Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the German Market be big for the Bengals?
(06-14-2021, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Speaking of that. Back in '87, the day before i got married i went home that night and before going to sleep i watched two movies. 

Dog day afternoon with Pacino and Crocodile Dundee. 

The last 2 movies i ever watched as a free man. 

Well those are two very different movies
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Speaking of that. Back in '87, the day before i got married i went home that night and before going to sleep i watched two movies. 

Dog day afternoon with Pacino and Crocodile Dundee. 

The last 2 movies i ever watched as a free man. 

Well those are two very different movies
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 09:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know... seems like you have thousands of animals that are just out to kill people; and also, you allegedly put shrimps on a barbecue and call it barbie, which is just a plethora of no-gos.

Also, we have Germans nearby - apparently Cincinnatians appreciate that - and we serve actual beer instead of Foster's.

The whole time zone thing gets real tricky too.

the hofbrauhaus  is what i imagine heaven looks like. lol
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 03:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No he’s from Scranton. Used to work at a paper company or something.

Hes got a Famous BROTHER!!!!!.....    oddly they never co-starred a film...

Lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh you're going off the movie. A lot of Americans make that mistake.  I phrased it the way the natives would actually say it.

Wait, rfaulk isn't an american?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 02:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhh. So Paul Hogan isn't really an Aussie. 

He does a damn good accent though.  Cool

Crocodile Dundee is one of my faves of all time.

Paul Hogan rocks man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 05:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wait, rfaulk isn't an american?

He just playin' Aussie mate... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 05:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wait, rfaulk isn't an american?

(06-14-2021, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He just playin' Aussie mate... Smirk

Hey! I'm as Aussie as the next guy...that isn't really Aussie, ya yabbo's.  Smirk

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 10:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey! I'm as Aussie as the next guy...that isn't really Aussie, ya yabbo's.  Smirk

Yobbos
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 08:34 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Yobbos

DAMMIT!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 04:12 PM)Deacon Wrote: I've generally known the German people to be highly concerned with status. Qualifications, certifications, many have countless advanced degrees and it's not considered boasting to be proud of those acclaims. That said, I have to think the common perception would be that we're not really a team worth following.

I'd *like* it if there were some international support for our boys due to the city's German roots, but I just wouldn't describe Germans as particularly sentimental.

Not to say there aren't some that might be interested purely for sentimental reasons. I just think the general perception is that they're getting the Bengals because we're too poor off to buck the whims of the League. Especially in light of how often we've already played in the UK.

It's funny you say that.  I spent 9 months working for a small company headquartered in Germany.  I couldn't spend another minute there.  The egos were terrifying.  Hollodero would be pleased to know I much prefer the Austrian personality and quite frankly even the beer (outside of Bavaria, perhaps).  I spent 4 months in Austria during college and loved it.  The people especially were so nice.  I was in Germany a couple of years ago for 3 weeks with that company and was dying to go home.  The only saving grace of that trip was the weekend I drove into France to visit extended family I'd never met.  THAT was hospitality like none other. 

Australia would be intriguing, but I think the travel would be a challenge.  They'd almost need a second bye week I'd think to make it happen given the rigid schedules they have during the season.  I do love the thought of expanding the market and gaining more fans globally, though.  American Football is just one of those sports that's not gotten the global foothold or interest that other sports have.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 02:13 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's funny you say that.  I spent 9 months working for a small company headquartered in Germany.  I couldn't spend another minute there.  The egos were terrifying.  Hollodero would be pleased to know I much prefer the Austrian personality and quite frankly even the beer (outside of Bavaria, perhaps).  I spent 4 months in Austria during college and loved it.  The people especially were so nice.  I was in Germany a couple of years ago for 3 weeks with that company and was dying to go home.  The only saving grace of that trip was the weekend I drove into France to visit extended family I'd never met.  THAT was hospitality like none other. 

Australia would be intriguing, but I think the travel would be a challenge.  They'd almost need a second bye week I'd think to make it happen given the rigid schedules they have during the season.  I do love the thought of expanding the market and gaining more fans globally, though.  American Football is just one of those sports that's not gotten the global foothold or interest that other sports have.  

Really the best way to play an NFL game in Australia would be to have it open the season the week before the season starts, the teams fly out here and are the only game that weekend, make it a big event game. They return home and that following week is week 1 of the season and the 2 teams that opened the season don't play that weekend as they already played their week 1 games the week before.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 02:25 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Really the best way to play an NFL game in Australia would be to have it open the season the week before the season starts, the teams fly out here and are the only game that weekend, make it a big event game. They return home and that following week is week 1 of the season and the 2 teams that opened the season don't play that weekend as they already played their week 1 games the week before.

That's rational.  I think it would be cool for all involved.  
Reply/Quote