Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micah Parsons
(01-04-2021, 08:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As I stated before.. part of your drafting is to compete within your division.. and if you look at our division.. LB moves up a notch in priority... and i would say it still one of our weakest areas since we are so young and probably going to lose Byne to FA... If we sign Lawson that lessens pass rush push in 1st round, if we sign a major tackle that lessens tackle at #5 and if we sign Jackson that lessens CB.. now you look at our depth at WR and LB plus our division and it just says LB over WR for me..

I still prefer to trade back  but I support LB as #5 pick unless we get a good one in FA

Man... I see what you are saying about Parson's.

Holy shit dude is shot out of a cannon. At first glance his highlights look better than Devin Bush and White.

And according to Hobson's latest he has the same feelings as you. Fix the D and we can compete.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Man... I see what you are saying about Parson's.

Holy shit dude is shot out of a cannon. At first glance his highlights look better than Devin Bush and White.

And according to Hobson's latest he has the same feelings as you. Fix the D and we can compete.

Well.we need to improve both sides especially the Oline, I do agree Defense still needs improvement especially over WRs though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some really serious character issues are floating around draft circles. Potential for Parsons to fall pretty significantly if teams are to believe some of its true.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Some really serious character issues are floating around draft circles. Potential for Parsons to fall pretty significantly if teams are to believe some of its true.

not what I have been reading, had a fight issue with teammate couple years ago in a report. but since the  I have heard nothing about him doing anything especially this year which is most important.  

Obviously  those that follow teams don;t seemed worried , here a few recent articles and draft opinion.  Interesting  he love to be drafted by Cowboys in a recent instagram message.

https://victorybellrings.com/2021/01/20/nfl-mock-draft-2021-penn-state-football-micah-parsons/

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/01/22/draft-profile-micah-parsons-should-be-high-on-dolphins-list/

https://247sports.com/Article/Micah-Parsons-linked-to-New-England-Patriots-in-NFL-mock-draft-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions--159756170/
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 04:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not what I have been reading, had a fight issue with teammate couple years ago in a report. but since the  I have heard nothing about him doing anything especially this year which is most important.  

Obviously  those that follow teams don;t seemed worried , here a few recent articles and draft opinion.  Interesting  he love to be drafted by Cowboys in a recent instagram message.

https://victorybellrings.com/2021/01/20/nfl-mock-draft-2021-penn-state-football-micah-parsons/

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/01/22/draft-profile-micah-parsons-should-be-high-on-dolphins-list/

https://247sports.com/Article/Micah-Parsons-linked-to-New-England-Patriots-in-NFL-mock-draft-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions--159756170/

It wasn’t quite just a fight. The player that fought Parsons is actually suing Penn State, and names Parsons in the lawsuit. He mentions the fight, fallout from the fight and accuses Parsons of repeated sexual assault and harassment.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/penn-state-football-player-coach-james-franklin-told/story?id=74314780

Humphries and Parsons got into a fight after Parsons poured water on Humphries while he was sleeping. Humphries poured Gatorade on Parsons in retaliation and Parsons punched him and started choking him. Parsons wouldn’t stop choking him, so Humphries pulled out a knife and that led to Parsons stopping.

Humphries told school investigators that Barber and Parsons threatened him, telling him they were "making me a b---- because this is prison" and that Barber said, "I'm gonna Sandusky you," referring to former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky. He also said they would try to place genitalia close to players' faces and simulate sex acts and attempt to touch him in the shower.

None of this is confirmed yet, but there is enough here that teams need to do their due diligence.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 05:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It wasn’t quite just a fight. The player that fought Parsons is actually suing Penn State, and names Parsons in the lawsuit. He mentions the fight, fallout from the fight and accuses Parsons of repeated sexual assault and harassment.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/penn-state-football-player-coach-james-franklin-told/story?id=74314780

Humphries and Parsons got into a fight after Parsons poured water on Humphries while he was sleeping. Humphries poured Gatorade on Parsons in retaliation and Parsons punched him and started choking him. Parsons wouldn’t stop choking him, so Humphries pulled out a knife and that led to Parsons stopping.

Humphries told school investigators that Barber and Parsons threatened him, telling him they were "making me a b---- because this is prison" and that Barber said, "I'm gonna Sandusky you," referring to former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky. He also said they would try to place genitalia close to players' faces and simulate sex acts and attempt to touch him in the shower.

None of this is confirmed yet, but there is enough here that teams need to do their due diligence.

this has been vetted... teams know about incident and nothing but praise about his conduct on and off field since then.... and love the gloss over about why the hell does a player bring a knife to a team session... hmmm 

This is the usual things you start to blow up from years past.. find something over the past year and that would be a bigger concern.. And as i pointed out those that write and follow the NFL don;t mention anything in recent articles this past week
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 05:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It wasn’t quite just a fight. The player that fought Parsons is actually suing Penn State, and names Parsons in the lawsuit. He mentions the fight, fallout from the fight and accuses Parsons of repeated sexual assault and harassment.

