Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockenson best TE Ive ever scouted?!?
If Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Jonah Williams, and Devin White are all off the board at 11, I'd be fine with taking Hockenson or Fant at 11. Although if Murray and/or Haskins happens to be on the board at 11, I'd definitely look to find a trade partner to move back 5-10 spots instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 11:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: lol what's he better at?  its hard taking a guy seriously who mocks a 2-3 round guard 11th overall, but i'm willing to discuss it.
Ur problem is u keep putting him as soley a guard. He's not. Also the draft network has him as a top 20 player so there's that. As far as fant, he's a much better athlete and a better receiver.
(02-28-2019, 11:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Noah Fant was listed as the top TE before TJ Hockenson declared which was a surprise because Hockenson is a redshirt sophomore. Since then the Mackey Award winner has been the number 1 TE on many peoples boards...as a matter of fact Daniel Jeremiah has Hockenson as #5 on his top 50 list.
In our system give me the te whose gonna run a 4.4 40
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ur problem is u keep putting him as soley a guard. He's not. Also the draft network has him as a top 20 player so there's that. As far as fant, he's a much better athlete and a better receiver.

Lindstrom is a guard. He played some tackle struggled and was kicked him back inside the next year.

What System is that? We have no idea what Taylor and Callahan are going to do..
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ur problem is u keep putting him as soley a guard. He's not. Also the draft network has him as a top 20 player so there's that. As far as fant, he's a much better athlete and a better receiver.

What is "the draft network?" Do you mean thedraftnetwork.com? If so, didn't that just start up like within the past 6 months or so? I don't recall that being around even last year. They do put out a lot of scouting reports and mocks, but I don't put more stock in them than I would WithTheFirstPick, CBS, or Walter Football (yet). 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Lindstrom is a guard. He played some tackle struggled and was kicked him back inside the next year.

Not to mention the fact that a TE wasn't a dynamic weapon on either the Dolphins or Rams while Taylor was there.
Maybe he'll surprise me, but I think TE will only be the 4th or 5th option in ZT's offense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention the fact that a TE wasn't a dynamic weapon on either the Dolphins or Rams while Taylor was there.
Maybe he'll surprise me, but I think TE will only be the 4th or 5th option in ZT's offense.

The Rams did go after Eifert in the offseason so I would believe they could use a TE if the had a very talented one.

Have to remember the offenses Brian Callahan came from offenses that used Jared Cook and Julius Thomas even though in his interview he said it's nice to have one of those top TEs but it isnt a must.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hockenson at #11 wouldn't be a stretch for me, however, if you listen to interviews from Taylor and Callahan they might not agree with us.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:24 PM)Synric Wrote: The Rams did go after Eifert in the offseason so I would believe they could use a TE if the had a very talented one.

Have to remember the offenses Brian Callahan came from offenses that used Jared Cook and Julius Thomas even though in his interview he said it's nice to have one of those top TEs but it isnt a must.

I honestly did not hear about this (or remember it at least). But just because they might have gone for him doesn't mean he would have been used as a top 3 weapon.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention the fact that a TE wasn't a dynamic weapon on either the Dolphins or Rams while Taylor was there.

I should have read your post and Synric's post before regurgitating the same thing. 
Reply/Quote
I love Hockenson and if Jonah Willians/Devin White/Ed Oliver are all gone before 11 I'd be ok with having a conversation about drafting him. If the Bengals really want to build this team around Andy again then that offense needs a damn good tight end. Andy has always played his best football with an athletic tight end like Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What is "the draft network?" Do you mean thedraftnetwork.com? If so, didn't that just start up like within the past 6 months or so? I don't recall that being around even last year. They do put out a lot of scouting reports and mocks, but I don't put more stock in them than I would WithTheFirstPick, CBS, or Walter Football (yet). 

Draft Network is trash; they have the same prospect lists and all the crap, splayed up on their site. But none of it is insightful or different than the other crappy sites.

The guy who does the write-ups on 100 players or whatever, (someone posted his comments on Eifert, Ogbuehi, etc., earlier this week) is SUPER insightful, but he has nothing up yet Sad

(03-01-2019, 03:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly did not hear about this (or remember it at least). But just because they might have gone for him doesn't mean he would have been used as a top 3 weapon.

It was widely reported that they and the Bengals were the only people to offer him a contract.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 04:59 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I love Hockenson and if Jonah Willians/Devin White/Ed Oliver are all gone before 11 I'd be ok with having a conversation about drafting him. If the Bengals really want to build this team around Andy again then that offense needs a damn good tight end. Andy has always played his best football with an athletic tight end like Eifert.

I have this weird feeling that the Bengals will look more to Rds 3-5 for TE, and I think Jace Sternberger could be a prime candidate given his solid measurables, he's had a really good season as a pass catcher, and played at TAMU (where Taylor and Turner both coached). 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have this weird feeling that the Bengals will look more to Rds 3-5 for TE, and I think Jace Sternberger could be a prime candidate given his solid measurables, he's had a really good season as a pass catcher, and played at TAMU (where Taylor and Turner both coached). 

