Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media's contempt of Bengals sparks the ire of present and former Bengals.
We're not even to the combine yet and already we have had a million and one articles on how Joe Burrow should distance himself with anything to do with the Bengals, even if he has to disavow himself from the LSU Tigers to make that point.

But it has recently sparked the ire of both former and present Bengals.

Even Bengals who played in the toughest era for fans, players and coaches alike the 90's have come to their defense.

Willie Anderson recently tweeted "Joe Burrow has not said he doesn’t want to play for @Bengals . As fans y’all should be going in on media every time they report this garbage! We have to show @Bengals in good light to national media! #whodey"

Tyler Boyd recently tweeted "The way the media talk so down on us (Cincinnati Bengals) is really absurd. The disrespect is crazy but it's life all it consist of is proven people wrong."

Joe Mixon retweeted and responded "Straight ?’s bro! Come September We bouta Turnup all year on they as*. All Season long!"

Auden Tate also retweeted and responded "100% 100%!"

Shawn Williams responded as well "@jlbiii3 (Jessie Bates) talk to @boutdat_23 (Tyler Boyd) he don’t believe right now give him some inspiration on this good Tuesday."

Cris Collinsworth owner of PFF and former Bengal, well PFF has recently talk about how crazy this recent Joe Burrow talk is.

Joe Mixon has also tweeted about how these headlines have been crazy here weeks ago "LMAO why is it so much controversy over a pick? Idk if y’all know but nobody word outside the team has anything to do with them getting drafted. That’s not how it works!" and "Y’all gotta stop believing everything y’all see!"

It's nice to see this is fueling the team in a positive way and if I'm Zac Taylor I hold team meetings this week and I keep headlines posted throughout the locker room about how the media doesn't think Joe Burrow could win with AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, John Ross, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard, Jonah Williams, Trey Hopkins and our defense.

I know some of these are depending on who we bring back.

The point I'm making is I can think of a couple of teams that would be worse for Burrow skill position wise then the Cincinnati Bengals!

I'd fire them up, tell them the media thinks they might as well crawl in a hole and die. Just be reserved to the fact that they can never be winners.

Here's to hoping it motivates them and causes them to turn it up all year long as Joe Mixon said.

Though I still believe a respectable 6-7 wins would be a huge improvement. Ultimately, winning is the only thing that is going to change the narrative though.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Media wants so much for organizations who were once champions to get back to their winning ways.
That's why we never heard this narrative for the Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, or Lions despite them being overall worse franchise record-wise for the last quarter-century.

As Zac Taylor just said, "You've got to win more football games to get people to shut up."
I'd like Zac and company (mainly Mike Brown) to put their money where their mouth is.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s really unfair to portray the Bengals as a poorly run franchise. Lol
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:39 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: We're not even to the combine yet and already we have had a million and one articles on how Joe Burrow should distance himself with anything to do with the Bengals, even if he has to disavow himself from the LSU Tigers to make that point.

But it has recently sparked the ire of both former and present Bengals.

Even Bengals who played in the toughest era for fans, players and coaches alike the 90's have come to their defense.

Willie Anderson recently tweeted "Joe Burrow has not said he doesn’t want to play for @Bengals . As fans y’all should be going in on media every time they report this garbage! We have to show @Bengals in good light to national media! #whodey"

Tyler Boyd recently tweeted "The way the media talk so down on us (Cincinnati Bengals) is really absurd. The disrespect is crazy but it's life all it consist of is proven people wrong."

Joe Mixon retweeted and responded "Straight ?’s bro! Come September We bouta Turnup all year on they as*. All Season long!"

Auden Tate also retweeted and responded "100% 100%!"

Shawn Williams responded as well "@jlbiii3 (Jessie Bates) talk to @boutdat_23 (Tyler Boyd) he don’t believe right now give him some inspiration on this good Tuesday."

Cris Collinsworth owner of PFF and former Bengal, well PFF has recently talk about how crazy this recent Joe Burrow talk is.

Joe Mixon has also tweeted about how these headlines have been crazy here weeks ago "LMAO why is it so much controversy over a pick? Idk if y’all know but nobody word outside the team has anything to do with them getting drafted. That’s not how it works!" and "Y’all gotta stop believing everything y’all see!"

It's nice to see this is fueling the team in a positive way and if I'm Zac Taylor I hold team meetings this week and I keep headlines posted throughout the locker room about how the media doesn't think Joe Burrow could win with AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, John Ross, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard, Jonah Williams, Trey Hopkins and our defense.

