Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Michael Johnson not expected back
I get that it's not shocking news, but still interesting. He had a good (albeit overpaid at times) run.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/de-michael-johnson-not-expected-to-return-to-bengals

I wonder if Zimmer or the Raiders will go after him?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Guy was a class act and solid citizen. Played some good football here too at times, but, it is time to move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Underrated player while he was here. He is in my made up Bengal ring of honor.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Had a great interception against Miami last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Underrated player while he was here. He is in my made up Bengal ring of honor.

Lol. No
Reply/Quote
We might not have added anyone exciting, but the players people were clamoring to get rid of the most are all gone (Burfict, Johnson, Og).

Now we just need to cut Nickerson.

Reply/Quote
One of my all time favs.
Reply/Quote
We need a new MJ
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol. No

What?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
His dad never found us over here.

Purged with the Mothership board.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So long, MJ. Thanks for the memories.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
talk about a class act. role model.for others. outstanding character. opposite of Adam Jones.
turned out to be a better run stopper than edge rusher in his career.
good mentor for Sam Hubbard.
his leadership will be missed
Reply/Quote
Always seemed like a great person, and was at times a good player. He was ultimately overpaid and probably kept at least a year too long.

I think his career would have been a better one if he hadn't gotten jerked around so much in the beginning by Marvin, swapping back and forth between LB and DE all the way until a DE injury forced him into full-time DE in his third season despite not having prepared for it in the offseason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: talk about a class act. role model.for others. outstanding character. opposite of Adam Jones.
turned out to be a better run stopper than edge rusher in his career.
good mentor for Sam Hubbard.
his leadership will be missed

MJ and Geno's reaction to Pacman shoving Porter, and bumping the ref at the end of the playoff meltdown was priceless.

Always liked MJ. I think some of us forget how good he was from 2011-2013. He just didn't seem the same once he came back from Tampa Bay.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He had that one great year before leaving for TB only to return the following year. I thought his character was better than him as a player in his overall career.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 11:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: His dad never found us over here.

Purged with the Mothership board.

I forgot about his dad's posts.  I always enjoyed that.  Too bad.  I also liked  Bengal Sis, who was always making a case for her brother, Shane Graham.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:39 AM)jason Wrote: MJ and Geno's reaction to Pacman shoving Porter, and bumping the ref at the end of the playoff meltdown was priceless.

Always liked MJ. I think some of us forget how good he was from 2011-2013. He just didn't seem the same once he came back from Tampa Bay.

Yeah, if you remember, when Carlos got his 1st big contract, they tried to sign MJ first... I hope Zim picks him up, he is a total class act and represented himself, the organization and the city very well....
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Always seemed like a great person, and was at times a good player. He was ultimately overpaid and probably kept at least a year too long.

I think his career would have been a better one if he hadn't gotten jerked around so much in the beginning by Marvin, swapping back and forth between LB and DE all the way until a DE injury forced him into full-time DE in his third season despite not having prepared for it in the offseason.

My exact thoughts.  The guy had talent.  Some was wasted early in his career.  Overpaid and kept too long.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, if you remember, when Carlos got his 1st big contract, they tried to sign MJ first... I hope Zim picks him up, he is a total class act and represented himself, the organization and the city very well....

When MJ got waived by the Bucs...he visited us and Minnesotta. Zimmer DID NOT want him to get back on the plane.

That said, he's kind of underperformed from a pass rushing perspective here in his 2nd stint.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need a new MJ

Johnson was a steady player here. Teams need lunch pail guys like MJ to succeed. While he did not put up big sack numbers, he also was not the weakness of the defense.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote