Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media manipulation of children
(03-27-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They showed the email.  Do they need to hold your hand and tell you he wasn’t being truthful?   The rest of us were more than capable connecting those dots.  

You are taking the piss over nothing.

lol
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-27-2018, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol

You must be the type of guy who complains after someone leads you across the desert, finds the water, gives you a clean glass with ice cubes and a lemon twist only Because they didn’t put the water into the glass for you.

If you are going to piss and moan about DW then at least be able to back it up. Adding conservative commentary to the news doesn’t make it wrong, it just sheds a different angle on the news than you want.
(03-27-2018, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wouldn't call Reason or the American Conservative to be center-right. I can find more common ground with writers from the center-right, but this is again more about journalistic integrity than politics. You won't see me looking at articles on Alternet, Huffpo, or New Republic, either, because they lack a level of journalistic integrity that I want with what I read.

Back during the run up to the Iraq War, what sort of articles could one normally find on Alternet or in New Republic--as opposed to Fox and the NYT?
(03-27-2018, 08:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You must be the type of guy who complains after someone leads you across the desert, finds the water, gives you a clean glass with ice cubes and a lemon twist only Because they didn’t put the water into the glass for you.

If you are going to piss and moan about DW then at least be able to back it up. Adding conservative commentary to the news doesn’t make it wrong, it just sheds a different angle on the news than you want.

We both know that DW didn't admit the dad lied.

Who exactly are you trying to convince with this act?

(03-28-2018, 12:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We both know that DW didn't admit the dad lied.

Who exactly are you trying to convince with this act?

They did not write that exact line. They did post all the facts and made it blatantly obvious. This is a lot more than cnn does most of the time.
Endless platitudes. Someone missed a woodshed moment a long time ago with a dummy and we’re all paying the price.
(03-28-2018, 12:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They did not write that exact line.  They did post all the facts and made it blatantly obvious.   This is a lot more than cnn does most of the time.

If they didn't report on the dad admitting he lied  then they did not "post all the facts". They ended their reporting by stating that CNN "claims" and "alleges" to have the real emails, still maintaining support for the family over CNN. That's not "blatantly obvious" that the dad lied. 

I get that you need to find sites that reaffirms your fringe beliefs, but let's not shit ourselves. 

DW is garbage. This thread is garbage. Insulting children for their looks is garbage. 

(03-27-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They showed the email.  Do they need to hold your hand and tell you he wasn’t being truthful?   The rest of us were more than capable connecting those dots.  

You are taking the piss over nothing.

they kind of needed to come out and say that the father lied, because otherwise, people like you would rarely admit the factual truth
People suck
(03-28-2018, 07:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If they didn't report on the dad admitting he lied  then they did not "post all the facts". They ended their reporting by stating that CNN "claims" and "alleges" to have the real emails, still maintaining support for the family over CNN. That's not "blatantly obvious" that the dad lied. 

I get that you need to find sites that reaffirms your fringe beliefs, but let's not shit ourselves. 

DW is garbage. This thread is garbage. Insulting children for their looks is garbage. 

Who is insulting children? Other than CNN. Not one person here has insulted a child for their looks in this thread.
(03-28-2018, 11:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who is insulting children?  Other than CNN.   Not one person here has insulted a child for their looks in this thread.

hows the view from the rock you live under?
People suck
(03-28-2018, 11:11 AM)Griever Wrote: hows the view from the rock you live under?

[Image: denialcalvin-hobbes690x400.jpg]

I'm not sure who he puts on these acts for

(03-28-2018, 11:11 AM)Griever Wrote: hows the view from the rock you live under?

I have been pretty compassionate and sensitive to what this girl is going through.

They shouldn’t be using these children, that includes the pro second amenbment Children as well.
(03-28-2018, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have been pretty compassionate and sensitive to what this girl is going through.  

They shouldn’t be using these children, that includes the pro second amenbment Children as well.

you do know there are plenty of people outside this board right

these kids are being attacked by politicians, would be politicians, former politicians, the NRA etc. 

so again, how is the view from the rock you live under to wallow in your own ignorance 
People suck
(03-28-2018, 12:12 PM)Griever Wrote:  you do know there are plenty of people outside this board right

these kids are being attacked by politicians, would be politicians, former politicians, the NRA etc. 

so again, how is the view from the rock you live under to wallow in your own ignorance 

People say ridiculous things on social media. We live among a lot of a-holes. None of which is pertinent to the actual topic here of the media exploiting them. Oh and btw those ridiculous social media comments are due to the exploitation of these children. When you are in the limelight you get the arrows. Putting a child in the limelight who has some trauma not only adding to their own personal baggage before the shooting.
(03-28-2018, 11:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who is insulting children?  Other than CNN.   Not one person here has insulted a child for their looks in this thread.

You said she was a liar with no self esteem.

(03-27-2018, 10:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   And teenage girls with good self esteem do not purposely go with a buzz cut.  No parent is going to care about their shampoo costs.   She most likely cut her hair before her parents came home.  Now they have this lame story so she can save some face.

So you have no problem with people calling your daughters liars?  You would not take that as an insult?

You are one of those guys who thinks it is cool to insult other peoples children, but as soon as anyone mentions yours you start squealing like a baby.  
(03-29-2018, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You said she was a liar with no self esteem.

So you have no problem with people calling your daughters liars?  You would not take that as an insult?

You are one of those guys who thinks it is cool to insult other peoples children, but as soon as anyone mentions yours you start squealing like a baby.  

When did I call her a liar? I did say that teenage girls who go with the buzz cut is an obvious cry for help for the depressed.

Having compassion for children who show signs of depression plus have been brought traumatic events is hardly an insult.