Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met The Strength and Conditioning Coach
(11-12-2015, 01:15 PM)jmign Wrote: Brad,
Quite the inspiration.  My younger brother was in an accident in February and had a severe tbi.  He has progressed nicely and we are just now getting back into some physical things.  We have began lifting and he's a little self conscious I know because he can lift so little (although when you consider six months ago he was learning to walk again still pretty impressive).  We used to love to play basketball together and had gotten to the point where we were close to being a match.  (I'm 11 years older than him, he just turned 21).  I haven't been able to get him to play again, and I know it's because of insecurities ( i don't know that he could jump yet but he could shoot)  I'd love to ball with him again.  I will be sharing your story with him.  Thanks for being open so that others can be encouraged through your efforts.

Yeah, I know the struggles, although I'll admit to you that everyone is different in their recovery, and how their lives were before, are now, and the types of injuries he has, so I don't know specifically how hard it has to be on him, especially the mental part, but tell him to keep on keepin' on.

He can still have a great life, even if it's not the way it used to be.

You need to support him through everything, which I have no doubt you do, but also realize that there will be times when you're frustrated or angry, but that those times are most likely a million times worse for him.

Rock on, and tell him to rock on, too!
Reply/Quote