Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami-Trap Game
Don't overlook them. Miami seems to have our number most seasons for reasons unbeknownst..  BTW unbeknownst is my $8 word for the day. 
Quote:Miami has been the second-toughest opponent the Bengals have encountered in their 51-year history, based on series winning percentage. The Dolphins hold a 16-6 edge, including 1-0 in postseason, for a .727 success rate. The Dolphins’ overall winning percentage against the Bengals trails only the San Francisco 49ers (11-4, .733).

The Bengals won the last meeting in 2016 at Cincinnati 22-7, but Miami has won three of the past four meetings overall and leads 9-4 in games played in Cincinnati. The Dolphins won the last meeting in Miami, on a safety in overtime in 2013, 22-20.
It's kind of like us v the Ravens or Ravens v the Squats..  They just seem to match up well against us..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:24 AM)pally Wrote: This game could end up being dangerous for us.  We're coming off a highly emotional, physical game and are looking forward to the Steelers coming to town in 2 weeks.

Does this team have the emotional maturity to deal with the here and now?

It is at home, against an AFC Opponent with the same record as the Bengals, and the leader of the defense is back.  If they can't get up for this one (although I have said that before, only to see golf-clapper "Let's go" lead a team flatter than Kansas), then they don't deserve to be contending for our division.

Many have said it:  this team feels different.  I can't wait to watch 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:17 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think the Miami game is a "Trap Game" because the Dolphins are 3-1.

Now, the Pittsburgh game will be a "Trap Game" especially if they lose this weekend because the Bengals will be looking ahead to KC and how they might contain Mahomes.

They never overlook pitt
Reply/Quote
I'm worryingly confident they will deal with Miami. yep , they are 3-1 but there's nothing to fear hear. They are not as talented as Falcons, Panthers, Ravens.

I'll settle for a boring, comfortable win with no injuries and no drama....and keep fingers crossed Browns put one over the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Miami usually plays us tough no matter what..But a trap game isn't something I would consider this to be. The Dolphins beat the Titans, Jets and Raiders and the largest margin was 8 points. Then they finally played a Patriots team that was a bit down on themselves and they got "skull drugged". Now I know the NFL is an any given day situation but the plain fact to me is, the Bengals are a better team than the Dolphins and although they will present a challenge, this is a game that the Bengals should win, if they are as good of a team as many people are starting to say they are.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: Miller has been a Texan for a couple years now.  Frank Gore is their other RB.

Damn, i feel foolish lol

Been playing old Madden and Miller was their RB. My bad. Gore is a solid old vet, hope we can slow him down.

Think we can, Billings and Tupou are looking better.
Reply/Quote
That loss in OT at Miami... oof... that one sucked on so many levels!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 08:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That loss in OT at Miami...  oof... that one sucked on so many levels!

Sure did. Need some payback, namely Geno.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure did. Need some payback, namely Geno.

Speaking of Geno I think the Dline is the key to this game. If we can get in there often and knock Tannehill of his point get him rattled early I think we'll win this game without a ton of resistance. 

If not it could turn into a grinder where the outcome is less certain.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Speaking of Geno I think the Dline is the key to this game. If we can get in there often and knock Tannehill of his point get him rattled early I think we'll win this game without a ton of resistance. 

If not it could turn into a grinder where the outcome is less certain.

Could be a possibility, Miami is missing a starting G and C. However that was the case at Carolina, missing starters on the line, that didn't end well...
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Could be a possibility, Miami is missing a starting G and C. However that was the case at Carolina, missing starters on the line, that didn't end well...

YA but Carolina has Cam whom we had to account for and Walter Payton... errr McCaffery whom they made look like Payton. I don't think the Dolphins can gash us running it so well.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that crowd noise doesnt appear to be a factor anymore in games unlike a few years back where it WAS a factor that they even came up with radios on helmets so QBs could get the plays from the OC. What's up with that? Was getting loud a fad??
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: YA but Carolina has Cam whom we had to account for and Walter Payton... errr McCaffery whom they made look like Payton. I don't think the Dolphins can gash us running it so well.

Oh I get what you are saying, but I think we all thought, our D-line was going to go and knock their o-line about 3 rows deep into stands. Carolina's back-ups pretty much stalemated our D-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just need to focus, i watched the Phins get slaughtered by the Pats yesterday which led to the game being turned to ours.

Their Secondary gave up lots of easy catches and the play by Patterson was just terrible. Kiko is one hell of a LB'er though
and they have good pass rushers in Quinn and Wake. Stop Lamar Miller, come on Billings you are coming around. Ninja

Drake isn't a bad RB either. Just have to stop the run and force Tannehill to throw like the Pats did. Think we can do it.

I agree Nate. Amendola is not Landry.

So, stop the run and force Tannenhil to beat you.

On offense, with Suh gone, establish the run. And keep running to minimize their pass rush impact.

It does hurt that Mixon is coming back from knee scope. But running from a 2 back 1 TE set, where one back swings out to occupy Kiko, would work. You could mix the TE release in there.

If Eifert wasn't hurt, this would be an easy game.... he would literally neutralize Kiko's impact.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 03:49 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree Nate. Amendola is not Landry.

On offense, with Suh gone, establish the run. And keep running to minimize their pass rush impact.

It does hurt that Mixon is coming back from knee scope. But running from a 2 back 1 TE set, where one back swings out to occupy Kiko, would work. You could mix the TE release in there.

If Eifert wasn't hurt, this would be an easy game.... he would literally neutralize Kiko's impact.

maybe we can put Rawls to work this week to ease mixon back into action
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 04:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe we can put Rawls to work this week to ease mixon back into action

Do we know what we have in Rawls?

If Ross is out we will need any able RBs to make it past Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 03:49 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree Nate. Amendola is not Landry.

Believe Amendola is coming off injury too. Good point about the 2 back 1 TE set. Great idea.

And yes, you can run on these guys now that they don't have Suh, but i think it is even easier to pass on them right
now after watching what the Patriots and Brady did to them. That was some bad coverage by the Phins in that game.

Dalton could have another big game tomorrow. Hope so, Lazor has been pretty good this year with his playcalling.

True about Eifert, too bad, need Kroft or Uzi to step up. Wonder if we are bringing Schreck up from the PS?
Reply/Quote
I think that as long as the Bengals play this game like it's a make or break game they'll do just fine. 
Just don't overlook any aspect or player Miami may have and come out swinging every play..we'll win walking away. 
Overlook anything and it can get ugly really fast..
At least we don't have a Homer Bailey type pitching every 5th start..  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:17 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think the Miami game is a "Trap Game" because the Dolphins are 3-1.

Now, the Pittsburgh game will be a "Trap Game" especially if they lose this weekend because the Bengals will be looking ahead to KC and how they might contain Mahomes.

Well if we can't contain Ben then we won't be able to contain Mahomes. But then again it dosent matter if we shut Ben down, our D and really the NFL this year has been so inconsistent this season who knows how we will play week to week.
Reply/Quote
I just have a feeling Joe isn't going to ease into things.. It's not his style and if he's mowing over defenders left and right there's no way Marvin's going to sit him in favor of Rawls unless Rawls is also mowing over defenders as well.. I just don't see them saying , "Oh well..let's just go ahead and lose this one to protect Joe this one time ." That ain't happening..

Reply/Quote