money is going toward improving mental health and school security.

WATCH:
(03-26-2018, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/28385/watch-parkland-student-says-she-had-no-choice-ryan-saavedra

This is from last week but it goes back to what I mentioned shortly after the parkland shootings.   Her quotes make it blatantly that she had no choice but to go with it.....  all the attention and atta boys from strangers on social media is pushing her into this circumstance.   This girl obviously has some issues on her own even before the shooting.    Now adding into the cocktail the fact she watched her classmates die.    This is reckless behavior by the media and these leftist groups who aren’t even all on the same page with the gun debate.    Now the Hogg kid is going after voter identification lol

This girl had concerns about her school.  Not national concerns on the leftist agenda.  

Based on the quotes in the story I read it as she was forced into the national spotlight because of the airing of her speech.  Forced not as in coerced...but rather she garnered attention and people wanted her to speak more so she did.

I could easily point out the people who love their guns more than seemingly anything who have threatened the same students trying to silence them and how I would rather the students be asked to speak.

Just because you disagree with the message doesn't mean they messenger was forced to say it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-26-2018, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Based on the quotes in the story I read it as she was forced into the national spotlight because of the airing of her speech.  Forced not as in coerced...but rather she garnered attention and people wanted her to speak more so she did.

I could easily point out the people who love their guns more than seemingly anything who have threatened the same students trying to silence them and how I would rather the students be asked to speak.

Just because you disagree with the message doesn't mean they messenger was forced to say it.

You mean to tell me that there is the possibility that Ben Shapiro's blog could be manipulating its readership with a heavily slanted point-of-view that distorts facts?

How dare you, sir!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-26-2018, 04:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You mean to tell me that there is the possibility that Ben Shapiro's blog could be manipulating its readership with a heavily slanted point-of-view that distorts facts?

How dare you, sir!

Smirk
CNN did not force her to make the speech. They did not tell her what to say. That was all her doing.

All CNN did was broadcast it. And since the entire point of the event was to publicize her message I am sure she was thrilled that CNN was there. This was not some speech in the school gym. This was a public even specifically designed to bring attention to the problem.
(03-26-2018, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CNN did not force her to make the speech. They did not tell her what to say. That was all her doing.

All CNN did was broadcast it. And since the entire point of the event was to publicize her message I am sure she was thrilled that CNN was there. This was not some speech in the school gym. This was a public even specifically designed to bring attention to the problem.

Then encourage her to come on the air multiple times, showering her with praise and not challenging her views in the slightest.

This is just showering someone who is begging for attention with attention. She is a child who just went through a traumatic experience.
(03-26-2018, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Based on the quotes in the story I read it as she was forced into the national spotlight because of the airing of her speech.  Forced not as in coerced...but rather she garnered attention and people wanted her to speak more so she did.

Based on her response and the body language during that response she was uncomfortable and obviously felt like she had no choice.

And airing the speech is fine...... it’s the repetitive interview schedule that’s most concerning for a teenager with obvious issues.
(03-26-2018, 05:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then encourage her to come on the air multiple times, showering her with praise and not challenging her views in the slightest.

This is just showering someone who is begging for attention with attention. She is a child who just went through a traumatic experience.

Serious question, how do you know she is a child? She could be 18, the arbitrary age at which we consider children to be adults.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-26-2018, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Based on her response and the body language during that response she was uncomfortable and obviously felt like she had no choice.  

And airing the speech is fine......  it’s the repetitive interview schedule that’s most concerning for a teenager with obvious issues.

I apologize. I did not know you were an expert on body language.  Mellow

I too have noted that everyone on camera who wants to be there is completely comfortable.  Especially teenagers.  Ninja
(03-26-2018, 05:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Serious question, how do you know she is a child? She could be 18, the arbitrary age at which we consider children to be adults.

Been reported by several outlets as 17. It still doesn’t change the fact she was traumatized plus her obvious other issues.

To me 17/18 makes no difference. She is still immature and unable to work out traumatic events.

If they want to live up their 15 minutes of fame then so be it, but we should all be concerned at the long term ramifications of not dealing with this trauma. It’s only a matter of time until the leftists find someone else to prop up.
(03-26-2018, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CNN did not force her to make the speech.  They did not tell her what to say.  That was all her doing.

All CNN did was broadcast it.  And since the entire point of the event was to publicize her message I am sure she was thrilled that CNN was there.  This was not some speech in the school gym.  This was a public even specifically designed to bring attention to the problem.

Wait a minute Fred. Your trying to tell me that when CNN reports factual news that usually makes the right wing nuts look stupid,
(see my sig) , that its not biased?
(03-26-2018, 05:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: I apologize. I did not know you were an expert on body language.  Mellow

I too have noted that everyone on camera who wants to be there is completely comfortable.  Especially teenagers.  Ninja

Cause she looks like she has everything together as it is lol

That Dewey Oxburger haircut on a teenage girl screams issues.
(03-26-2018, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/28385/watch-parkland-student-says-she-had-no-choice-ryan-saavedra

This is from last week but it goes back to what I mentioned shortly after the parkland shootings.   Her quotes make it blatantly that she had no choice but to go with it.....  all the attention and atta boys from strangers on social media is pushing her into this circumstance.   This girl obviously has some issues on her own even before the shooting.    Now adding into the cocktail the fact she watched her classmates die.    This is reckless behavior by the media and these leftist groups who aren’t even all on the same page with the gun debate.    Now the Hogg kid is going after voter identification lol

This girl had concerns about her school.  Not national concerns on the leftist agenda.  

so you really think 800k teens are doing something they dont believe in?

have you met teenagers, like, ever?
People suck
I read the txt at work and took it to mean she was not upset about this, but after watching the video the folks that manipulated her into stepping into the limelight should be ashamed; as should anyone that applauds it. It is obvious to me that she didn't want it to play out this way.

WTS, I applaud the young lady's strength, but my stance on adults using children for their agenda is known.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-26-2018, 06:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cause she looks like she has everything together as it is lol

Sometimes you make valid points......Then you piss them away. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-26-2018, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read the txt at work and took it to mean she was not upset about this, but after watching the video the folks that manipulated her into stepping into the limelight should be ashamed; as should anyone that applauds it. It is obvious to me that she didn't want it to play out this way.

WTS, I applaud the young lady's strength, but my stance on adults using children for their agenda is known.

My position, as well. None of us can really know for sure how she feels about all the attention, but if anyone doesn't want it then people should bugger off.

(03-26-2018, 07:07 PM)Griever Wrote: so you really think 800k teens are doing something they dont believe in?

have you met teenagers, like, ever?

Please, millennials don't care about anything but staring at their phones all day.  They stand for nothing and believe in nothing.  They're all just sitting there snapbook facechatting each other.  Also, they are entitled and want everything handed to them.  There is no way they're actually doing anything and/or caring about something unless the left wing is manipulating them to push their liberal agenda.

Now let's all swoon at all the 18 year olds who are joining the army.

Ninja

(03-26-2018, 06:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cause she looks like she has everything together as it is lol

[Image: cropped-988626_10151516819417688_1781421230_n.jpg]
Fat middle aged men talking about teenage girls haircuts screams issues.
(03-26-2018, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sometimes you make valid points......Then you piss them away. 

That is fine and my tone may not always work but the fact is that young girls who have it all together and aren’t carrying more than the normal teenage bagge rarely choose that hairstyle.

It’s not right what they are doing to her, she comes off like she is carrying more stuff than the typical teen. That’s the problem
(03-26-2018, 07:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My position, as well. None of us can really know for sure how she feels about all the attention, but if anyone doesn't want it then people should bugger off.

Watch the video. She looks noticeably uncomfortable with the attention. She obviously isn’t the social butterfly of the school.