Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along
(03-20-2016, 04:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The statement was also made as an obvious, tongue in cheek, exaggeration while he was talking about how loyal his voters are.  It's like his baiting the hook with restricting the media and relaxing libel laws.  People like Fred can't wait to swallow the hook whole.  It's partially why I find all of this so amusing.  trump is trolling the hell out of so many people and the vast majority don't seem to get it at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/donald-trump-shoot-somebody-support/

That anyone could watch that and draw Fred's conclusion saddens me.

Thanks for another example I can add to my list.

"He wasn't serious when he said he learned about foreign policy by watching TV."

"He wasn't serious when he said he saw thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City N.J. celebrating when the World Trade Center collapsed."

"He wasn't serious when he tweeted that 16% of whites are killed by whites while 82% percent of whites are killed by blacks"

"He wasn't serious when he said it was easy for Syrian Muslims to come to the United States while Syrian Christians were not allowed."

"He wasn't serious when he said the United States was the most taxed nation on earth."

"He was not serious when he said our gross domestic product was zero"

"He was not serious when he said that Syrian refugees were being sent to states with Republican Governors instead of Democrats."

"He was not serious when he said he would deport all undocumented immigrants within 2 years (which would require over 16,000 deportations every single day)"

"He was not serious when he said Obama wanted to bring in 250,000 Syrian immigrants (when the actual number the administration committed to accepting was 10,000)"

"He wasn't serious when he claimed he met Putin when both were on 60 Minutes"

"He was not serious when he claimed that China had used its influence to get the best deal in the Trans-Pacific trade Partnership agreement (even though China WAS NOT EVEN A PARTY in the TPP)  Hilarious Hilarious

"He was not serious when he claimed he did not know who David Duke was."

"He was not serious when he said labor costs in the United states are too high."

"He was not serious when he claimed that protestors at his functions "deserve" to get beaten."

"He was not serious when he said he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it."

So let me repeat.  I don't care how much education you claim some of his followers have.  If they do not realize that THEY are the ones being trolled then they are rubes.

The guy is either a compulsive liar or completely clueless (probably both).  Anyone that is following him at this point would obviously continue to support him if he shot a man in the street because "He was not serious."
(03-20-2016, 05:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Still, the phrase was chosen carefully.  I honestly think you'd get more flack for saying you'd kick a dog than you would saying you'd shoot a man.

I don't know that carefully is a word I'd use to describe anything Trump does but I get your point.

(03-20-2016, 06:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for another example I can add to my list.

"He wasn't serious when he said he learned about foreign policy by watching TV."

"He wasn't serious when he said he saw thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City N.J. celebrating when the World Trade Center collapsed."

"He wasn't serious when he tweeted that 16% of whites are killed by whites while 82% percent of whites are killed by blacks"

"He wasn't serious when he said it was easy for Syrian Muslims to come to the United States while Syrian Christians were not allowed."

"He wasn't serious when he said the United States was the most taxed nation on earth."

"He was not serious when he said our gross domestic product was zero"

"He was not serious when he said that Syrian refugees were being sent to states with Republican Governors instead of Democrats."

"He was not serious when he said he would deport all undocumented immigrants within 2 years (which would require over 16,000 deportations every single day)"

"He was not serious when he said Obama wanted to bring in 250,000 Syrian immigrants (when the actual number the administration committed to accepting was 10,000)"

"He wasn't serious when he claimed he met Putin when both were on 60 Minutes"

"He was not serious when he claimed that China had used its influence to get the best deal in the Trans-Pacific trade Partnership agreement (even though China WAS NOT EVEN A PARTY in the TPP)  Hilarious Hilarious

"He was not serious when he claimed he did not know who David Duke was."

"He was not serious when he said labor costs in the United states are too high."

"He was not serious when he claimed that protestors at his functions "deserve" to get beaten."

"He was not serious when he said he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it."

So let me repeat.  I don't care how much education you claim some of his followers have.  If they do not realize that THEY are the ones being trolled then they are rubes.

The guy is either a compulsive liar or completely clueless (probably both).  Anyone that is following him at this point would obviously continue to support him if he shot a man in the street because "He was not serious."

Chortle, you're so serious about trying to "win" you don't even understand the discussion.  Trump is a political neophyte, his policy positions are going to reflect that.  He's a marketing expert, he know how to get his name in the news and keep it there.  His statements are going to reflect that.  He's most certainly whipping up emotions and playing on the disaffected and anxious.  The whole dog and pony show is so easy to comprehend if you're not too busy trying to score internet points debating it.
(03-20-2016, 06:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know that carefully is a word I'd use to describe anything Trump does but I get your point.

Chortle, you're so serious about trying to "win" you don't even understand the discussion.  Trump is a political neophyte, his policy positions are going to reflect that.  He's a marketing expert, he know how to get his name in the news and keep it there.  His statements are going to reflect that.  He's most certainly whipping up emotions and playing on the disaffected and anxious.  The whole dog and pony show is so easy to comprehend if you're not too busy trying to score internet points debating it.

i 100% understand exactly what he is doing.  He is playing to the rubes.

I have hinted that Trump is stupid, but I don't actually believe that.  I agree with you that he is a brilliant marketer.  He knows exactly how to dupe all the rubes into following him.

What shocks me is the people who claim they know what he is doing, but still support him.  Why would anyone willingly fall for this dog and pony show?

"I know he is lying.  I know he is trolling.  I know his whole act is a dog and pony show.  .  .  .  .  and that is why i support him."
(03-20-2016, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: i 100% understand exactly what he is doing.  He is playing to the rubes.

I have hinted that Trump is stupid, but I don't actually believe that.  I agree with you that he is a brilliant marketer.  He knows exactly how to dupe all the rubes into following him.

What shocks me is the people who claim they know what he is doing, but still support him.  Why would anyone willingly fall for this dog and pony show?

"I know he is lying.  I know he is trolling.  I know his whole act is a dog and pony show.  .  .  .  .  and that is why i support him."

Disaffected and anxious does not equal rubes.  Here, again, is where you go off the rails.  By labeling these people "rubes" you discount their legitimate concerns and invalidate their grievances.  It's ugly stereotyping that wouldn't be remotely tolerated if you replaced the term rubes with many other pejoratives.    I'd, quite easily, argue that most of his supporters simply appreciate the fact that he acknowledges their concerns and isn't more obsessed with keeping the party elite in power than addressing their grievances.  He may be a policy neophyte, he may be intentionally inflammatory, but to many he actually says what many think and never speak.  Doubt his sincerity, that I can understand, but doubting why so many find his candidacy appealing is disingenuous or foolish.
(03-20-2016, 09:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Here, again, is where you go off the rails.  By labeling these people "rubes" you discount their legitimate concerns and invalidate their grievances. 

No I don't.  Not at all.  In fact i share many of their grievances.  They are just rubes to believe that Trump is the answer to any of their grievances.

Look, I am concerned about the problem of poverty in America.  That does not mean I am going to start fawning over a candidate that claims he will build a city of gold on the moon for the poor people to move to.  Just because he claims he shares my grievance does not mean I have to blindly believe everything he says.

"I know he is lying, but I like the way he says it. Derp!"
(03-20-2016, 09:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I don't.  Not at all.  In fact i share many of their grievances.  They are just rubes to believe that Trump is the answer to any of their grievances.

Look, I am concerned about the problem of poverty in America.  That does not mean I am going to start fawning over a candidate that claims he will build a city of gold on the moon for the poor people to move to.  Just because he claims he shares my grievance does not mean I have to blindly believe everything he says.

"I know he is lying, but I like the way he says it. Derp!"

This pretty much applies to every candidate and their supporters.
(03-20-2016, 10:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This pretty much applies to every candidate and their supporters.

No it doesn't.

Even though lots of people will claim that they believe all politicians are liars in the past one of the most important qualities for a candidate was his ability to appear truthful and sincere.  But with Trump people are actually saying that they don't care if he is lying.  I have never seen anything like it.
(03-21-2016, 01:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No it doesn't.

Even though lots of people will claim that they believe all politicians are liars in the past one of the most important qualities for a candidate was his ability to appear truthful and sincere.  But with Trump people are actually saying that they don't care if he is lying.  I have never seen anything like it.

It's quite brilliant, really.  I think it just comes down to people mistaking the envy they have of his ability to say and do whatever he wants without repercussion for admiration that he says and does whatever he wants.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-20-2016, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete lie and I challenge you to post a link to any thread where I have refused to answer this question. This is Brad-level childishness.  

Yes.  i have no problem saying that every person who supports Trump is rube.  There is not other explanation.  When TRUMP HIMSELF calls his own followers rubes ("I could shoot a man in the middle of the street and they would still support me.") then I have no problem agreeing with him.

Meet a Rube:

http://news.yahoo.com/who-s-really-voting-for-trump---portraits-beyond-the-polls-061622809.html?nf=1#

Quote:As a student at Harvard Law school during the early 2000’s, Delgado said her conservative views regularly led to “heated” exchanges with her largely liberal classmates and professors. Sometimes, the Ivy Leaguers were just “perplexed” that one of their own could be a Republican. Delgado said she encounters similarly incredulous reactions now when people find out she supports Donald Trump.

“People will genuinely ask you this as though it’s not an insult, ‘They’ll be like, but AJ, you’re smart. … So, how do you like Trump?’”
Delgado knows there’s a “stereotype” for Trump supporters — white, male, uneducated. And, as a Cuban-American, with platinum blonde hair, a wardrobe of glamorous frocks, and her Harvard degree, she’s its polar opposite.

And Delgado clearly relishes challenging people who have negative views of Trump and his supporters. In person, in columns for a slew of media outlets, regular appearances on Fox News, and her Twitter page, Delgado regularly unleashes detailed defenses of the man she called “Donald the Dream” during a conversation with Yahoo News last Friday. Contrary to the stereotype, she sees Trump as the “thinking man’s candidate.”

If you’re an intelligent person, you would be supporting Trump because it would mean you’ve actually researched the difference between fair trade and free trade. It would mean you actually understand the nuances of foreign policy and why you want somebody who has some of an interventionist bent if America’s threatened ... but is also not reflexively interventionist,” Delgado explained.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-24-2016, 01:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meet a Rube:

http://news.yahoo.com/who-s-really-voting-for-trump---portraits-beyond-the-polls-061622809.html?nf=1#

OMG she is a joke.  here is the first thing by her that popped up when I googled "Delgado Defends Trump"

http://aj-delgado.com/2015/11/20/no-donald-trump-did-not-say-hes-in-favor-of-a-registrationdatabase-of-all-muslims-in-the-u-s/

In it she gives a direct quote of a conversation Trump had and then defends him by saying he did not know what he was talking about or misunderstood the reporters question.  Basically, "I know he said 'X' but he really meant 'Y'."

She may not be a rube, but only a rube would fall for her argument.
(03-24-2016, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: OMG she is a joke.  here is the first thing by her that popped up when I googled "Delgado Defends Trump"

http://aj-delgado.com/2015/11/20/no-donald-trump-did-not-say-hes-in-favor-of-a-registrationdatabase-of-all-muslims-in-the-u-s/

In it she gives a direct quote of a conversation Trump had and then defends him by saying he did not know what he was talking about or misunderstood the reporters question.  Basically, "I know he said 'X' but he really meant 'Y'."

She may not be a rube, but only a rube would fall for her argument.
...or she could be putting things into context. but keep up with the every Trump supporter is a ignorant rube stance. It looks good on you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-24-2016, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or she could be putting things into context. but keep up with the every Trump supporter is a ignorant rube stance. It looks good on you.

Uh, No.  She is doing the opposite of that.  She is taking his commenst completely out of context.  that is the only possible explanation for her theory that trump was talking about Muslims "entering the United States instead of already in the United States" because his actual words do not say ANYTHING like that at all..

Again, she may not be a rube but only a rube would fall for her arguments.  "He never really said this, but it is whatt he really means."