* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board All-Time Team (WR)
All Time WR (Pick 3)

ISAAC CURTIS
[Image: th?id=JN.dDIfU63q42%2fSVNfVpmaAFg&pid=15...&W=160&P=0]
4 time Pro Bowl
17.1 YPC is a Career Franchise Record (min 100 catches)
Speed forced the NFL to change the Rules (5 yard bump rule)
#2 Receiving Yards (career)

CRIS COLLINSWORTH
[Image: th?id=JN.Y4XcWWBNR0VRAl%2blP7Mm8A&pid=15...&W=160&P=0]
3 time Pro Bowl/ 1 time All Pro
#3 Yards per Game (career)
#4 Receptions (career)
Franchise record Receptions (Rookie Year)
Only Bengal WR to play in 2 Super Bowls

EDDIE BROWN
[Image: th?id=JN.6pX8ajdTrtBB5lnXYW4RPQ&pid=15.1...&W=160&P=0]
1985 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
1 time Pro Bowl
24.0 YPC is a Season Franchise and NFL Record (min 50 catches)
16.9 YPC is #2 Career (min 100 catches)

CARL PICKENS
[Image: th?id=JN.oGjxoxK0f7t069Ns8sYTeg&pid=15.1...&W=160&P=0]
2 time Pro Bowl/ 2 time All Pro
Franchise record receiving TDs (season)
#2 Receptions (career)
1992 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year

DARNEY SCOTT
[Image: th?id=JN.6BxHsrXZ%2b7wqxG5EXSj9Xw&pid=15...&W=160&P=0]
386 career receptions with 0 fumbles
Led the NFL in YPC his rookie year (18.8)
Rushed for 106 yards in only 10 carries as a Rookie

TJ HOUSHMANDZAEDEH
[Image: th?id=JN.vFRUctEdI3%2fcz1s1QkL7VQ&pid=15...&W=160&P=0]
1 time Pro Bowl/ 1 time All-Pro
#3 Receptions (career)
#2 Receiving TDs (Season)
Franchise Record Receptions (Season)

CHAD JOHNSON
[Image: th?id=JN.HCrdUUbzD94HYcaCt3TMZg&pid=15.1...&W=160&P=0]
Franchise Record Receptions, Receiving yards, Receiving TDs (career)
6 time Pro Bowl/ 4 Time All Pro
Led AFC in Receiving Yards 4 straight seasons
Member of 10,000 Receiving Yards Club

AJ GREEN
[Image: th?id=JN.3cStHXj1YgBXZw61ZqHdYw&pid=15.1...&W=160&P=0]
4 time Pro Bowl
Franchise Record Yards per Game (career)
Franchise Record receiving yards (Rookie Year)
#3 Receiving yards (Season)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Right now i'd Say Chad even though the teams he was on didnt accomplish much he was very consistant when Chad Johnson.

Although ask again in a few years and AJ might have overtaken him
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right now i'd Say Chad even though the teams he was on didnt accomplish much he was very consistant when Chad Johnson.

Although ask again in a few years and AJ might have overtaken him

In one of the other threads you mentioned that there was only 1 guy on the list that could possibly have a SB win in the future while the others had the chance and never got one.

Shouldn't the same logic apply here? Just curious.
Reply/Quote
Chad JOHNSON......that other Chad wasn't holding much.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: In one of the other threads you mentioned that there was only 1 guy on the list that could possibly have a SB win in the future while the others had the chance and never got one.

Shouldn't the same logic apply here? Just curious.

I decided after that one to not vote for guys still playing on team anymore. (or else it would be the same debate in every thread) To many what ifs and such. I do believe when all is said and Done AJ will be the best in franchise history. If we dont let him get away.
Reply/Quote
Isaac Curtis, Jerry Rice before Jerry Rice.

Chad Johnson was great in his time here and than he became Ochostinko.

AJ hopefully will be the best out of all of them though but as Xeno said, too many what ifs.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I decided after that one to not vote for guys still playing on team anymore. (or else it would be the same debate in every thread) To many what ifs and such.  I do believe when all is said and Done AJ will be the best in franchise history.   If we dont let him get away.

Yeah that's exactly why I can't find myself voting for any/many current guys.

Unless it's someone toward the very end of their careers, but even then it's still not over so you never know what could change. I do agree with Chad, he was really fun to watch even though some of those teams weren't the best.
Reply/Quote
ALL-TIME GREAT?

Had to go with Ike Curtis.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Does everyone realize that while playing as Ocho, Chad made a Pro Bowl and was still producing at a high level despite his advancing age?

I voted for Chad, Slim Pickens and AJ Green. I know some will scoff at the omission of Isaac, but I just feel like these 3 players had more impressive careers.

I rarely vote for current players, but AJ is worthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Does everyone realize that while playing as Ocho, Chad made a Pro Bowl and was still producing at a high level despite his advancing age?

