Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown
I just don't get how one person can be this stupid and ignorant for nearly 30 freaking years. Least amount of scouts, no indoor facility, refusing to cut head cases, devauling positions for no reason what's so ever. We suck because of him; he doesn't get football and he doesn't get life in general. The thing that pisses me off the most is that players and coaches that are well respected around the league have turned to laughing stocks because of him. This decade should have been ours but it hasn't been because he sticks to these outdated theories and principal's that just don't make sense. I know it's been said 1000 times but that guy is a dumbass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:21 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I just don't get how one person can be this stupid and ignorant for nearly 30 freaking years. Least amount of scouts, no indoor facility, refusing to cut head cases, devauling positions for no reason what's so ever. We suck because of him; he doesn't get football and he doesn't get life in general.  The thing that pisses me off the most is that players and coaches that are well respected around the league have turned to laughing stocks because of him. This decade should have been ours but it hasn't been because he sticks to these outdated theories and principal's that just don't make sense.  I know it's been said 1000 times but that guy is a dumbass.

Mike Brown is the poster boy for a 100% inheritance tax. He could not be any more opposite than his father in any and all ways.

Mike Brown says he runs the team just like his father. I say his father would not have done a single thing Mikey boy has done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:21 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I just don't get how one person can be this stupid and ignorant for nearly 30 freaking years. Least amount of scouts, no indoor facility, refusing to cut head cases, devauling positions for no reason what's so ever. We suck because of him; he doesn't get football and he doesn't get life in general.  The thing that pisses me off the most is that players and coaches that are well respected around the league have turned to laughing stocks because of him. This decade should have been ours but it hasn't been because he sticks to these outdated theories and principal's that just don't make sense.  I know it's been said 1000 times but that guy is a dumbass.

I've been a locksmith for just under 30 years. I've dealt with 10s of thousands of people and there's one thing you need to understand about human beings. People that just don't seem to get common sense, are not all that uncommon. 

Not by a long shot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You cant fix stupid
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown is the poster boy for a 100% inheritance tax. He could not be any more opposite than his father in any and all ways.

Mike Brown says he runs the team just like his father. I say his father would not have done a single thing Mikey boy has done.

Well, as of 2017, there is one thing. Keep the team in Cincy....
But that is the entire list
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:21 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: This decade should have been ours but it hasn't been because he sticks to these outdated theories and principal's 

I am not trying to troll anything personal, but how were the Bengals supposed to be the team of the decade when they always have the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Broncos standing in their way just in the AFC? 

Marvin Lewis should have been replaced 5 years ago and the best player on the team got ejected yesterday.

They have not won a playoff game this century maybe?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 03:39 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well, as of 2017, there is one thing.  Keep the team in Cincy....
But that is the entire list

Well, this is what pisses me off about Mike Brown. He's extremely serious, passionate and driven when it comes to the business side of things...but doesn't apply those same traits to the football side.

When he was threatening to move to Baltimore if he didn't get his sweetheart stadium deal, he said - 

"We're not going to sit idly by and accept a grossly inferior situation, one that risks our very existence as a business."
"If nothing is done here quickly, our intention would be to take whatever action we think is best for our ballclub."

Imagine if he applied that same mindset when it comes to all aspects of the franchise, and not just profits and revenues.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, this is what pisses me off about Mike Brown. He's extremely serious, passionate and driven when it comes to the business side of things...but doesn't apply those same traits to the football side.

When he was threatening to move to Baltimore if he didn't get his sweetheart stadium deal, he said - 

"We're not going to sit idly by and accept a grossly inferior situation, one that risks our very existence as a business."
"If nothing is done here quickly, our intention would be to take whatever action we think is best for our ballclub."

Imagine if he applied that same mindset when it comes to all aspects of the franchise, and not just profits and revenues.  Whatever

Yep.

If he threatened to leave again, the citizens of this city would be lining up to help him pack.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
At the end of the day Mike is the owner and you cant replace him. so stop Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:30 PM)nickndfl Wrote: I am not trying to troll anything personal, but how were the Bengals supposed to be the team of the decade when they always have the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Broncos standing in their way just in the AFC? 

Marvin Lewis should have been replaced 5 years ago and the best player on the team got ejected yesterday.

They have not won a playoff game this century maybe?

We had the best roster in the NFL for a period of time if Mike would have let the front office sign a center or an speed Rusher during that time maybe this team would have won the super bowl. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown is the poster boy for a 100% inheritance tax. He could not be any more opposite than his father in any and all ways.

You make a great point, without even realizing it.  Paul Brown never had to deal with things like unrestricted free agency.  So, Mike is trying to run the team like Paul did, but that was a different era, a different set of rules.

I can't speak for how Paul Brown would have adapted to modern free agency, but I'm guessing that he may have learned to embrace it a little better than his son has chosen to do.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You make a great point, without even realizing it.  Paul Brown never had to deal with things like unrestricted free agency.  So, Mike is trying to run the team like Paul did, but that was a different era, a different set of rules.

I can't speak for how Paul Brown would have adapted to modern free agency, but I'm guessing that he may have learned to embrace it a little better than his son has chosen to do.

