Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown pledges dedication to the Bengals winning the Super Bowl
Quote:An Open Letter to Bengals Fans -

This season will mark the Bengals' 50th season in Cincinnati. Since we were formed in 1968, we have enjoyed great support - first at Nippert Stadium, then at Riverfront Stadium, and now at Paul Brown Stadium. Throughout all those years, there has been one constant: you, our fans. We appreciate your support, and I say "thank you" on behalf of the entire organization. We look forward to celebrating our team's history with you this season.

Memories of our first 49 years are too many to mention, but through all the good times and bad, our fans have been right there with us. Our fans got us started on the right foot with a successful expansion franchise. We made the playoffs in our third season, an NFL record at the time. You cheered us on to our first Super Bowl in 1981 - after enduring a memorable Freezer Bowl along the way - and then supported us to a second Super Bowl that ended 34 seconds too late. You have shown us the way to six playoff appearances in the past eight years, including three AFC North division crowns. You have been there for hundreds of other games. Some good, some agonizing, some too cold to recall, but we have always felt your presence and appreciated your support.

While we have had many good steps along the way, this 50th season reminds me that we have more steps that we want to take. My passion is to bring Cincinnati a much-deserved NFL championship and you have my pledge that our organization is hard at work with this goal in mind. I care deeply about this town. I raised my kids here, and I have an abiding appreciation for the support you have lent us through the years.

I don't know what our 50th season will hold for us. We have a good team, yet the NFL is a tough league. Will this be our season? I hope so. If I had my choice, our 50th season would give you a lifetime of memories, much as you have given me a lifetime of memories. I am thankful to you, and though the simple words "thank you" seem inadequate, for me they really say it all.

Sincerely,

Mike Brown
President

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/21/16007086/mike-brown-pledges-dedication-bengals-winning-super-bowl-letter-fans
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
This has gone around once already, but I love it. People always criticize him for lack of contact with the fans, even through the media...I love that he is sticking his chest out a bit and thanking the fans (the best GD FANS IN THE WORLD!!!).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he did a great job of letting go of all those MB sucks billboards of the 90s..most men would've become very bitter about that, but I guess being a uber-billionaire has a way of tempering others opinions of you. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
There's always next year.

I'd settle for a 6th playoff win!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's always next year.

I'd settle for a 6th playoff win!

The thing that makes this ultra-embarrassing is that this is our 50th Anniversary Season. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing that makes this ultra-embarrassing is that this is our 50th Anniversary Season. 

I still think the move was tagging Whitworth...but they thought they could save a couple million.

Then, Zeitler instead of Kirkpatrick.

Then, sign John Sullivan to a 1 year deal at Center.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This has gone around once already, but I love it.  People always criticize him for lack of contact with the fans, even through the media...I love that he is sticking his chest out a bit and thanking the fans (the best GD FANS IN THE WORLD!!!).

Sticking his chest out ?.....I give him NO CREDIT for this pledge of dedication to a Super Bowl Win right after he let Whitworth and Zeitler go and Jones, Sanu, Hall, Nelson the year before....Since the 2016 and 2017 seasons were lemons and since Mike Brown having no play-off wins since he took over after his dad died is a huge lemon....Then I consider this as LEMON PLEDGE. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 07:49 AM)Trademark Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/21/16007086/mike-brown-pledges-dedication-bengals-winning-super-bowl-letter-fans

[Image: 32dJu5m.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
My 50th anniversary letter in retort:

Dear Mike Brown

8 and under football is won with an efficient oline.  Crazy as this sounds, this also works in the NFL game.  When you settle for a QB that cannot take over a game and you put all your hope in said QB you better give that QB a line to lean on.  ****** fans knew this was a problem prior to this season and yet executives that get compensated well for their services made the decision to run with current stock at both tackle positions.  What the **** is wrong with your family?  I mean shit, a bunch of inbreeds could have accidentally won a playoff game by now...Are you tormenting those who follow your family experiment intentionally with a coach who can't manage timeouts and a front office of cousins/kids that can't figure out personnel and salary cap rules?  If so we'll played Mike Brown, you are truly a dick...

Respectfully Yours,
Every Bengals Fan You Have Shit On

PS
Why do we still have a coach that cannot win games against playoff teams in the regular season or post season?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I still think the move was tagging Whitworth...but they thought they could save a couple million.

Then, Zeitler instead of Kirkpatrick.

Then, sign John Sullivan to a 1 year deal at Center.

And then selecting a player in the top 10 of the draft, that could actually contribute this year..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And then selecting a player in the top 10 of the draft, that could actually contribute this year..

Yeah that's a big thing. I like the DT from Clemson.

When you don't sign impact free agents...you need 1st Round picks who can play right away.
Reply/Quote
Mike,

Your father build his championship teams from the trenches out. You might try that too.

Giancarlo
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 08:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike,

Your father build his championship teams from the trenches out.  You might try that too.

Giancarlo

He's not going to change anytime soon.

He's the guy that loses 500 hands of blackjack in Las Vegas using the same method...then hits for $500 and tells everyone how great a trip it was.
Reply/Quote
Go to the light, Mike, go to the light.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 07:49 AM)Trademark Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/21/16007086/mike-brown-pledges-dedication-bengals-winning-super-bowl-letter-fans
This is freakin' laughable. It is a compilation of all the replies I have received from Mikey Brown over the past several seasons. IT IS MARKETING 101. He says the same thing year after year, and the results are the same year after year.

To those of you who replied so lovingly to the original article (before the replies were shut down): You are being taken in !!!Watch the shiny object! See it sparkle! Now, send me money for season tickets.
Reply/Quote
So Mike Brown says he wants to win the Super Bowl ?

Wonder if 26 years trying has taught him anything about how to do it ?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So Mike Brown says he wants to win the Super Bowl ?

Wonder if 26 years trying has taught him anything about how to do it ?

Of course not. If he changes the way he's done things in the past, that would mean admitting he has constantly screwed up. Lord knows that would never happen
Reply/Quote
Well he got his wish. This season has given us a lifetime of memories.

Bad, bad memories.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 09:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Go to the light, Mike, go to the light.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This has gone around once already, but I love it.  People always criticize him for lack of contact with the fans, even through the media...I love that he is sticking his chest out a bit and thanking the fans (the best GD FANS IN THE WORLD!!!).

One thankful communication from the guy in his multi-decade rein as the world's worst sports team owner doesn't change what I think of him.

His commitment to winning a Championship is nothing more than words. Words he has not sincere intention of keeping. A blind man could see what was wrong with this team last year and ignored the obvious.

Reply/Quote