I know some of these are depending on who we bring back.

The point I'm making is I can think of a couple of teams that would be worse for Burrow skill position wise then the Cincinnati Bengals!

I'd fire them up, tell them the media thinks they might as well crawl in a hole and die. Just be reserved to the fact that they can never be winners.

Here's to hoping it motivates them and causes them to turn it up all year long as Joe Mixon said.

Though I still believe a respectable 6-7 wins would be a huge improvement. Ultimately, winning is the only thing that is going to change the narrative though.

Great to hear! This could end up really motivating this team big time. Like you said Burrow could be going to a lot worse
teams as far as further away from being a contender. All we need to do is fix the O-line with a FA and a Draft pick or two
and get a couple sideline to sideline LB's to get the Defense back on track. We aren't THAT far off. 

The coaching is what REALLY needs to improve and with Zac and company being so young it isn't far fetched for them to
improve tons in their second year coaching this team with a guy like Burrow and more in the fold.
Reply/Quote
I have to chuckle at the whole narrative that people want to orchestrate how the draft should play out. As Kiper said yesterday...get over yourselves.
This is a draft where the Bengals get to pick 1st. This isn't a homework assignment of wishful thinking of what other people want for Burrow in their perfect world.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:08 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s really unfair to portray the Bengals as a poorly run franchise. Lol

They are poorly ran, but that doesn't mean we don't have some damn good players.

The coaching improves along with adding some more damn good players and we could be right back in the Playoffs.

This is more than people can say for teams like the Lions, Raiders, Dolphins and the Stains.

Even though everybody last season was talking up the Stains into being the next great team LMAO!!!

That was laughable.
Reply/Quote
Hey I was going to start another thread but this will do here.

If fans are wondering why there is disproportionate push-back against Bengals picking Burrow there are several factors.

One, Pick-six Palmer is a failed girly player and blames bengals.
Two, Drama for talk shows to get viewers.
Three, click bait links.

Four and probable the most impactful yet unsubstantiated... It is people and influencers involved with the Miami Dolphins that are trying to get the Bengals to trade the pick. It is because Tua's injury history is causing some concern in the organization and Herbert is viewed by most as 2nd tier.

If the Tua concerns are valid, then the phins really have to take a chance on a healthy Herbert who has accuracy issues or a player made of glass. Keep in mind, another swing and miss QB the phins have "ruined" is Josh Rosen. Phins cannot swing and miss on Tua.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If this whole fiasco doesn't motivate the front office to get off their ass and do something, nothing will. I have no doubts the players are pissed off, and will be on a mission, but the front office is where my concerns lie.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Pete has seemingly supported the Bengals
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't use a blanket term such as, "poorly run," to describe the Bengals.

Antiquated is definitely the term I'd use, because the team is absolutely NOT, "poorly-run;" they make money, year in, year out and for a business, that doesn't make you poorly-run.

Look at the 5 big banks here in Canada; 3 are well-run and modern (BMO, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank), 1 is poorly-run (CIBC) and 1 is antiquated (RBC; they STILL use envelopes to deposit at ATMs, when even the Credit Union I work for, hasn't for 2 years).

RBC makes the most money and is the largest institution of the 5, despite being not as modern as the other 3. CIBC was the FIRST institution of the 5, to allow you to take pictures of cheques and deposit them remotely, in addition to a whole slew of Online Banking innovations, etc.

But, they have the least satisfaction of the big 5 and deposits are not where they need to be, not to mention their customer service is notoriously awful.

The Browns, for example, are CIBC to a T: they were one of the first to go all in on the analytics train, they swap GM and HC positions like socks and they continually spend money to try and change things up... but they are clearly poorly-run and a terrible franchise, from top to bottom (save for on-field talent, which is obviously decent).

I'm not going to go as far as say the Bengals are RBC (they hardly have the amount of success as Canada's biggest bank), but they run similar, antiquated (to an extent) business models; neither has turmoil, issues with the law, scandals, firing people left right and centre after a year or two, etc.

It's merely a matter of getting with the times and modernizing, nothing else; as has been mentioned a ton over the past month+, the Bengals were praised constantly for the past decade, about their model of drafting well, keeping their own, being loyal, etc.

As has also been harped upon though, if you run that model and miss on drafts and keep the wrong guys, well, you need to modernize and fix things in other areas and not be stubborn about it.