Everything that i've read, where Parsons is involved, was just about the fight with Humphries. Parsons poured water on Humphries while he slept and got water on a laptop and his phone, so he poured gatorade on Parsons who then punched and started choking him. At that point, Humphries pulled a pocket knife and Parsons quit. 

There was some talk about Parsons and Barber saying threatening words but all of the sexual stuff seems to be 100% on Barber. 

It seems that more than a couple teammates didn't get along with Humphries and felt he "lied for no reason".

Looks like Barber especially and Parsons less-so, were just really immature back then. Some of that kind of stuff goes on in locker rooms all across the country in college and high school. 

EDIT: somehow i missed where you already posted the link. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 05:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: this has been vetted... teams know about incident and nothing but praise about his conduct on and off field since then.... and love the gloss over about why the hell does a player bring a knife to a team session... hmmm 

This is the usual things you start to blow up from years past.. find something over the past year and that would be a bigger concern.. And as i pointed out those that write and follow the NFL don;t mention anything in recent articles this past week

I pointed out that nothing has been confirmed, so this isn’t an indictment on his character. It is something that he will be grilled on, though, and he should be.

Also, I find it strange that you focus on the knife, rather than Parsons choking him and refusing to quit. That is probably because you are a big fan of Parsons, but that would be the behavior I would want to grill him on. Having a knife can be concerning, but is also fairly normal behavior. I know plenty of people who carry pocket knives around with them. I don’t know many people who start choking someone and refuse to quit.

He could be a great kid and it is completely possible that he has matured since then. That still doesn’t mean there aren’t concerns about his character and that he shouldn’t be questioned on them.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 06:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Everything that i've read, where Parsons is involved, was just about the fight with Humphries. Parsons poured water on Humphries while he slept and got water on a laptop and his phone, so he poured gatorade on Parsons who then punched and started choking him. At that point, Humphries pulled a pocket knife and Parsons quit. 

There was some talk about Parsons and Barber saying threatening words but all of the sexual stuff seems to be 100% on Barber. 

It seems that more than a couple teammates didn't get along with Humphries and felt he "lied for no reason".

Looks like Barber especially and Parsons less-so, were just really immature back then. Some of that kind of stuff goes on in locker rooms all across the country in college and high school. 

EDIT: somehow i missed where you already posted the link. Sad

Yeah, it definitely wasn’t all Parsons and I’m not trying to tear him down. Moreso pointing out that there is reason to have questions about him, and reason to question him.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Some really serious character issues are floating around draft circles. Potential for Parsons to fall pretty significantly if teams are to believe some of its true.

I've heard the same maturity issues and problems in the classroom. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
From what I was told, there MAY be more than what people have seen in terms of character issues. This came from someone pretty connected in scouting circles. Reason he said “may”, was because it’s going to be a his word versus theirs thing that teams will have to decide what to believe.
Reply/Quote
It's a no for me on Parsons if any of this crap is true. I do doubt he is anywhere near Burfict bad however there are great prospects in this range with less baggage.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Taylor won’t draft him because he wants high character guys. The fact that these have any traction at all Tobin won’t select him
Reply/Quote
Yikes. I want absolutely nothing to do with a stack LB at #5 anyway, and this makes the idea of drafting him even less appealing. Hard pass.

Reply/Quote
Sounding more and more like a Detroit Lion after their new HC hire. Plenty of players are doing quite well in this league with a history of sexual issues and fighting issues. I think Parsons should be no exception.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yikes. I want absolutely nothing to do with a stack LB at #5 anyway, and this makes the idea of drafting him even less appealing. Hard pass.

There's just not a lot of justification for Parsons at 5 at this point.  He plays a non-premium position with a steep learning curve that rookies rarely play well at.  He has character concerns.  We have 4 young LB's already that are still early in the development curve.  
Reply/Quote
I would think you probably have to have a few screws loose to be a successful NFL LB. or at least it helps.

How many millions in in your bank account until the average person decides the threat of permanent bodily injury on every snap is not worth it?
Reply/Quote
PFF
@PFF
Micah Parsons played defensive end for the first time since high school…

He had 8 pressures (most by a rookie since Nick Bosa in 2019) ?

[Image: E_sCMb3XEAUcso8?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PFF
@PFF
Micah Parsons played defensive end for the first time since high school…

He had 8 pressures (most by a rookie since Nick Bosa in 2019) ?

[Image: E_sCMb3XEAUcso8?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:59 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Thank you

Not a bad game for an "off ball LB"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote