Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown
(10-23-2018, 10:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Beside not having a football mind, he doesn't have the no nonsense attitude his dad had, and he is more concerned about being liked than winning.

Paul wanted to win and couldn't care less if you liked him or not.

Would think he would do things a lot differently he he wanted to be liked.

Agree him and his father are different but not sure that is the difference. 

Would think "respect" is the difference, one had it and one does not. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Back to conspiracy theoryland I'm convinced that the Brown family accepts losing for the money. They get to put a lousy product for us to see on the field and in return still get a huge cut of league profits. Why should they care? Pride? They have none, but they still get to be billionaires. Hell, I'd do the same thing for a few billion. 
By the way, I forgot to check the megamillions numbers. I forked over 4 bucks for my dad. Maybe my 90 year old dad's a billionaire suddenly and I can inherit a big chunk.. I'll invest in Kansas City futures and buy the team in a few years  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
mike brown= epitome of wasted spooge...................for real!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 12:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would think he would do things a lot differently he he wanted to be liked.

Agree him and his father are different but not sure that is the difference. 

Would think "respect" is the difference, one had it and one does not. 

It is the very thing. Being liked and liking others is at the front. Why do you think he's kept Lewis for so long?

Many players and staff, didn't like Brown's "no non-sense, I'm not here to be your friend attitude."  BUT  ..  it earned him respect.  The only 'public' move I think PB made where his 'ego' trumped the decision, was picking Johnson over Walsh to succeed him.  

https://www.nytimes.com/1982/01/18/sports/football-paul-brown-s-way.html
Reply/Quote