Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrant dispute pushing Germans to far right .
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11966006/Migrant-dispute-between-conservative-parties-pushing-Germans-to-far-Right.html

Hmmm ....
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/01/world/europe/german-village-of-102-braces-for-750-asylum-seekers.html?referer=http://drudgereport.com/

German Village of 102 braces for 750 asylum seekers.  

Quote:In early October, the district government informed Sumte’s mayor, Christian Fabel, by email that his village of 102 people just over the border in what was once Communist East Germany would take in 1,000 asylum seekers.

His wife, the mayor said, assured him it must be a hoax. “It certainly can’t be true” that such a small, isolated place would be asked to accommodate nearly 10 times as many migrants as it had residents, she told him. “She thought it was a joke,” he said.

But it was not. Sumte has become a showcase of the extreme pressures bearing down on Germany as it scrambles to find shelter for what, by the end of the year, could be well over a million people seeking refuge from poverty or wars in Africa, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

And now for the Nazi to weigh In....  

Quote:One of the few people, in fact, who seem enthusiastic about the plan for Sumte is Holger Niemann, 32, an admirer of Hitler and the lone neo-Nazi on the elected district council. He rejoices at the opportunities the migrant crisis has offered.

“It is bad for the people, but politically it is good for me,” Mr. Niemann said of the plan, which would leave the German villagers outnumbered by migrants by more than seven to one.

Germans face “the destruction of our genetic heritage” and risk becoming “a gray mishmash,” Mr. Niemann added, predicting that public anxiety over Ms. Merkel’s open-armed welcome to refugees would help demolish a postwar political consensus in Germany built on moderation and compromise.

And the communist will also weigh in on the Nazi... And democracy

Quote:Reinhold Schlemmer, a former Communist who served as the mayor here before and immediately after the collapse of East Germany, said people like Mr. Niemann would “have been put in prison right away” during the Communist era.

“Now they can stand up and preach,” he said. “People say this is democracy, but I don’t think it is democracy to let Nazis say what they want.”

And the best part of all this ...   No police, no schools.  

Quote:Sumte has no shops, no police station, no school. The initial number of arrivals was, in fact, reduced to avoid straining the local sewage system and give time for new pumps to be installed.

“We have zero infrastructure here for so many people,” Mr. Fabel, the mayor, said.
That is absolutely absurd, unless there is abundant farmland there that will be utilized (come spring).
I would also hope they add a military security detail for the refugee's and citizen's sake.
(11-01-2015, 08:43 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: That is absolutely absurd, unless there is abundant farmland there that will be utilized (come spring).
I would also hope they add a military security detail for the refugee's and citizen's sake.

The federal government will foot the bill.  This was just a convenient location.

As for the original post, while it is true that the refugee issue will be a big problem in Germany, there is no proof that it is going to allow the Nazi's to rise back into power.  So far there have just been a few small groups claiming this.  There have been no sweeping victories in elections by the Nazi party.
(11-01-2015, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The federal government will foot the bill.  This was just a convenient location.

As for the original post, while it is true that the refugee issue will be a big problem in Germany, there is no proof that it is going to allow the Nazi's to rise back into power.  So far there have just been a few small groups claiming this.  There have been no sweeping victories in elections by the Nazi party.

Yes I am sure the government will for the bill of making up camps for the refugees to stay.... Lord knows we can always trust the Germans to set up camps for specific groups of people.

Nothing to see here lol
Pegida is 30 000 people. Germany has 80 millions people.

You should go in Germany and ask people what they thing about nazis ... Who do you think they are ?

Stop telling how the europeans should treat or act with migrants. It's disrespectful and none of your business.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(11-01-2015, 08:10 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Pegida is 30 000 people. Germany has 80 millions people.

You should go in Germany and ask people what they thing about nazis ... Who do you think they are ?

Stop telling how the europeans should treat or act with migrants. It's disrespectful and none of your business.

Yes all the news reports and videos don't quote tell the story.

There is a massive migrant/anti immigration movement all over Europe.

I believe the Hungary PM called it an invading army....
And nowhere did I say Germany was pro Nazi btw
I live in Europe for 45 years ... Thanks for letting me know what happens in our countries.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(11-01-2015, 08:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I live in Europe for 45 years ... Thanks for letting me know what happens in our countries.

So your news reports are false?

And like I said .... Where have I ever said the Nazi's were coming back to power?

You can't tell me that there is no anti immigrant movement in Europe at all.
It's a few people. I would be surprised if you could put Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia on a world map.

I don't open a thread every time a cop is killing someone in USA.

We are more welcoming than you think.

(11-01-2015, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The federal government will foot the bill.  This was just a convenient location.

It appears to be convenient, but I wonder how such a small village comes to have 23 vacant office buildings ?

I think Lucie's point was not so much about Nazism rising back to power, but just the fact that it is allowed to be discussed so freely now and that many people are.
If I'm not mistaken, you could be jailed for discussing it or throwing a salute up, not too long ago.

Stop reading british tabloïds, this is not reliable source.

English journalists better wash their own butt. There is no Londonistan in Germany. Most of the worse djihadist callers are indeed living in England.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/wcva/londonstan.htm

(11-02-2015, 01:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Stop reading british tabloïds, this is not reliable source.

English journalists better wash their own butt. There is no Londonistan in Germany. Most of the worse djihadist callers are indeed living in England.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/wcva/londonstan.htm

I've noticed that a lot of the news sources people over here use for Europe are either tabloids or just British. The problem is that British news is just as bad as American in many ways. There are some much better sources. Looking for something from the country you want news about is the best bet. Most countries will have some good news sources that will print in English. Or just use a translation tool. It won't be as good, but you can usually figure it out.
(11-01-2015, 07:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes I am sure the government will for the bill of making up camps for the refugees to stay....  Lord knows we can always trust the Germans to set up camps for specific groups of people.  

Nothing to see here lol
^^^ hey Bonnie and Phil...  Funny stuff like this is what got him the boot.

Having said that, I agree with Art Bandini on this one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-02-2015, 01:01 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It's a few people. I would be surprised if you could put Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia on a world map.

I don't open a thread every time a cop is killing someone in USA.

We are more welcoming than you think.

1. Never said you were not welcoming. Just said there is a backlash of anti immigrant across Europe . There is also a faction of anti EU.

2. You don't have to post about a cop killing here, there is always 5 threads about it by one of these progressives.

3. And I could place a map of Europe well enough. I love Europeans, I revel in our history and connections to Europe both personally, my family, and our nation.
(11-02-2015, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: ^^^ hey Bonnie and Phil...  Funny stuff like this is what got him the boot.

Having said that, I agree with Art Bandini on this one.

No that wasn't why....

Posted above in that quoted post is just stating history and acknowledging their roll in that history.
(11-05-2015, 12:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Posted above in that quoted post  is just stating history and acknowledging their roll in that history.

What are you trying to say here?  Buy a keyboard and save us all a lot of time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-05-2015, 12:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Never said you were not welcoming.   Just said there is a backlash of anti immigrant across Europe .  There is also a faction of anti EU.  

2. You don't have to post about a cop killing here, there is always 5 threads about it by one of these progressives.  

3.  And I could place a map of Europe well enough.   I love Europeans, I revel in our history and connections to Europe both personally, my family, and our nation.

Yes there is so many people thinking so many different things. There is 750 millions people living in Europe ...

Thank you Captain Obvious !!

BTW, I suppose you are a native american if you have a problem with people migrating ? 

(11-05-2015, 12:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   Posted above in that quoted post  is just stating history and acknowledging their roll in that history.

I am not aware that Germany was well known for helping refugees by building camps for them.

When has this happened before?