Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet your Peko replacement....
(03-07-2017, 02:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I respect what he has done. His ability to stay healthy is probably the least appreciated. But I really think it is time to move on. We keep 4 DTs on the 53. Sometimes only 3. Kind of hard to develop someone new when it is the same guy over and over and over...

Love the guy. Agree he is good for the locker room. But being good at making friends in the locker room shouldn't be a priority for our professional football team. 

True enough. Can't say I disagree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:19 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: People like to shit on peko around here from time to time, but I for one have been a fan of his for what he means to the locker room.  The RIP15 hats is a good example.

That said, he's up there.  Hope billings takes over soon and am on board for significant investment in the position.   Also hope domata sticks around in a staff role.

Peko didn't hit the wall last year, he hit the mountain.  And it came right behind what might have been his best year ever.  He's the kind of a guy who would be a mentor.  That's all well and good as long as he doesn't play much or take a roster spot from someone who would.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:56 AM)Burma Wrote: I prefer Grover Stewart. Should be able to be had in th 6th or 7th.

From my NLPA Bowl write up:

Grover Stewart DT, Albany State, 6'4" 347 lbs

[Image: 57e2b20c2bb79.image.jpg]

Division 2 guy who looked more than able to handle the higher level of competition. He was easily the star of the DL for the American squad.  When he played the 0 technique he was matched against the Centers from Clemson or Mississippi State. They could not handle him iso. He consistently drove them straight back with a bull rush or just shed them. Not moved backwards in 1 on 1.  It was very impressive. When he played in a 1 technique it was the same thing. He went against guards from Washington, LSU, Indiana (of PA), and William and Mary College as well as the C. Stewart was able to anchor against the double teams well, and on several occasions he was able to split them or shed one blocker and make the tackle and once split a RG/C combo block for sack. He looked comfortable at the 3 and 5 techniques as well.  His strength and quickness proved to be a tough challenge for all the Oline. He has a very impressive burst for a guy his size, consistently being among the fastest off the ball. Having said all the positives, now the negatives.  When he got his pad level too high he was ineffective.  Blockers were able to get into his chest and stand him up. He did seem to tire quickly. But that is a conditioning issue that can be addressed, and also a result of him holding nothing back on prior plays.

Nice Burma, sounds like a diamond in the rough to me.
Reply/Quote