Poll: Fins Game Ball
Burrow
Higgins
Apple
Bell
McPherson
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Game Game Ball
Money with 0 votes. I think folks are sleeping on how important that FG was from 57 yards with 6 minutes left in the game and only up by 2.

He misses it and Miami are damn near in FG range to take the lead. If he hasn't proven to be a long range master we punt, only up by less than a FG. Miami approaches the next drive totally different
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reader with some shade for Hill…

Not that it mattered in the end but, I think we should have challenged the Eli INT looked like he was dragging the toe when he caught it. 

Reply/Quote
I gave it to Mac. Just because of the past few weeks. Some of that wasn't his fault (Harris injury), some of it was (miss @ NYJ), and he even looked a bit shaky on the first XP last night. I was worried that he was on the brink of his first career slump. But then he made the 57-yarder and all was good in the world again. Money Mac remains Money Mac and that deserves my game ball
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:56 PM)tms Wrote: I gave it to Mac. Just because of the past few weeks. Some of that wasn't his fault (Harris injury), some of it was (miss @ NYJ), and he even looked a bit shaky on the first XP last night. I was worried that he was on the brink of his first career slump. But then he made the 57-yarder and all was good in the world again. Money Mac remains Money Mac and that deserves my game ball

Money Mac>Maybe Mac
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Money with 0 votes. I think folks are sleeping on how important that FG was from 57 yards with 6 minutes left in the game and only up by 2.

He misses it and Miami are damn near in FG range to take the lead. If he hasn't proven to be a long range master we punt, only up by less than a FG. Miami approaches the next drive totally different

When they had the false start I assumed they were now out of field goal range. So when the pass to Boyd wasn't completed (was that a drop by Boyd?), I expected Huber to come out. 

Yeah, a very big kick. They were at about the 40-yard line, which means if McPherson misses, Miami doesn't have far to go to try a field goal.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 03:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: When they had the false start I assumed they were now out of field goal range. So when the pass to Boyd wasn't completed (was that a drop by Boyd?), I expected Huber to come out. 

Yeah, a very big kick. They were at about the 40-yard line, which means if McPherson misses, Miami doesn't have far to go to try a field goal.

If Mac misses that kick, The Fins make one and win by 1 point this forum would be unable to house all the "Zac Sux" threads 

Reply/Quote
Hubbard also had a hell of a game.

That one bullrush he had was nasty.

Reply/Quote
Vonn Freakin' Bell
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What the hell is wrong with you?

Huh? I thought he played great in place of Reader.. What's so bad about that?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:43 PM)Tony Wrote: Huh? I thought he played great in place of Reader.. What's so bad about that?

“Tapout Tupou” is pretty tone deaf considering any halfway decent human being should just be concerned with Tua’s health at this point. That was honestly one of the scariest moments I’ve ever seen on a football field.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Tapout Tupou” is pretty tone deaf considering any halfway decent human being should just be concerned with Tua’s health at this point. That was honestly one of the scariest moments I’ve ever seen on a football field.

Ya that was a clean tough tackle though. You could tell he was shook up after that though in the locker room interview.. I think he played great though. I was worried about the run D and they held up pretty well.. Tua gonna be fine too, he should probably contemplate retirement at this point. He's to small. You should see what the Dolphins boards were saying about Burrow in the game thread at finheaven. They wanted Burrow hurt bad..
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not cool, gramps.

Yeah well.. If it were Pittsburgh it would be,  but I gave up on trying to be cool in high school..Didn't work then and doesn't work now.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I gotta give it to the guy who picked off 2 QBs in 1 game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm not against knocking a player out with a tough legal hit, but Tua's was particularly scary. Not something you want to cheer for after the fact. Seems like he's mostly okay but we might not know the extent of the damage for a while.
Reply/Quote
2 pick games are not common and not only hurt the other teams offense but also their defense and gives your offense an extra opportunity.
Bell
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Boyz made it happen in Primetime and we get to award a game ball. The nominees:

Joe Burrow: 287 yards 2 TDs 115.9 Passer Rating

Tee Higgins: 7 catches 127 yards 1 TD

Joe Mix.....OK I'm play'n

Eli Apple: The Cheetah still owes him

Vonn Bell: 4 tackles 2 INTs

Evan McPherson: 9 total points including a 57 yarder that was clutch

Other:

That's some pretty funny shyt, Bfine.  Eli deserves at least an honorable mention, as he was matched up with the cheetah two times and gave up one reception for 6 yards, but also held down Waddle.  One of his best games of recent history.

Bell gets my game ball because of the two INTs.  Not sure if anyone else saw it, but Chido was in trail coverage on Bell's first INT and while sprinting downfield, Chido motioned to Bell by pointing deep.  Bell got there, but came back as the ball was horribly underthrown.  I just thought that was cool from Chido.  Might try to screen grab that video but I am turd soup when it comes to sharing anything on a computer.   
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: in no way up for a game ball, but wanted to give a shout out to Flowers, who always seems to make the play. Another gem plucked by this staff.

Flowers joins Reader, ADG, and Eli Apple as the most underappreciated Bengals.  Dude is legit and quality depth.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 03:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm not against knocking a player out with a tough legal hit, but Tua's was particularly scary. Not something you want to cheer for after the fact. Seems like he's mostly okay but we might not know the extent of the damage for a while.

Yeah not something you want to see happen and he should've never been playing in that game. That's what pissed me off is you can say it was his back all you want but after he hit his head last week and the way he was after he should've been immediately put in protocol regardless of the test results. Getting a concussion while potentially still dealing with the affects of a previous concussion can be extremely dangerous. Just no excuse for it at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 12:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Flowers joins Reader, ADG, and Eli Apple as the most underappreciated Bengals.  Dude is legit and quality depth.  

I think Apple is more of most improved. I was hating on him earlier last season and the really did well down the stretch. Well except the super bowl but there’s worst things then getting beat by the triple crown winner.

I thought everyone around here loved Reader and were super upset when he got hurt. The others stepped up for him though.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 12:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah not something you want to see happen and he should've never been playing in that game. That's what pissed me off is you can say it was his back all you want but after he hit his head last week and the way he was after he should've been immediately put in protocol regardless of the test results. Getting a concussion while potentially still dealing with the affects of a previous concussion can be extremely dangerous. Just no excuse for it at all.

What is also bullcrap about it is that was the one highlight of the game everyone saw and it was like we got no credit 
for the win. We outplayed the 3-0 Dolphins and that should be the bottom line. What that doctor, the coaches and Tua
did was just wrong in every way.
Reply/Quote