PB hated Free Agency.  He was there at the beginning of it and it dismantled his first SB team, with help from the USFL.  And this is what Mike has clung to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He is a business man with a business mind.

He does NOT have a football mind whatsoever. His dad had a brilliant football mind ..... that, in and of itself, is the difference!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, this is what pisses me off about Mike Brown. He's extremely serious, passionate and driven when it comes to the business side of things...but doesn't apply those same traits to the football side.

This was during the time period when Mike Brown was actively hoarding cash back to buy out minority owners. The team was the worst in the league. Mike’s only goal was to build the cash up. Whether that was in Cincy, Baltimore, or somewhere else was irrelevant.

The sad thing is for as shrewd as business tactician he is, he’s an equally terrible GM and personnel evaluator.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 12:17 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He is a business man with a business mind.

He does NOT have a football mind whatsoever.  His dad had a brilliant football mind ..... that, in and of itself, is the difference!!

Shouldn't a business man understand  that winning football games will make you more money? All I from people is how he is a great business man but if the Bengals were a great franchise wouldn't they be worth more money?
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We had the best roster in the NFL for a period of time if Mike would have let the front office sign a center or an speed Rusher during that time maybe this team would have won the super bowl. 

Did you hear that propaganda on CNN?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You make a great point, without even realizing it.  Paul Brown never had to deal with things like unrestricted free agency.  So, Mike is trying to run the team like Paul did, but that was a different era, a different set of rules.

Free agency is not why the Bengals have sucked since Mikey boy took over. That's Mikey boy's justification as to why he has sucked.

Here are the facts about Paul Brown:

1. Paul Brown had to deal with many things, but he always looked to find an inventive solution to what he was presented with. He never said, "Oh, look the rules have changed and I can't cope, so let's suck now," which is all that Mikey boy has ever done.

2. Paul was running the newly founded Cleveland Browns. He went up against the best team the NFL had and beat them with a passing games the NFL had never seen before.

3. After that he was put down by the NFL because his offense was just finesse and it won't last. So what does Paul do the next season? He goes out and beats the NFL team by running the ball every single down of the game and winning.

4. Players get hurt in the face. He invents the facemask.

5. Big armed QB Greg Cook gets injured and new QB has limited passing range. He invents Ohio River Offense Bill Walsh, which later becomes the West Coast Offense.

6. He wants to call the plays from the sidelines, but doesn't want the other team stealing the signals. He has radio receivers placed in QB's helmet, which then gets outlawed, but is not standard.

7. Paul had players he wanted to keep in Cleveland, but there weren't roster spots for them. So one of the other owners owned a taxi cab company and those players were employed by that company to stay in Cleveland. It was called the Taxi Squad, which eventually led to the NFL's practice squad.

8. Paul wanted players to learn the game, so he started teaching them in a classroom setting. No one had done that before.

9. He invented the play book.

What the F-- has Mikey boy invented?????

Nothing

Paul Brown would have come up with a great solution for free agency because he was just the kind of guy who would keep working at it until he figured out how to work it.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:24 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Did you hear that propaganda on CNN?

No from your mom last night
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Free agency is not why the Bengals have sucked since Mikey boy took over. That's Mikey boy's justification as to why he has sucked.

Here are the facts about Paul Brown:

1. Paul Brown had to deal with many things, but he always looked to find an inventive solution to what he was presented with. He never said, "Oh, look the rules have changed and I can't cope, so let's suck now," which is all that Mikey boy has ever done.

2. Paul was running the newly founded Cleveland Browns. He went up against the best team the NFL had and beat them with a passing games the NFL had never seen before.

3. After that he was put down by the NFL because his offense was just finesse and it won't last. So what does Paul do the next season? He goes out and beats the NFL team by running the ball every single down of the game and winning.

4. Players get hurt in the face. He invents the facemask.

5. Big armed QB Greg Cook gets injured and new QB has limited passing range. He invents Ohio River Offense Bill Walsh, which later becomes the West Coast Offense.

6. He wants to call the plays from the sidelines, but doesn't want the other team stealing the signals. He has radio receivers placed in QB's helmet, which then gets outlawed, but is not standard.

7. Paul had players he wanted to keep in Cleveland, but there weren't roster spots for them. So one of the other owners owned a taxi cab company and those players were employed by that company to stay in Cleveland. It was called the Taxi Squad, which eventually led to the NFL's practice squad.

8. Paul wanted players to learn the game, so he started teaching them in a classroom setting. No one had done that before.

9. He invented the play book.

What the F-- has Mikey boy invented?????

Nothing

Paul Brown would have come up with a great solution for free agency because he was just the kind of guy who would keep working at it until he figured out how to work it.

Are you sure that Paul Brown invented the play book?  Were George Hallas, Vince Lombardi, Knute Rockne, and all the rest just scratching up plays in the sand, before that??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 11:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that Paul Brown invented the play book?  Were George Hallas, Vince Lombardi, Knute Rockne, and all the rest just scratching up plays in the sand, before that??

Yep, I'm sure about that. Lombardi used it in Green Bay, but he was hired after Paul Brown was already in Cleveland.

A playbook and drawing in the sand isn't quite the same thing.

Reply/Quote