Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met The Strength and Conditioning Coach
I'm at Five Seasons in Crestview Hills, KY, working out and lifting weights (I wait to run until the end of my workout), and this dude that's cut as hell and in a Bengals shirt and pants walks up while I'm doing curls (I didn't recognize him as a player, so I was wondering). He just stands there and looks at me a few times, so I just think he's waiting to use the machine.

I finish my set, smile, look up at him, say hi, and he starts talking about how awesome it was to see me on the news running on the treadmill, asks how often I workout, asks a few other general questions, which I'm just my usual happy self typing to him and thinking he's just a normal person that saw it and came up to talk to me because there's still a bunch of people who do that (not saying what I did was anything special or that I'm even deserving of this attention, but it is what it is).

He asks to add me on Facebook, which I of course say yes, and he pulls out his phone and adds me (I waited to accept because I thought it would be rude to just start going through my phone while he's talking to me).

After all that, he asks me if I like the Bengals, which I obviously said yes and tell him how I went to the Thursday Night game and have tickets for the Monday Night game, but also that I'm trying to get more.

Then he says "my name is Clif Marshall, and I'm the strength and conditioning coach for the Bengals. How often do you come up here? Let's talk more on Facebook, but I'd love to work with you to show you new things and try to help out in any way I can."

He said a lot more, but he was a super-nice guy, and I think it will be amazing to work with him!
Reply/Quote
Must resist the urge.......
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is he hot? Ninja
Reply/Quote
That's great, Brad! Hope that Mr. Marshall and you have a productive relationship. Perhaps he can help you with your physical condition.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's great, Brad!  Hope that Mr. Marshall and you have a productive relationship.  Perhaps he can help you with your physical condition.

Thanks!  I thought it was pretty cool.

I trust him to help me with new lifts and things that I'm doing that he could improve on.

I'm not expecting him to make me walk normal or anything again, but I'm also very excited about building muscle and also the conditioning aspect because tonight, like every other time I've run, I got off the treadmill and I feel like I'm going to die because I'm so tired and couldn't breathe.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Must resist the urge.......

Go ahead, man. It's gonna go south at some point anyway, so you might as well get the ball rollin'.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Why were you on tv/the news?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: Why were you on tv/the news?

Running for the first time since the wreck.
Reply/Quote
Dang bro. You're pretty inspirational. Keep up the good fight. Also nice move on the TD reception(that was a highlight of you right?)
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm at Five Seasons in Crestview Hills, KY, working out and lifting weights (I wait to run until the end of my workout), and this dude that's cut as hell and in a Bengals shirt and pants walks up while I'm doing curls (I didn't recognize him as a player, so I was wondering).  He just stands there and looks at me a few times, so I just think he's waiting to use the machine.  

I finish my set, smile, look up at him, say hi, and he starts talking about how awesome it was to see me on the news running on the treadmill, asks how often I workout, asks a few other general questions, which I'm just my usual happy self typing to him and thinking he's just a normal person that saw it and came up to talk to me because there's still a bunch of people who do that (not saying what I did was anything special or that I'm even deserving of this attention, but it is what it is).

He asks to add me on Facebook, which I of course say yes, and he pulls out his phone and adds me (I waited to accept because I thought it would be rude to just start going through my phone while he's talking to me).

After all that, he asks me if I like the Bengals, which I obviously said yes and tell him how I went to the Thursday Night game and have tickets for the Monday Night game, but also that I'm trying to get more.

Then he says "my name is Clif Marshall, and I'm the strength and conditioning coach for the Bengals.  How often do you come up here?  Let's talk more on Facebook, but I'd love to work with you to show you new things and try to help out in any way I can."  

He said a lot more, but he was a super-nice guy, and I think it will be amazing to work with him!

Sweet !
Liftin' Clifton !
Keep Rockin' Brad !
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Huge congratulations on the milestone and meeting such a cool dude.

On a sidenote, I thought that the strength/conditioning guy for the Bengals was named "Chip". Does this mean that he got s^%# canned or are there multiple dudes working that job now?
Reply/Quote
Sounds great Brad.  Hope he helps you out. 

Good to know someone of that character works for the Bengals and is willing to dedicate his time to assist others.

Keep us posted on what's going on and your progress.

[Image: rockon.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 11:45 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Huge congratulations on the milestone and meeting such a cool dude.  

On a sidenote, I thought that the strength/conditioning guy for the Bengals was named "Chip".  Does this mean that he got s^%# canned or are there multiple dudes working that job now?

I think Chip Morton took a job with UT or UK, anyway some college job.  

EDIT. Just looked it up Chip is still there, it was that Rock guy who took a college job, Oliver?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 11:45 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Huge congratulations on the milestone and meeting such a cool dude.  

On a sidenote, I thought that the strength/conditioning guy for the Bengals was named "Chip".  Does this mean that he got s^%# canned or are there multiple dudes working that job now?

Clif Marshal is the Performance Director at Ignition where a lot of the players work out during the off season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cool

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Clif is very, very involved with the team. Chip is the full time, on staff guy. Has been for years. Jeff Friday is his assistant.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
That's cool. I hope you're running as much you want to. Would be an awesome goal to eventually do a 5k or something. Inspiration indeed!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:55 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dang bro.  You're pretty inspirational.  Keep up the good fight.  Also nice move on the TD reception(that was a highlight of you right?)
Was actually a quarterback keeper/bootleg from 8th grade.

Here's me catching a touchdown freshman year, which was actually a decent catch, and it was the only play I ever played at receiver.  We had three quarterbacks my freshman year and I started JV and backed-up varsity, but they wanted to make me a pocket passer, which I hated.  So, last game on the freshmen schedule, I asked the coaches if I could play safety on the freshman team, which they allowed, and I played so well that I started the last few games at varsity free safety, and then that's where I played sophomore year until the wreck.  The day of the wreck, they actually decided to play me both ways at receiver, too, which pumped up the quarterback because he knew he could go D1 with a deep threat like me, but the wreck happened that night.

Would have been awesome to see, though.
(11-09-2015, 11:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Sweet !
Liftin' Clifton !
Keep Rockin' Brad !
ThumbsUp
Always do!
(11-09-2015, 11:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sounds great Brad.  Hope he helps you out. 

Good to know someone of that character works for the Bengals and is willing to dedicate his time to assist others.

Keep us posted on what's going on and your progress.

[Image: rockon.gif]

Will do!

Was talking with a girl tonight (trainer) and she wanted to know what's next and I said I didn't know but she said maybe try to run with a walker and run a 5k, but I don't know about that so I said maybe set-up a treadmill near the finish and just run the 5k til I get to almost 5k, get off, and finish normally.  
Reply/Quote
1-10 how.. nvm
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:55 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dang bro.  You're pretty inspirational.  Keep up the good fight.  Also nice move on the TD reception(that was a highlight of you right?)

This. 

Good for your Brad!
Reply/Quote