Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Letter Mixon Enquirer
I think the Mixion backlash is overstated because he hit a woman if he did it to a 5 ft 3 disabled man know one would care. Don't get me wrong he was wrong just walk away from the situation but he should not retaliate​ no matter who it was. I am more upset that they didn't draft Walker and I am still not 100% convinced that the RB position was the problem with the run game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 03:56 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Since when does a businessman need the approval of the fan base on an organizational decision? There are lots of people upset the Bengals are taking a chance on Mixon. If it was such a good business move, why did so many teams pass on Mixon? Personally, I like Mixon's football skills. I don't like his past actions though. If he even breaks a little trust in the fan base, people will quickly jump on the here we go again bandwagon.

VERY ironic that the same people that say this type of thing are the same people that claim he doesn't care about the fans or the city..............

Rolleyes

If he hadn't said anything, everyone would have said "oh, Mike doesn't care about character issues and places winning above integrity."

Notice how he didn't make any excuses for Joe or place any blame on the instigator, which was the female in this situation?

He didn't even come out and make any guarantees like "Joe will be a changed person" or anything like that, but is rather just explaining the choice and not setting himself up to look stupid.  It still could turn out bad, but one has to have faith in Joe that he'll be a model citizen and a good teammate.
Reply/Quote
People act like the Mixon case happened last week mainly because that's when the media blew up the story with the video. This kid has had a solid head on his shoulders for the past two years. Not to mention he is extremely dynamic. You can put it in the books that he will be the starter over Hill by the end of the year barring any injuries.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:22 PM)J24 Wrote: I think the Mixion backlash is overstated because he hit a woman if he did it to a 5 ft 3 disabled man know one would care. Don't get me wrong he was wrong just walk away from the situation but he should not retaliate no matter who it was.  I am more upset that they didn't draft Walker and I am still not 100% convinced that the RB position was the problem with the run game.

It's overstated because of the video. The Cowboys drafted a guy that dragged his girlfriend by the throat. The Browns took a guy that knocked a girls tooth out. Hardly a word about those incidents because...no video. Plus it's the Bengals and it plays right into that "Bengals are thugs" narrative.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If you look back over our Cinti Bengals drafts,  the 2nd rounders are better NFL players than the first rounders...........Mixon will be a star !

Boomer, Chad Johnson, Corey D, Ickey, Pickens, Darney, Tim McGee...........2nd round studs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope he wrote it on stationary with this printed on it.
[Image: 26FED27C00000578-3012067-image-a-1_1427328613399.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 10:25 PM)CincyKid Wrote: If you look back over our Cinti Bengals drafts,  the 2nd rounders are better NFL players than the first rounders...........Mixon will be a star !

Boomer, Chad Johnson, Corey D, Ickey, Pickens, Darney, Tim McGee...........2nd round studs

Dalton too.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is a loser and probably has Alzheimer's. He continually forgets about Marvins past. Its like watching that movie 50 first dates or something. Mixon is a plus. Only because if the kid is genuine, then yes, he deserves his shot. If he is not? Well, damnit! Another black eye on the organization. Doesn't matter, I will be sitting at my bar, sipping suds and intoxicating myself into happiness knowing regardless, I didn't spend another friggin dime on this dynasty gone bad! We had our chance - Mike & Marvin and the undisciplined players blew it. In addition, if they piss me off to an unmanageable degree? I don't have to worry about losing money on unused tickets I can't sell. All I have to do is turn the channel to the outdoors network and watch Grampohol go fishing. It's a win-win!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's overstated because of the video. The Cowboys drafted a guy that dragged his girlfriend by the throat. The Browns took a guy that knocked a girls tooth out. Hardly a word about those incidents because...no video. Plus it's the Bengals and it plays right into that "Bengals are thugs" narrative.

That's it. Tyreke Hill did one if the more heinous things I can think of. Adrian Peterson took a switch to his small child (splitting the kid's scrotum mind you). Just imagine if either one of those were caught on video. Joe Mixon decked a girl who struck, and spit on him. Should he have put himself in that situation? Nope. Do 17 year old kids always have the best judgement? Nope. Do people bring up Peterson and Hill's despicable past every time their names are mentioned? Nope. Should they do that to Mixon every time his name is mentioned? Nope.

Hell, as a rookie, Jeremy Hill was still on probation for putting his hands on a dude outside of a bar. He'd also been accused of sexual assault. He was our darling. We continually call Roethlisberger a rapist. We only hate Hill because he fumbled, sucks, and dances too much behind the line and in the end zone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 01:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just the fact he needed to send out a letter in the newspaper explaining his decision raised my eyebrows. Mike Brown has a good heart, but terrible business sense.

Terrible business sense? I disagree. Look at how he leveraged Hamilton County to get the stadium and perks he wanted. If I wanted to turn a nickle into a dollar I'd give it to Mike Brown. As far as Joe Mixon...we'll see how people feel after he busts Pittsburgh for 130 yards and two touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon has a better chance of becoming an upstanding citizen under the NFL microscope than he would be were he undrafted, out of college, and on the street.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's overstated because of the video. The Cowboys drafted a guy that dragged his girlfriend by the throat. The Browns took a guy that knocked a girls tooth out. Hardly a word about those incidents because...no video. Plus it's the Bengals and it plays right into that "Bengals are thugs" narrative.

Mixon got in touch with the girl he hit and she forgave him so I think that the fans should be able to.
Reply/Quote
In the age of phony outrage where anyone can be outraged over everything and anything that really has nothing whatever to do with their own lives this is pretty small peanuts. 
Folks like to pretend that any single person represents the entire city, but Mixon doesn't represent the city, just one small facet of the Cincinnati Bengals. 
The Bengals made a decision to draft the young man and give him a chance to win for them. That's the bottom line. He was drafted to play football and not to become a pillar of the community. 
These issues were not in the news when they happened and only became a public issue because someone with a cell phone snapped pictures and apparently got a nice payday as a result. I not really sure exactly how that transpired ,but it happened long before the draft and before Joe Mixon became a known celebrity. 
If people really want to play the outrage game they probably ought to dig into all the dirt of elected officials who really do represent the community and even entire nations. The only thing Joe Mixon needs to represent going forward is himself, his family and his team. 
As I said before if he gains 2000 yards in one season and scores 20 TDs and never gets in trouble again in his life I hope all the phony outragees have fun pretending that they've been personally wronged somehow, but I sincerely doubt anyone will pay one bit of attention to them. 
I've already begun the process of not paying them any attention. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Joe Mixon train isn't coming to close anytime soon. It's only May and the media has hyped up Joe Mixon's case so much that they can't resist the money they make from all the clicks.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 12:54 PM)ZoneRead Wrote: Terrible business sense? I disagree. Look at how he leveraged Hamilton County to get the stadium and perks he wanted. If I wanted to turn a nickle into a dollar I'd give it to Mike Brown. As far as Joe Mixon...we'll see how people feel after he busts Pittsburgh for 130 yards and two touchdowns.

Good point about Mike Brown. He sure took the taxpayers of Hamilton County. And still does.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 01:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: In the age of phony outrage where anyone can be outraged over everything and anything that really has nothing whatever to do with their own lives this is pretty small peanuts. 
Folks like to pretend that any single person represents the entire city, but Mixon doesn't represent the city, just one small facet of the Cincinnati Bengals. 
The Bengals made a decision to draft the young man and give him a chance to win for them. That's the bottom line. He was drafted to play football and not to become a pillar of the community. 
These issues were not in the news when they happened and only became a public issue because someone with a cell phone snapped pictures and apparently got a nice payday as a result. I not really sure exactly how that transpired ,but it happened long before the draft and before Joe Mixon became a known celebrity. 
If people really want to play the outrage game they probably ought to dig into all the dirt of elected officials who really do represent the community and even entire nations. The only thing Joe Mixon needs to represent going forward is himself, his family and his team. 
As I said before if he gains 2000 yards in one season and scores 20 TDs and never gets in trouble again in his life I hope all the phony outragees have fun pretending that they've been personally wronged somehow, but I sincerely doubt anyone will pay one bit of attention to them. 
I've already begun the process of not paying them any attention. 
Best post I've read in this subject.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 02:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not a fan of the Mixon pick, not a fan of pacman still being here.
We seem to be in the minority on this. 
Reply/Quote
All the retired people who subscribe to the newspaper should feel at ease now, especially the ones whose sense of identity relies on the citizenship of 20-something professional running backs.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
I think the Cincinnati Bengals understood the risk of taking that running back and that is why the rest of the draftees appear to have a clean character.

It was a strategic decision that is probably why they avoided certain players.

The Baltimore Ravens took risk in taking Tim Williams the Dallas Cowboys took a risk and Randy Gregory last year or two years ago.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 02:19 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Good point about Mike Brown. He sure took the taxpayers of Hamilton County. And still does.
I don't know about that.  The tax payers voted.  They wanted their team to stay here. They knew what they were getting into.

But that's really another discussion altogether. This is about one simple letter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote