Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merv's Slogans
You guys all remember how Merv goes into each training camp with a slogan?

I got one for all of us fans to go into the seaosn with: "We'll believe it when we see it". Someone should get specially made Bengals T-shirts with that on it and we should wear them at every home game until Merv wins a playoff game or is fired/retired or Mike is no longer the owner/GM.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You guys all remember how Merv goes into each training camp with a slogan?

I got one for all of us fans to go into the seaosn with: "We'll believe it when we see it". Someone should get specially made Bengals T-shirts with that on it and we should wear them at every home game until Merv wins a playoff game or is fired/retired or Mike is no longer the owner/GM.

I like it.  Perfectly describes where I stand.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thinking his slogan has been …………."F#%& our 1st round pick and the white horse he rode in on"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
"Halftime adjustments, We ain't got no Halftime adjustments. We don't need no stinkin' halftime adjustments"
Reply/Quote
"Who wants journalistic jargon? Certainly not I!"
Reply/Quote
"We gotta get better and play better this year"
Reply/Quote
I'm in

Perfectly describes how I feel about the off season, free agency, how the team is ran as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You guys all remember how Merv goes into each training camp with a slogan?

Get this completely and think many feel this way. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Get this completely and think many feel this way. 

How sweet would it be if during the very first preseason home game when they announce Merv's name over the speakers the crowd immediately starts chanting "BULL. SHIT. BULL. SHIT. BULL. SHIT."?
Reply/Quote
How about the PA announcers play Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe" over and over again?

How about the slogan "Rise and shine campers, It's Groundhogs Day!!!"

___

Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

Ralph: That about sums it up for me.

___

Phil: Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?

Mrs. Lancaster: I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen.

___

Phil: You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:43 PM)kdgjr Wrote: How about the PA announcers play Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe" over and over again?

___

Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

___

About a variation of a famous line from another Bill Murray vehicle:
"We came; we saw; we STILL re-hired Marvin Lewis"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: About a variation of a famous line from another Bill Murray vehicle:
"We came; we saw; we STILL re-hired Marvin Lewis"

Or..."You hired Marvin Lewis AGAIN?!?"

Bill Murray: "That's a fact, Jack!!!"
Reply/Quote
How about, "We got Merved"!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:53 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Or..."You hired Marvin Lewis AGAIN?!?"

Bill Murray: "That's a fact, Jack!!!"

Mike Brown just announces he's re-hired Merv.

Reporter - "What did you do, Mike?"

Mike - "I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever destroy us, Mr. Marvin Lewis. We used to roast Merv by the fire at Camp Wauconda."

OR

"There is no halftime adjustments; only journalistic jargon" (there is no dana only zuul)
Reply/Quote
Merv and Mike, still a better love story than Twilight.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:43 PM)kdgjr Wrote: How about the PA announcers play Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe" over and over again?

___

___

___

Phil: You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

Or the theme to Welcome Back Kotter......

Merv needs a shirt that exclaims 'resistance is futile, mortal fools'.......I'm sure Piano Man has one around somewhere he won't be needing anymore. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again."

OR

"16th time's the charm!"
Reply/Quote
It will be something generic and completely devoid of personality.

"Dig down deep."
"Earn your keep."

Some shit like that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 05:19 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It will be something generic and completely devoid of personality.

"Dig down deep."
"Earn your keep."

Some shit like that.

I would LOVE if Merv used "Some shit like that" as this year's slogan. LOL
Reply/Quote
My Bengals slogan is: You can’t polish a turd but Mike Brown’s nose is shining.
Reply/Quote