Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown presser
(07-24-2023, 01:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  The cap is going up roughly 10% per year.  If they want Higgins, Chase and Burrow long term, it's not going to be hard to accomplish - especially if they structure the contracts in the right manner.  

I'd be more concerned about guys like Logan Wilson not being able to be resigned.

Why on earth should we forfeit defensive playmakers just to keep two wide receivers when we have a top 5 QB? 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 02:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was Joe’s injury or illness during 2020 camp?

A global pandemic.
Reply/Quote
Ughhh juggling contracts is and will always be the worst story. I can't wait until we get clarity and can live with it one way or the other. In the meantime, it's just static noise.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why on earth should we forfeit defensive playmakers just to keep two wide receivers when we have a top 5 QB? 

We won't.  And that's not the point.  You keep the best players.

The reason some of those guys will end up going is because of their age.  The Bengals have shown that they are willing to let certain positions and ages walk.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's almost like there's not a whole lot to talk about after the draft until the start of Training Camp. 

Shocker, I know.

Not a shocker: but your timing and penchant for negativity is always tops on this board.

I don't get it...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 05:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not a shocker: but your timing and penchant for negativity is always tops on this board.

I don't get it...

You don’t understand why I seasonally post about a seasonal team playing a seasonal game?

Just say that you’re still butthurt that I was right about Jeremy Hill and Jackson Carman.
Reply/Quote
How much do we think Mike Brown is involved in contract negotiations now? I'm guessing its very little and more up to Katie, Paul, and Troy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would think Mike Brown could come up with a better analogy than comparing players to hogs:

"We have some good players that need to be fed," Brown said. "That's a challenge. It's mathematical. You get a bag of corn and you have 10 hogs. Well, you're going to put that out to them. The bag's going to be empty. And some of them aren't going to get it."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38064059/bengals-prep-challenge-looming-contract-negotiations
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 06:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would think Mike Brown could come up with a better analogy than comparing players to hogs:

"We have some good players that need to be fed," Brown said. "That's a challenge. It's mathematical. You get a bag of corn and you have 10 hogs. Well, you're going to put that out to them. The bag's going to be empty. And some of them aren't going to get it."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38064059/bengals-prep-challenge-looming-contract-negotiations

He's an old man, and old men enjoy farming.
Reply/Quote
Dude didn’t say shit the whole interview
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 06:19 PM)Synric Wrote: How much do we think Mike Brown is involved in contract negotiations now? I'm guessing its very little and more up to Katie, Paul, and Troy.

Ring of Honor
Stadium name change
Indoor practice facility
More active in free agency
More active on social media platforms
More draft day trades

I doubt any of those things happen if Mike Brown was still in charge. Katie was doing the contract negotiations when the Bengals were on Hards Knocks. I doubt he is involved at all.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 06:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would think Mike Brown could come up with a better analogy than comparing players to hogs:

He has always been completely out of touch and always says something stupid during his annual press conference.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 06:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude didn’t say shit the whole interview

Was about to say. Like a lawyer or something.

Future problems in paying can be solved with good FA signings and great drafting. Front office can hit on a few and we can keep the ship level. Those stinking Chiefs let Hill go and still maintained. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
What did people expect honestly?

“That money grabbing bastard Burrow is refusing to sign” ?

No news is good news and the fact there aren’t any leaks from either camp make me feel more and more confident it’s just around the corner.

The office know the sooner it’s done the quicker they can turn their attention to Tee,Wilson and Reader.

I think we will be a very happy set of campers by the time week 1 rolls around.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This is when a clear obvious reality starts to slowly pierce fan optimism. 

We can't have Higgins and Chase fellas. We got Higgins for at least one more year before he gets his payday. Let's enjoy it.

I don't think we can give Higgins 25 m a year when you look at what Burrow and Chase will be paid. Enjoy the ride for  to 2 years with Higgins, draft his replacement 2024 or 25
Reply/Quote
Katie should take these over.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bengals do have an ace in the hole for getting both Chase and Higgins signed. They have a pretty good QB to throw the ball to them. He ain't exactly Andy Panda.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't think we can give Higgins 25 m a year when you look at what Burrow and Chase will be paid. Enjoy the ride for  to 2 years with Higgins, draft his replacement 2024 or 25

Chase is on a rookie deal for 3 more years. It can be done.

Likely guys like Reader and Hendrickson will be gone when their contracts are up. That will be the cost of 2 high paid WRs.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why on earth should we forfeit defensive playmakers just to keep two wide receivers when we have a top 5 QB? 

Green Bay Packers
Reply/Quote