Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown I love You.
(12-03-2018, 05:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I dont miss very many games I wont be watching rest of the  season whats the point? we are not mathmatically eliminated at 5 -7 but were bad in all 3 phases right now we will probably be swept by browns 6 - 10 or 7- 9 is the likely result. depending on whether week 17 matters for steelers or not. Raiders seem to be trying extremely hard for first pick right now so that will be our only win

If I remember correctly, you were the picture of optimism here a couple years back.

What made you change? What was the tipping point?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: By going 'all the way' you mean winning a single playoff game in the Wild Card Round, right?

The 2005 team had a good offense, but a bad defense.

Those two teams came close to having the talent to make it to the Super Bowl is what I meant.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dear Mike,

Please ignore those "fans" who tell you to leave this city. They can simply stay away from the stadium and turn the tv channel if they want. Many of us do not like the way this team is run, but we like having the team in Cincinnati.. Put them on ignore, please.

No, we do not like having this travesty in this great city.  Go embarrass some other place.  You are a maddening disgrace and you have raped us long enough.  Release us from this life sentence.  Take your whole family of unqualified nincompoops and GTFO.  But before you go, tear down that hideous beast of a stadium.  That prime property can be used for something that actually gives pleasure.

Also, who the **** are you to judge if anyone is a fan?  Go defend the indefensible Merv and enjoy the sucking and leave us real fans who actually want to see a winner here alone.  

Also, I can't argue with you any more, Sled. You just have such a lack of understanding.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If football had never been invented nor developed none of this would matter. The truth of the matter is that it really doesn't matter except for the parts of our brains that thinks it matters.
Other than it's a bunch of other guys out playing a game none of us even get to participate in who seem to represent the city of Cincinnati only in the abstract does it matter in the least. 
They don't actually represent any of us except for losing an inconsequential game that makes billions in profits that none of us (or very very few of us) gets to enjoy . We as fans never get even the slightest cut of the absurd salaries paid to guys who don't even live in the city. (Well most don't anyway) The team owner is not answerable to really anyone in the city and for all intents and purposes can at any time decide to leave town along with the entire franchise and say tough luck Bengals fans and good luck ever getting another NFL franchise again. And for all these wonderful benefits we get a losing team that hasn't ever won a championship nor a playoff game since the current owner has actually owned the team and for all of your loyalty and support over the years we get exactly nothing in return except for some mildly entertaining fun every once in awhile . Yup, that's certainly worth the billions in profits Mike Brown and family have extracted from the good people of the city . So the question begs, does any of it really matter one tiny iota?  Not nearly as much as many of us thinks it does. If the team were to leave town I suspect that the city of Cincinnati would be ok. There might be a short period of adjustment while the loss of revenue was made up in other ways, but in the long run the city and county would likely be better off without this team with its perpetual broken promises and baggage of being known as the city of losers..  You know you're not losers, but you'd never know it by thinking that the Bengals actually represent you.  They represent their own profits and little more  .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown we have a "special" pudding cup for you today for a job well done.  Enjoy!

[Image: th?id=OIP.viK5UVx9DXAiBSA1f1HjlgAAAA&pid...=213&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Those two teams came close to having the talent to make it to the Super Bowl is what I meant.   

By Super Bowl...if you mean single Playoff Game...then I agree.

In 2005, the defense was bad.

In 2015, we played terrible against the Steelers except in the 4th Quarter. Seems to be our MO against them.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: If football had never been invented nor developed none of this would matter. The truth of the matter is that it really doesn't matter except for the parts of our brains that thinks it matters.
Other than it's a bunch of other guys out playing a game none of us even get to participate in who seem to represent the city of Cincinnati only in the abstract does it matter in the least. 
They don't actually represent any of us except for losing an inconsequential game that makes billions in profits that none of us (or very very few of us) gets to enjoy . We as fans never get even the slightest cut of the absurd salaries paid to guys who don't even live in the city. (Well most don't anyway) The team owner is not answerable to really anyone in the city and for all intents and purposes can at any time decide to leave town along with the entire franchise and say tough luck Bengals fans and good luck ever getting another NFL franchise again. And for all these wonderful benefits we get a losing team that hasn't ever won a championship nor a playoff game since the current owner has actually owned the team and for all of your loyalty and support over the years we get exactly nothing in return except for some mildly entertaining fun every once in awhile . Yup, that's certainly worth the billions in profits Mike Brown and family have extracted from the good people of the city . So the question begs, does any of it really matter one tiny iota?  Not nearly as much as many of us thinks it does. If the team were to leave town I suspect that the city of Cincinnati would be ok. There might be a short period of adjustment while the loss of revenue was made up in other ways, but in the long run the city and county would likely be better off without this team with its perpetual broken promises and baggage of being known as the city of losers..  You know you're not losers, but you'd never know it by thinking that the Bengals actually represent you.  They represent their own profits and little more  .
Nice.
Reply/Quote
It kind of irritates me that there is the general perception Mike Brown and the Bengals are cheap. I will quote Hobson:

"Cheap? They started the season extending the contracts of Pro Bowlers Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap by committing more than $100 million and according to spotrac.com they are ninth in NFL total salary cap for all allocations at more than $180 million. Plus in the offseason they took the most expensive route in hiring assistant coaches and went with NFL veterans at defensive coordinator, at wide receiver and quarterbacks and on the offensive line. All with at least double-digit seasons in the NFL. There’s a hefty price tag for that experience. And that’s why Mike and Marvin opted for the experience. They’re not looking to waste the prime years of their stars in a re-building."

The failures of the football team go far beyond money. I believe the lack of success lies more with talent evaluation, coaching, player motivation and injuries (perhaps from a poor conditioning program). The players are getting paid well and not delivering. Perhaps it's a lack of talent (OG, Fisher, etc) and/or desire (Dunlap, Atkins, Burfict, etc.).
Reply/Quote
The myth of Mike Brown being good businessman. Other than the hostage negotiation for a new stadium, he has done nothing to claim as good business. Winning makes a lot more money than mediocrity. That has been proven over and over gain.

What he really is is a lazy ass who just wants the unearned money to keep rolling in without having to ever be clever or insightful or instinctive or adaptive. And, most of all, he is a damn liar. Every time he does his annual speech about wanting to win a SB, he is lying his ass off. Anybody who believes that yearly drivel is just a damn fool. His own actions prove him a lying snake.

To put it simply, he is a bumbling fool and every "curse" around this team is of his own making. Mike, stop pissing down our backs and calling it rain. And retire already. Better yet, sell. Emancipate us. You've got thirty years of bad management and all the bad decisions that go with it. That's plenty for one career. You deserve a rest. Hang it up and turn it over to Katie and let her **** it up in her own way. I swear to God you're just sticking round out of spite.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Sad thing is I don’t think Katie will make it any better, which is scary
Reply/Quote