Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet your Peko replacement....
NAZ JONES

Possible 5th or 6th rounder. Reminds me of the Peko pick a lot. I think this kid could end up a Bengal in late April.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206284482&DB_OEM_ID=3350

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nazair-jones?id=2557964
Reply/Quote
Have him as a 4th round pick in my mock. This guy gets lots of tackles for loss, he is strong and could
gain a few pounds and be a solid run stopper for us that can penetrate a touch. I don't think he is near
as good as Billings who is better in pretty much every way but he has some talent to work with.

We should get a DT in this draft and this would be a good pick in the mid to late rounds.
Reply/Quote
Met him last year. His name is Billings.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 04:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Met him last year. His name is Billings.

The injury might effect him a bit early but man am i excited for this year cause of this guy alone.

Like missing Christmas last year to wait 2 years to see your present.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 04:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Met him last year. His name is Billings.

Billings is more of Geno pocket collapser.

Peko is a block eater. So is this guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Billings is more of Geno pocket collapser.

But no one wants a just a block eater. They want a pocket collapser from the NT position. Pat Sims can already cover the "block eater" role.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But no one wants a just a block eater. They want a pocket collapser from the NT position.

A wall has its benefits too, though.  The foundation of most good defenses is stopping the run.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But no one wants a just a block eater. They want a pocket collapser from the NT position. Pat Sims can already cover the "block eater" role.

They need someone who can push the pocket, yes, but also stop double teams coming at Atkins. If the Bengals have two smaller DTs in there they will get run on up the middle. They need 1 fatty and 1 fasty.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: A wall has its benefits too, though.  The foundation of most good defenses is stopping the run.

I'd rather DeAngelo Brown out of Louisville then. More the weight already that Peko has (312 lbs). He's a run stuffer and anchor from the NT position. He's also very strong and get still collapse the pocket.
http://draftblaster.com/2017-NFL-Draft/schools/louisville/deangelo-brown-dt/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd rather DeAngelo Brown out of Louisville then. More the weight already that Peko has (312 lbs). He's a run stuffer and anchor from the NT position. He's also very strong and get still collapse the pocket.

If you can do both, even better.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:06 PM)PDub80 Wrote: They need someone who can push the pocket, yes, but also stop double teams coming at Atkins. If the Bengals have two smaller DTs in there they will get run on up the middle. They need 1 fatty and 1 fasty.

Billings is not a smaller DT. He's listed at 325 lbs on the Bengals roster page. He is a run stuffer that commands double teams, but he's also a pocket collapser.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd rather DeAngelo Brown out of Louisville then. More the weight already that Peko has (312 lbs). He's a run stuffer and anchor from the NT position. He's also very strong and get still collapse the pocket.

DeAngelo Brown eh? I Like.

What round i wonder?

(03-06-2017, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Billings is not a smaller DT. He's listed at 325 lbs on the Bengals roster page. He is a run stuffer that commands double teams, but he's also a pocket collapser.

Very true, i know he is not as big as Wilfork but he reminds me a touch of him mixed with Geno with his wide
shoulders and strength to go along with his penetration when it is needed. Billings can do it all which is why i
wanted him here so bad. Peko has always been a one trick pony pretty much and he isn't even good at stopping
the run anymore.

Peko just takes up space, we can do much better and already have with Billings IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: DeAngelo Brown eh? I Like.

What round i wonder?

Very true, i know he is not as big as Wilfork but he reminds me a touch of him mixed with Geno with his wide
shoulders and strength to go along with his penetration when it is needed. Billings can do it all which is why i
wanted him here so bad. Peko has always been a one trick pony pretty much and he isn't even good at stopping
the run anymore.

Peko just takes up space, we can do much better and already have with Billings IMHO.

It's weird with Peko.  Right before he had one of his worst years last year, 2015 was one of his best.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: DeAngelo Brown eh? I Like.

What round i wonder?

the run anymore.

Brown expected to be a 5th-7th rounder. I'd be willing to bet 6-7 given he wasn't a Combine attendee. Should mean he's more off the radar, but not for a team close to Louisville like Cincinnati or Indianapolis.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:20 PM)McC Wrote: It's weird with Peko.  Right before he had one of his worst years last year, 2015 was one of his best.

That was weird. He had 5 sacks and actually did more than just take up space. Peko was good all by
himself in 15'. 2014 he was bad and then he fell back to that play again last year. Gotta call him out
now and let him go somewhere else if someone wants him to fall off there.

(03-06-2017, 06:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Brown expected to be a 5th-7th rounder. I'd be willing to bet 6-7 given he wasn't a Combine attendee. Should mean he's more off the radar, but not for a team close to Louisville like Cincinnati or Indianapolis.

Sounds like a steal that late. I think i watched this guy last year and was impressed the more i think about it.

That DT on Louisville, yeah.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Billings is more of Geno pocket collapser.

From Hobson article on start of free agency:

"and nose tackle Domata Peko in what looks to be a new role as mentor for Andrew Billings."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 12:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: From Hobson article on start of free agency:

"and nose tackle Domata Peko in what looks to be a new role as mentor for Andrew Billings."

People like to shit on peko around here from time to time, but I for one have been a fan of his for what he means to the locker room. The RIP15 hats is a good example.

That said, he's up there. Hope billings takes over soon and am on board for significant investment in the position. Also hope domata sticks around in a staff role.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 03:05 PM)PDub80 Wrote: NAZ JONES

Possible 5th or 6th rounder. Reminds me of the Peko pick a lot. I think this kid could end up a Bengal in late April.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206284482&DB_OEM_ID=3350

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nazair-jones?id=2557964

I prefer Grover Stewart. Should be able to be had in th 6th or 7th.

From my NLPA Bowl write up:

Grover Stewart DT, Albany State, 6'4" 347 lbs

[Image: 57e2b20c2bb79.image.jpg]

Division 2 guy who looked more than able to handle the higher level of competition. He was easily the star of the DL for the American squad.  When he played the 0 technique he was matched against the Centers from Clemson or Mississippi State. They could not handle him iso. He consistently drove them straight back with a bull rush or just shed them. Not moved backwards in 1 on 1.  It was very impressive. When he played in a 1 technique it was the same thing. He went against guards from Washington, LSU, Indiana (of PA), and William and Mary College as well as the C. Stewart was able to anchor against the double teams well, and on several occasions he was able to split them or shed one blocker and make the tackle and once split a RG/C combo block for sack. He looked comfortable at the 3 and 5 techniques as well.  His strength and quickness proved to be a tough challenge for all the Oline. He has a very impressive burst for a guy his size, consistently being among the fastest off the ball. Having said all the positives, now the negatives.  When he got his pad level too high he was ineffective.  Blockers were able to get into his chest and stand him up. He did seem to tire quickly. But that is a conditioning issue that can be addressed, and also a result of him holding nothing back on prior plays.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:19 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: People like to shit on peko around here from time to time, but I for one have been a fan of his for what he means to the locker room.  The RIP15 hats is a good example.

That said, he's up there.  Hope billings takes over soon and am on board for significant investment in the position.   Also hope domata sticks around in a staff role.

I respect what he has done. His ability to stay healthy is probably the least appreciated. But I really think it is time to move on. We keep 4 DTs on the 53. Sometimes only 3. Kind of hard to develop someone new when it is the same guy over and over and over...

Love the guy. Agree he is good for the locker room. But being good at making friends in the locker room shouldn't be a priority for our professional football team. 
Reply/Quote
I'm praying for Malick McDowell to fall to us in Round 2. Won't happen. I'm not sure I'd consider trading down for him, either.

Montavious Adams looks pretty decent, too. Pat Sims 2.0? I'd consider Jones in the mid rounds, too.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote