Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle finger protected by the constitution
(03-15-2019, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't think if as passive-aggressive.  I think of it as expressing my feelings about the situation/person.  And even those situations don't require getting up in their face.

It's also how you don't get shot.  

I see.

So, you are scared?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-15-2019, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think of it as expressing my feelings about the situation/person.  

Typically, police are just doing their jobs.

I tend to not flip people off just for doing their job, even if they're doing it poorly. If I order a plain cheeseburger and it comes with ketchup, I don't flip off the fry cook. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-15-2019, 04:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I see.

So, you are scared?

Not necessarily.  Maybe afraid that the other person would irrationally resort to lethal violence if they thought they could get away with it.

(03-15-2019, 04:57 PM)Benton Wrote: Typically, police are just doing their jobs.

I tend to not flip people off just for doing their job, even if they're doing it poorly. If I order a plain cheeseburger and it comes with ketchup, I don't flip off the fry cook. 

True.  And I agree.  And sometimes people deserve to get the bird flipped for other reasons.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-15-2019, 10:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not necessarily.  Maybe afraid that the other person would irrationally resort to lethal violence if they thought they could get away with it.

Dang it!

I must be 'the other person'.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-15-2019, 10:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Next time she needs assistance from a LEO I hope they don't give her the finger

Bfine understands police.  Some of them hate the Constitution and will punish people for exercising their freedoms.
(03-15-2019, 11:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Dang it!

I must be 'the other person'.

I want to be clear I wouldn't flip off an officer doing their job.  But the ones that fly down the road at 80mph in a 50 with no lights on might see one finger as they blow by.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-15-2019, 09:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess my one question for this case in particular is if he's allowed to do what he did without the middle finger. Can he cite her for a lesser offense, and then afterwards decide he really should have cited her for the more serious? I mean he didn't cite her for giving him the finger he cited her for speeding. Assuming he didn't make the speeding part up, I'm just wondering if this is the right case for this.

Had he cited her for the more serious offense afterwards, I'm sure a defense attorney would argue it for a long time and call it "arbitrary and capricious" and get the more serious offense thrown out in favor of the lesser. The action in between the first citation and the second is what makes all of the difference. I mean, we could argue that the logic in saying the second citation was because of the middle finger is post hoc ergo propter hoc, but that will likely be hammered in the civil trial.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-15-2019, 04:57 PM)Benton Wrote: Typically, police are just doing their jobs.

What if the person is just being a dick? I mean, anyone can deserve the bird if that's the case. Even copes can do their jobs without being dicks.

I don't know whether this particular cop was being a dick, though, so I am not arguing that he deserved a bird flip.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR