Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown Speaks
"Mike Brown says he'll give Adam Jones a chance."

...Wellll okay as long as it's only one. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 07:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: I've long thought that the reason underperforming vets like Peko and John Thornton were allowed to play out their contracts which they were obviously underperforming was because MB was emotionally invested in them as people.  It's just hard for him to pull the plug on guys, and it's part of the reason we see him bringing old players back.  While we as fans look at FA as "We could sign X if we just cut Y and Z.", he sees it as "Can I really take food off of Y and Z's tables just to bring in X?"

Honestly, he is the type of owner that really needs to have a GM that can be neutral and take the emotional attachment out of it.

Agreed while that's a great quality to have in general it doesn't help bring a Lombardi to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 08:38 AM)McC Wrote: What a bullshit attitude.  Reading that truly pissed me off.  Is your last name Brown?   Mike didn't buy shit.  His greatest accomplishment was being born.

He should go buy a landscaping company and stop holding the fans of this franchise hostage.   I'd love to see the league take away his safety net and make him earn his ***** keep for a change.

It's going on thirty years of frustration and showing no signs of ever changing.  He doesn't give a **** if the whole country laughs at us but maybe the rest of us do.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize he was holding a shotgun to your head making you be a fan.....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: My man......it's a shit ton different than that.  Devon Still is a good and decent person on and off the field.....and there was not much other hope for his little girl.  That was a VERY noble and beneficial gesture on Mike's part.....I'll get his back for that move at all times.  What this is, is enabling, and promoting a lack of accountability.

It's different situations those players are in, but it's no different in the way Mike Brown treats them is the point. He treats them like his family, for good or bad... 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't realize he was holding a shotgun to your head making you be a fan.....

I was a fan before King Incompetence took over.  I'll be a fan after he's dead.  In the meantime, we're all being held hostage.  Sorry you don't see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So basically you're telling me to shut up or leave?

Where did I say that? I'm not telling you anything.... I'm saying this is Mike Brown's team and he is free to run it as a family business. If people don't like that, then they have choices to make themselves.....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:44 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: 8492 US Hwy 68 East Benton KY 42025 US
It's 2 completely different things in my mind. Shocked

It's two different situations. Browns reaction is the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's different situations those players are in, but it's no different in the way Mike Brown treats them is the point. He treats them like his family, for good or bad... 

Like I said, buy a company and hire all your kids and grandkids and butt buddies.  A sports franchise, especially an NFL franchise is totally different than any other business.   First, there's the profit sharing.  Then, there's the fact that his customers are invested emotionally and financially in his business.  He has a responsibility to his customers, one to which he has not lived up.

If he wants to keep Ten Chances in Bentleys, pay him a few million a year to cut his grass.  Just get him off this damn team.

Captain My Way is a failure and a ***** thief.  Who else can bumble along for going on thirty years and still collect hundreds of millions a year no matter how badly he does his job?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Where did I say that? I'm not telling you anything.... I'm saying this is Mike Brown's team and he is free to run it as a family business. If people don't like that, then they have choices to make themselves.....

Yeah,  You said it.  If you don't like it, buy your own billion dollar team.  What the hell else does that mean?

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:30 PM): McC Wrote: Yeah,  You said it.  If you don't like it, buy your own billion dollar team.  What the hell else does that mean?

I'm not taking sides here between you and Sled but that was a Great line.

"If you don't like it, buy your own billion dollar team."

Great line.

Ok, now you guys Please continue...   Tongue    
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:30 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah,  You said it.  If you don't like it, buy your own billion dollar team.  What the hell else does that mean?

What it means is simple. It is Mike Brown's team and he is free to run it the way he wants. The way you want him to run it, the way I want him to run it, the way anyone else wants him to run it does not matter. The quicker people come to grips with that, the better for them. I would have cut Pacman long ago, but that is not Mike Brown. So there are two options, support the team, as run by Mike Brown, or not. Sure, we can ***** and moan, but it is meaningless.... it all comes down to one thing, the Brown family owns the team and runs it as a family business. That is not going to change as long as Mike Brown is owner...  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's two different situations. Browns reaction is the same.

You are correct but different situations call for different actions. At least in my mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What it means is simple. It is Mike Brown's team and he is free to run it the way he wants. The way you want him to run it, the way I want him to run it, the way anyone else wants him to run it does not matter. The quicker people come to grips with that, the better for them. I would have cut Pacman long ago, but that is not Mike Brown. So there are two options, support the team, as run by Mike Brown, or not. Sure, we can ***** and moan, but it is meaningless.... it all comes down to one thing, the Brown family owns the team and runs it as a family business. That is not going to change as long as Mike Brown is owner...  

I came to terms with it long ago.  But it still sucks knowing.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:05 PM)McC Wrote: I came to terms with it long ago.  But it still sucks knowing.

Yes it does, but it is what it is...
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What it means is simple. It is Mike Brown's team and he is free to run it the way he wants. The way you want him to run it, the way I want him to run it, the way anyone else wants him to run it does not matter. The quicker people come to grips with that, the better for them. I would have cut Pacman long ago, but that is not Mike Brown. So there are two options, support the team, as run by Mike Brown, or not. Sure, we can ***** and moan, but it is meaningless.... it all comes down to one thing, the Brown family owns the team and runs it as a family business. That is not going to change as long as Mike Brown is owner...  

This is the pure definition of enabling. I don't care if MB is going to change or not, but I will constantly voice my displeasure with how it's ran because, well, I have that right as a consumer. Why do you think social media and the media in general have such a huge impact in the world today? People want to voice their opinion on the matter. People want to be heard. If you sit down and shut up, then how's it ever going to change? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:40 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is the pure definition of enabling. I don't care if MB is going to change or not, but I will constantly voice my displeasure with how it's ran because, well, I have that right as a consumer. Why do you think social media and the media in general have such a huge impact in the world today? People want to voice their opinion on the matter. People want to be heard. If you sit down and shut up, then how's it ever going to change? 

We are absolutely enablers.  Without a doubt.  He's got something we crave.  It is our drug and he is the pusher man.  God damn the pusher man.

And even when we aren't happy with his product, we will still buy it up.

Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is human garbage. What an embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
Is there any possible way for an NFL owner to lose money? This seems to be the biggest problem. It enables Mr. Brown. I have to wonder if friendships also dictate playing time, that would explain some past headscratchers. It obviously dictates who the players and coaches are. This means that performance is a second or third priority. Friendship and money obviously comes first. This owner will never ever win a super bowl.
Reply/Quote
Mike rolls out new team mascot...

[Image: th?id=OIP.QQuO6OQYzwJSDEDPPMkZJQEsEg&pid...=161&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's pretty much what I would expect to hear from a GM who has failed to win a playoff game during 26 consecutive seasons. And counting.
Reply/Quote