Sternberger is probably my favorite mid-round TE. I'd hope he is a guy that they would look at. In the only mock draft I've done so far on here I had them drafting Sternberger in the third round. If the Bengals choose to go LB/OT/IOL/DL the first two rounds then he would be a great pick imo.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 10:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I've been pushing for a TJ Hockenson pick since December at first it was at 42 then at 11...now I think someone will take him top 10.

He's showing up in the top 10 in a lot of recent mocks.  I'm with the OP, if he's there at 11, it'd be hard to pass on him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ur problem is u keep putting him as soley a guard. He's not. Also the draft network has him as a top 20 player so there's that.

As far as fant, he's a much better athlete and a better receiver.

Nope I'm not predicting a guy who primarily plays guard in college to move to tackle.  He's a great guard let him be a great guard in round 2-4 and don't pick him in the top 15 because his arms are 1-2 inches longer than you thought.  

in what universe do we need a 4.4 40 tight end...  The best tight end we have ever had production wise ran a 4.68... 

tyler Eifert  4.68
travis kelce 4.61
Gronk 4.68
Zach Ertz 4.76
greg olsen 4.51
Eric Ebron 4.60
George Kittle 4.52

if he does run a 4.4 than great he can win a foot race, but hock is a much better blocker, his stats as a receiver are better, and he's a year younger who has shown huge progression season to season.   

So hock looks better on tape, he blocks better, and stat wise he's better ( #21 on pff and fant didn't make top 50 )  so yeah im sorry we see the world thru different glasses 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Lindstrom is a guard. He played some tackle struggled and was kicked him back inside the next year.

He played well at tackle. And Taylor said it’s essentially gonna be the same offense.
(03-01-2019, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What is "the draft network?" Do you mean thedraftnetwork.com? If so, didn't that just start up like within the past 6 months or so? I don't recall that being around even last year. They do put out a lot of scouting reports and mocks, but I don't put more stock in them than I would WithTheFirstPick, CBS, or Walter Football (yet). 
They’re not new writer. They’ve been doing this stuff for years, and in scouting circles are widely respected. And yeah they’re new but they’re pretty unanimously respected as the best website out there already

(03-01-2019, 09:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: Nope I'm not predicting a guy who primarily plays guard in college to move to tackle.  He's a great guard let him be a great guard in round 2-4 and don't pick him in the top 15 because his arms are 1-2 inches longer than you thought.  

in what universe do we need a 4.4 40 tight end...  The best tight end we have ever had production wise ran a 4.68... 

tyler Eifert  4.68
travis kelce 4.61
Gronk 4.68
Zach Ertz 4.76
greg olsen 4.51
Eric Ebron 4.60
George Kittle 4.52

if he does run a 4.4 than great he can win a foot race, but hock is a much better blocker, his stats as a receiver are better, and he's a year younger who has shown huge progression season to season.   

So hock looks better on tape, he blocks better, and stat wise he's better ( #21 on pff and fant didn't make top 50 )  so yeah im sorry we see the world thru different glasses 
Lol at you thinking it’s bc he has long arms. He’s been top 20 on mine and the draft networks among others boards for months now. Has a similar grade to will hernandez. And again lmfaoa using stats to scout a player. Anyone with half a brain will tel you can’t is the better pass catcher. Give me an elite pass catching the over a balanced te any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 09:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He played well at tackle. And Taylor said it’s essentially gonna be the same offense.
They’re not new writer. They’ve been doing this stuff for years, and in scouting circles are widely respected. And yeah they’re new but they’re pretty unanimously respected as the best website out there already

Lol at you thinking it’s bc he has long arms. He’s been top 20 on mine and the draft networks among others boards for months now. Has a similar grade to will hernandez. And again lmfaoa using stats to scout a player. Anyone with half a brain will tel you can’t is the better pass catcher. Give me an elite pass catching the over a balanced te any day of the week.

The only name I recognize from TDN is John Ledyard. What makes TDN the best website out there already? Is it the amount of content they put out? Is it how accurate they’ve been previously with their mocks? Is it the scouting reports they do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The only name I recognize from TDN is John Ledyard. What makes TDN the best website out there already? Is it the amount of content they put out? Is it how accurate they’ve been previously with their mocks? Is it the scouting reports they do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of them were already very well known. Couple came from ndt scouting, couple from
Locked on draft podcast, couple from bleacher report.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 10:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Most of them were already very well known. Couple came from ndt scouting, couple from
Locked on draft podcast, couple from bleacher report.

Makes sense why I don't know them then, as I never went to NDT scouting, never listened to Locked on Draft podcast, and I didn't really pay attention to the authors of any BR articles.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote