Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas, Haters....
(12-22-2020, 10:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't remember reading that, but perhaps I did. I don't go to Bengals homepage like I used to. And I don't watch any press conferences, but I feel I would have remembered that being tweeted out by one of the beat writers if/when it was said. There are so many beat writers now though that one of them may have and I didn't see.

It was something to the effect of they knew they were hiring him several years early but thought he could be the next big thing so he'd likely get a longer leash.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't remember reading that, but perhaps I did. I don't go to Bengals homepage like I used to. And I don't watch any press conferences, but I feel I would have remembered that being tweeted out by one of the beat writers if/when it was said. There are so many beat writers now though that one of them may have and I didn't see.

If I remember right, when I saw it, it was part of an article on the home page. It wasn't some big tweet or anything, just an aside in a story.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Steelers playing to clinch the Division title, Nationally televised game on Monday Night Football, and Taylor and Anarumo beat them with Ryan Finley.  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

In all seriousness, I gave them almost zilch chance of a win last night, and though about not watching it, because I couldn't stand to watch TJ Twat do all his prancing around after sacking Finley. So glad I did. Big props to the Oline as well for protecting Finley and opening holes for Gio. And HUGE props to Vonn Bell for knocking the crap out of Schuster after his pre game antics.......

Maybe your proclamation that Zac ends up being the Bengals greatest/most winningest coach of all time is about to come true

Do you know how hard it is to beat an NFL team 3 times in a row?  Let alone 9?  This isn't little league, eventually the math just cant keep working - They have to win against a team at least 10% of the time.  It doenst mean anything, really. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was something to the effect of they knew they were hiring him several years early but thought he could be the next big thing so he'd likely get a longer leash.

(12-22-2020, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If I remember right, when I saw it, it was part of an article on the home page. It wasn't some big tweet or anything, just an aside in a story.

Interesting.
Tough sell to the fans to openly admit being willing to take really bad seasons for the sake of eventually maybe getting there.
If I had seen that back when Taylor was hired, I don't know whether I would have been more accepting of having the bad seasons or just become disengaged because of the expected down seasons.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:28 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Maybe your proclamation that Zac ends up being the Bengals greatest/most winningest coach of all time is about to come true

Do you know how hard it is to beat an NFL team 3 times in a row?  Let alone 9?  This isn't little league, eventually the math just cant keep working - They have to win against a team at least 10% of the time.  It doenst mean anything, really. 

well we are 1/10 in divisional games now right?  thats amazing!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Players played hard... Which is good.

Also probly saddles us with Talyor and crew for another season..  I dont know if 1 win is worth that.

Beating the Stoolers is ALWAYS worth it. Now they can resume losing, and we won't even miss the 3rd pick. Win, win.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If I remember right, when I saw it, it was part of an article on the home page. It wasn't some big tweet or anything, just an aside in a story.

It was never really said by anyone in the organization (that i can find--and i've searched a lot), mostly said by writers, assuming his lack of experience actually leading a team. 

There was a recent article on The Athletic, so if anyone has a sub, you can check that out about how coaches have fared after good and bad 2 year starts and who was/wasn't given a 3rd year and how it turned out. 

https://theathletic.com/2232469/2020/12/02/history-lessons-of-head-coaches-and-the-three-year-window-this-week-in-cincinnati-bengals-zac-taylor/?redirected=1

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we are 1/10 in divisional games now right?  thats amazing!!!

You are doing Fan wrong.
Reply/Quote
Yeah! Take that all you fans that don’t like a coach with 5 wins in two years, no back to back wins and no road wins.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:21 PM)yang Wrote: You are doing Fan wrong.
Just calling what i see
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah! Take that all you fans that don’t like a coach with 5 wins in two years, no back to back wins and no road wins.

That will teach us to not like a coach who looks lost when calling plays offensively!

That last back to back Ryan Finley runs to end the offensive explosion was what the pros call “a slam dunk!” The only guy that saw it coming was Fitzpatrick otherwise that had 6 all over it!

I don’t know why you do that when Bernard was running well enough to get you 3 yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So we Develop coaches now? like devloping players then letting them hit the FA market?

LOL ...this is theeeeeeee most ridiculous thing to hear for an NFL team to actually say this! I want to see the proof!!
Shit, let me or someone else off this board  take a shot at it Mike. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Steelers playing to clinch the Division title, Nationally televised game on Monday Night Football, and Taylor and Anarumo beat them with Ryan Finley.  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

In all seriousness, I gave them almost zilch chance of a win last night, and though about not watching it, because I couldn't stand to watch TJ Twat do all his prancing around after sacking Finley. So glad I did. Big props to the Oline as well for protecting Finley and opening holes for Gio. And HUGE props to Vonn Bell for knocking the crap out of Schuster after his pre game antics.......

I just saw the score and couldn't believe it. Backup QB playing against an 11-2 Steeler team...

Thought we would of gotten beat big. Didn't want us to win and gave us no chance but any time we beat the Steelers is great.

Just hope this doesn't mean Taylor keeps his job cause of this, we have good players, we just need competent coaches.

Going to watch the game now on Gamepass. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we will be passing 50 times next game lol... He didnt learn at the end of last year why would this one be different?

Exactly, 57 pass attempts next game. In the 1st half
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor coached his best game as the Bengals HC and the players showed a lot of pride. Good stuff! Bout time.....
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:25 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Zac Taylor coached his best game as the Bengals  HC and the players showed a lot of pride. Good stuff! Bout time.....

Just finished watching the game. Zac actually out coached Tomlin. WTF has been going on?

Before...?

We will see, I like his moves as far as roster building but as we all have questioned his coaching and playcalling.

With Burrow we could still be more than alright, we will see.

Like others have said, he will probably have Finley throwing 50 times next game though. 

Win 2 games in a row and I will start to think there is a chance with the worst coach ever so far on this team early on.
Reply/Quote
I don’t see how Taylor out coached anyone last night. The offense was terrible, and only scored because of the short fields the defense gave them. Lou deserves more credit than ZT.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see how Taylor out coached anyone last night. The offense was terrible, and only scored because of the short fields the defense gave them. Lou deserves more credit than ZT.

Yep. Taylor didnt cause Ben to fumble the snap or throw it right to a defender.

The win was nice...but man this board goes crazy when we win a game.

We had 78 yards passing. 78! Our defense won us this game.

The Finley RPO TD was nice.

The Steelers mainly self destructed...ie what we usually do.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see how Taylor out coached anyone last night. The offense was terrible, and only scored because of the short fields the defense gave them. Lou deserves more credit than ZT.

Yeah, even after watching the game I still hate Lou though after all the rest of the shitty D all year.

They all need to go even with 1 good game on D for Lou.

The players are the reason we played great, not the coaches. Have to see more then that, and I need someone proven for years.

These coaches are proven losers if anything. The Steelers were caught in a trap game against some good D players.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Taylor didnt cause Ben to fumble the snap or throw it right to a defender.

The win was nice...but man this board goes crazy when we win a game.

We had 78 yards passing. 78! Our defense won us this game.

The Finley RPO TD was nice.

The Steelers mainly self destructed...ie what we usually do.

Think we had 87 yards passing. But yeah still terrible.

The reason the board goes crazy is cause we just beat the Steelers when they were 11-2 Pistons.... Kind of understandable. Mellow
Reply/Quote