I voted for Chad, Slim Pickens and AJ Green. I know some will scoff at the omission of Isaac, but I just feel like these 3 players had more impressive careers.

D'oh!!!  I clicked submit before I cast two more.

Hey Bfine, add one apiece for Curtis and Pickens please, if you can.....  

(and I voted for Chad, but that Ochostinko bullshit wore real thin with me......especially when we started worrying more about the show than the game)

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Does everyone realize that while playing as Ocho, Chad made a Pro Bowl and was still producing at a high level despite his advancing age?

Pickens vs Ike is close enough in my mind that attitude swings it to Ike.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Issac Curtis was an amazing WR and my all time by far.

I love Ken Andersons quote on Issac:

"The Jerry Rice before Jerry Rice".
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:10 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah that's exactly why I can't find myself voting for any/many current guys.

Unless it's someone toward the very end of their careers, but even then it's still not over so you never know what could change. I do agree with Chad, he was really fun to watch even though some of those teams weren't the best.

In all fairness, unless the guy is dead or elderly there is a chance he comes back to the team and then the team wins a Super Bowl....Chad, are you still in Montreal?!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:54 PM)McC Wrote: Pickens vs Ike is close enough in my mind that attitude swings it to Ike.

I always give 90's players a pass for their attitude. The whole organization was a mess and many players were disgruntled, including Boomer, Pick, Dillon, Takeo, Wilkinson and many others. Even the punter (Lee Johnson) went off. These players were all fine elsewhere, they just had problems with how this team was run at the time.

I don't blame them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Went with AJ, Chad and Isaac. That's a damn good trio. And I mean Chad Johnson, not Ochocinco..
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I always give 90's players a pass for their attitude. The whole organization was a mess and many players were disgruntled, including Boomer, Pick, Dillon, Takeo, Wilkinson and many others. Even the punter (Lee Johnson) went off. These players were all fine elsewhere, they just had problems with how this team was run at the time.

I don't blame them.

He was just such an unapologetic tool.  Didn't he have a physical confrontation with an old man on the side of I-71?  Just can't bring myself to vote for him.

Ike was just so beautiful to watch.  He flowed like water.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Went with AJ, Chad and Isaac.  That's a damn good trio.  And I mean Chad Johnson, not Ochocinco..

Ditto. Pickens was juuuuust on the outside. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson is the best WR this team has drafted. AJ Green has potential to beat that and be one of the best players ever drafted by this team. And I liked Curtis' play.

Eddie Brown is a bit underrated. Most will compare him to Jerry Rice for obvious reasons, but Brown had a solid career.
Reply/Quote
I had to vote the following:

1) Chad Johnson - Let's just be honest.....before the Ocho crap got in his head he was just a very special talent that understood he was getting paid very well to play a game. He loved the fans and brought identity to the team. His hands and body control were absolutely amazing.

2) Isaac Curtis - While his typical season numbers were not as lofty as we see today it must be remembered that he played in a different era that is not as pass happy as today. Curtis was a stalwart of the team and left it on the field every time out a true gamer. As mentioned in the write up his speed changed the rules of the game.

3) Carl Pickens - this one was hard to vote for but his numbers made it nearly impossible not to. While I hated his attitude there is no doubt that when he was on the field he made a difference. He was a very talented receiver and I often think how could he could have been had he not seemed to be mad at the world.

I can understand many voting for Green but the tenure of the others trumps it for me. As far as "All-Time" goes I do not think he has earned that yet. In a few years I could vote differently. Yes he is a special talent and an extremely gifted receiver but just does not have the skins that the others have yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 05:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I had to vote the following:

1) Chad Johnson - Let's just be honest.....before the Ocho crap got in his head he was just a very special talent that understood he was getting paid very well to play a game. He loved the fans and brought identity to the team. His hands and body control were absolutely amazing.

2) Isaac Curtis - While his typical season numbers were not as lofty as we see today it must be remembered that he played in a different era that is not as pass happy as today. Curtis was a stalwart of the team and left it on the field every time out a true gamer. As mentioned in the write up his speed changed the rules of the game.

3) Carl Pickens - this one was hard to vote for but his numbers made it nearly impossible not to. While I hated his attitude there is no doubt that when he was on the field he made a difference. He was a very talented receiver and I often think how could he could have been had he not seemed to be mad at the world.

I can understand many voting for Green but the tenure of the others trumps it for me. As far as "All-Time" goes I do not think he has earned that yet. In a few years I could vote differently. Yes he is a special talent and an extremely gifted receiver but just does not have the skins that the others have yet.

I can see that argument, but you can also argue against that.

He's already 8th overall in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns for a Bengals player.
Green only played in 60 games, yet everyone in the top 12 receiving yards (besides him) has played in at least 102 games. That's over 40 games. In the top 20, only two players have played in less games than him. (Chris Henry at 19th and Billy Brooks at 20th).

Also, Green has the highest receiving yards per game in Bengals history at 81.2. The next closest is Chad Johnson at 71.4.
Reply/Quote