4 time Pro Bowl
1 time All-Pro
1 time NFL MVP
1 time NFL Passing Leader (Rating)
Master of the No Huddle and Play Action

CARSON PALMER
[Image: Chicago+Bears+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+dLv8GUxlFLNl.jpg]

2 time Pro Bowl (MVP)
Highest Bengal Passer Rating (Career and Season)
Lead the team to its first Winning Season, Division Title, and Playoff Appearance in 14 years
Passer rating of 100+ in 10 of the first 11 games in 2005

ANDY DALTON
[Image: Indianapolis+Colts+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+...VFcA7l.jpg]
2 time Pro Bowl
Franchise record TDs (Season)
Franchise Record Yards (Season)
1 of only 3 QBs in NFL history to pass for 99 or more TDs in 1st 4 seasons
Led the Bengals to a Franchise record 4 straight playoff Appearances
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Kenny, but had to Boomer. The greatest play action QB I've ever seen, master of the no huddle, and had incredible fire and passion for the game.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 10:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Love Kenny, but had to Boomer. The greatest play action QB I've ever seen, master of the no huddle, and had incredible fire and passion for the game.

Boomer owns my favorite play ever seen life by a Bengal. It was an away game against Denver (1986?), Boomer tucked the ball to run, and Denver defender (Dennis Smith?) came up to lat a lick on Boomer. Boomer dropped the shoulder and trucked him.

WTS, I had to go Anderson. Many do not realize how good of a running QB he was. It's an absolute shame he is not in the HOF.

Here's a video for some that may have not seen him play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzIPmz-N40

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Boomer owns my favorite play ever seen life by a Bengal. It was an away game against Denver (1986?), Boomer tucked the ball to run, and Denver defender (Dennis Smith?) came up to lat a lick on Boomer. Boomer dropped the shoulder and trucked him.

WTS, I had to go Anderson. Many do not realize how good of a running QB he was. It's an absolute shame he is not in the HOF.

Here's a video for some that may have not seen him play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzIPmz-N40

Definitely a shame Kenny's not in the Hall. 
Reply/Quote
Esiason > Anderson >>>> Palmer > Dalton
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Kenny forever. Watching old videos of him and his accuracy is absolutely godlike. His mustache belongs in the HoF alone
Reply/Quote
Boomer was the QB of my childhood and fondest Bengals memories. So, nostalgia wins.
Reply/Quote
Truly hard for me to choose between Anderson and Esiason. Both should have been Super Bowl winning QB's and having the MVP to go with it. Hell Boomer was already making the commercial while Montana was driving down the field. Being an 80's product you would think I would say Boomer but out of the two only one of them belong in the Hall. So I hesitantly went with Kenny. Sorry Boomer.
Reply/Quote
Hands down Esiason very clutch. May not like him as a talking head. But love him at QB.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 01:54 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Hands down Esiason very clutch. May not like him as a talking head. But love him at QB.

I'm with you. He's a little obnoxious at times (nearly always), but he when hits the nail on the head, he hits it with authority.

Here he is calling out the Bengals after our latest playoff loss.  I couldn't agree with him more.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Gotta love the facial hair. Didn't see either play, but I like the mustache and I live in Anderson and my uncle's name is Kenny so yeah no contest right?

Big Carson Palmer fan since I joined the fandom right around 2004 (really 2005, but I watched a little in '04 that was my football dipping year).
Reply/Quote
I voted for Anderson over Esiason. Never considered Palmer or Dalton.

Anderson did more for the team over a longer time span than Esiason did.

Reply/Quote
Went with Kenny. I guess because he was one of my sports idols growing up. Boomer a close second. After that, no comment. Rolleyes
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Kenny Anderson, but Boomer is a very close second.
Reply/Quote
Lets remember, Palmer would probably a lot closer to the top of this list, if it wasn't for kimo von sommbitch and the dirty pissburg tactics.

"Now remember, you fat slob of a human, wrap the knee and drive through it."
B. Cowher

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Anderson over Esiason.

Kenny was a great passer and a much better runner than many people remember.
Reply/Quote
Anderson easily. Then Boomer. Then it's a toss up between Palmer and Dalton. Palmer was great and then fell off into a pick six machine. Dalton was progressing very well and then last year regressed tremendously.

Can't pick either one over the other until their careers are over.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ALL TIME QB (Pick 1)

KEN ANDERSON
[Image: ken%20anderson.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVE...7473304948]
4 time Pro Bowl
1 time All-Pro
1 time NFL MVP
2 time NFL Passing Leader (Yards)
4 time NFL Passing Leader (Rating)

BOOMER ESIASON
[Image: boomer_esiason.jpg]
4 time Pro Bowl
1 time All-Pro
1 time NFL MVP
1 time NFL Passing Leader (Rating)
Master of the No Huddle and Play Action

CARSON PALMER
[Image: Chicago+Bears+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+dLv8GUxlFLNl.jpg]

2 time Pro Bowl (MVP)
Highest Bengal Passer Rating (Career and Season)
Lead the team to its first Winning Season, Division Title, and Playoff Appearance in 14 years
Passer rating of 100+ in 10 of the first 11 games in 2005

ANDY DALTON
[Image: Indianapolis+Colts+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+...VFcA7l.jpg]
2 time Pro Bowl
1 of only 2 QBs in NFL history to pass for 99 or more TDs in 1st 4 seasons
Led the Bengals to a Franchise record 4 straight playoff Appearances

Dan Marino (142 TDs) and Peyton Manning (111 TDs) also had 99 or more TDs in their 1st 4 seasons. So Dalton would be 1 of only 3 QBs in NFL history to pass 99 or more TDs in their 1st 4 seasons. I think you should add that Dalton has the franchise records of yards and TDs. (believe it or not I didn't pick Dalton as our best QB)
Reply/Quote
I think Kenny vs Boomer is close enough that it comes down to personal preference. Kenny may have been more dominant for his era (at times), but I prefer Boomer for his command of the huddle. Also, Kenny had a pretty long stretch where he was...less than dominant. They tried to replace him a couple times. First with the "throwin Samoan" and eventually with Boomer himself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 05:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dan Marino (142 TDs) and Peyton Manning (111 TDs) also had 99 or more TDs in their 1st 4 seasons. So Dalton would be 1 of only 3 QBs in NFL history to pass 99 or more TDs in their 1st 4 seasons. I think you should add that Dalton has the franchise records of yards and TDs. (believe it or not I didn't pick Dalton as our best QB)

Added. WTS. I look for other members to add things to pimp their guys. For instance Anderson is the 13th leading Rusher in Franchise history. 

Reply/Quote