Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown, hot dogs, and a story you wont believe
(11-21-2016, 10:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: If you think the Mikey story is bad about 300 families were put out on the street when Jerry Jones moved over to Arlington and those people were given almost no notice. I knew a bunch of them and even hired a few when I was hauling scrap metal for a living in the area. I lived in a motel about a mile down the road right behind the stadium where the Rangers play. That motel at the time was a real dump and about 70% of the rooms were vacant. Soon as those poor folks were booted out that same motel couldn't find enough rooms fast enough. Most of their belongings went straight to dumpsters and most of those people were never allowed back in to retrieve their stuff. Big fences went up and a day or so later everything was leveled to make parking spaces over a mile from the stadium.   To my knowledge the Bengals didn't displace anyone from their homes ,but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it happened . You own an NFL franchise there's probably nothing that wouldn't stop the wrecking ball to build a stadium or the parking lots including women and children . 

As I understand it, you're saying that a crappy hotel was sold and leveled to build a parking lot for AT&T Stadium?  Or are you saying that 300 individual homes were taken over through the use of imminent domain?
Reply/Quote
The bottom line is this isn't a question of if the security guards should get free hot dogs that are about to be thrown out. It is a question of organizational role and whether the owner of an NFL football team should be micromanaging the food operations of a stadium.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A good friend of mine works for the Bengals. Im not going to mention a name or exactly what he/she does because I respect their privacy and I don't want them to get in trouble in case there is a minuscule chance someone from the Bengals organization actually reads these boards.

Anyway, I met up with my friend (lets just call him/her Doug Pelfrey) Friday night. Doug told me he was in a meeting with some of the upper management, vendor managers, and game day managers on Friday during the day. One of the main topics of the meeting was how "Mr. Brown" was upset that some of the vendors were getting free food during the day of Bengals games.

If you don't know, the Bengals outsource their security to other companies. Apparently some of the security staff were hungry from working the job all day and decided to stop by the concessions to get a hot dog. My friend told me that the Bengals throw out literally "hundreds" or food items after each game. That being said, some of the vendor managers got a lashing because they were supplying free food items to the security guards.

Here is the kicker: the total amount of free food given away to these guards was 15 hot dogs. 15 FREAKING HOT DOGS!

I can understand if "Mr. Brown" was upset if there were a bunch of security guards getting free food every game and there were hundreds or thousands of dollars being lost due to this.....but 15 hot dogs! I mean that is just comical.

It just made me realize that nothing has changed with our cheap ass owner. Sure, we have had a good team over the years, but this is still the same guy we had in the 90s.

I almost believed this story until i read the bolded. THen it hit me, we have no kicker in cincinnati.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After reading the story, I can picture a big meeting room full of people sitting there talking about 15 hotdogs.. Then some intern walks in and hands them the results of Gio's MRI and Mike Brown yells at the kid for wasting their time with football stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I almost believed this story until i read the bolded. THen it hit me, we have no kicker in cincinnati.

[Image: burnlogo.png]
Reply/Quote