That's hardly, "poorly-run."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Chad Ochocinco Johnson loves Bengals

https://www.12up.com/posts/chad-johnson-bengals-meeting-joe-burrow-before-draft-to-talk-up-cincinnati-01e1dn6dz09a
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
By the Way, Burrow "liked" this tweet by CJ.

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I think what these media idiots are trying to point out is that the organization is very poorly run, however they keep saying that "Cincy ruins QBs" and "they won't ever be a winner"

I won't argue with them being poorly run, nobody on here will. I will argue that they can't be a winner despite how poorly run they are. They've proven that in the past. They also aren't anywhere near a QB graveyard.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think what these media idiots are trying to point out is that the organization is very poorly run, however they keep saying that "Cincy ruins QBs" and "they won't ever be a winner"

I won't argue with them being poorly run, nobody on here will. I will argue that they can't be a winner despite how poorly run they are. They've proven that in the past. They also aren't anywhere near a QB graveyard.

I don't mean to keep harping on the same thing, but again, "poorly-run," isn't even accurate either.

Antiquated and stubborn, not poorly-run. They have systems, business models and all that in place. All of it is sound, but the product is not up to standards.

That's due to bad decisions, but not because the organization isn't competent or competently built.

McDonalds has had a POS product for a very long time, but their business model makes it run like a well-oiled machine and they make a lot of money.

That's putting out a crappy product, but it doesn't mean that the company run like idiots.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't mean to keep harping on the same thing, but again, "poorly-run," isn't even accurate either.

Antiquated and stubborn, not poorly-run. They have systems, business models and all that in place. All of it is sound, but the product is not up to standards.

That's due to bad decisions, but not because the organization isn't competent or competently built.

McDonalds has had a POS product for a very long time, but their business model makes it run like a well-oiled machine and they make a lot of money.

That's putting out a crappy product, but it doesn't mean that the company run like idiots.

It is poorly run.  I don't care how you cut it.  And, yes, they do run the company like idiots. 

1.  The front office and scouting structure is the worst in the NFL.
2.  They rarely sign a tier 1 or even tier 2 free agent.
3.  They ignore upgrading their practice facilities.

I can actually stop right there.  

Anyone that argues that the organization is competent is confusing on the field success (which has actually been a few years) and financial success (which at this point, even a billy goat could make money running an NFL team)

I can't see how any part of this team is actually run well.  The rules in place set by the NFL (salary cap and revenue sharing) make sure that even the worst run organization in the NFL is a financial success.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: By the Way, Burrow "liked" this tweet by CJ.  

If that's the case, that's a good sign.
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of it boils down to plain jealousy. A lot of fans of other QB needy teams are jealous they don't have this particular pick. Members of the media are also football fans as well with each with their biases. When was the last time you knew a jealous asswipe who didn't say a lot of outrageous stuff?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't mean to keep harping on the same thing, but again, "poorly-run," isn't even accurate either.

You make a good point with the antiquated, but it's kind of hard to say a franchise that takes a vacation during the season and the trade deadline, benches the starting QB mere hours before the trade deadline with no time to make a trade, and refuses to trade aging veterans for draft picks (especially when you consider the almost complete lack of using free agency) as anything BUT poorly run.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Antiquated is definitely the term I'd use, because the team is absolutely NOT, "poorly-run;" they make money, year in, year out and for a business, that doesn't make you poorly-run.

It's literally impossible not to make a profit in this league. 

You could have an ownership group and front office consisting of: Honey Boo-Boo, Simple Jack, William Hung, and a Chimpanzee from the Cincinnati Zoo and still make tens upon tens of million dollars every single year.

If it were any other a business, a real business, they would have went under years ago.

They were dead last last year in % of tickets sold. 2nd to last in total tickets sold, only because the Chargers are stuck in a 30k stadium awaiting their new one. They were dead last in product quality (record).

If there are 32 widget makers and you rank 32nd in widgets sold you have a serious problem. If your widget ranks 32 out of 32 in product quality you have a serious problem. If you're the only widget maker in the last 30 years to have never won a single award you have a serious problem. These all are going out of business problems.

This is a business who tried to market a free popcorn with $1500+ purchase. This is a business who has been ridiculed by the media for decades. This is a business that continues to have the same problems and perception issues and refuses to adapt or change.

Everything about them is poorly run. In any other space they would've been laughed out of business by about 1997.
Reply/Quote
Good grief, if they want people to look favorably on the Bengals, everyone but Chad Johnson seemingly needs to stop tweeting, or have someone write their tweets for them. Sad
Reply/Quote