Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown presser
(07-25-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s up to Tee. Luckily Joe and Chase will make some sacrifices. If Tee does too it will all work out. But Mgt./Zac want it to happen.

There is no way to be sure about that.  If Joe was really wanting to make a serious sacrifice he wouldnt be waiting on Herbert so that he could be the highest paid player.  He may deflect some guaranteed money or add a year or 2 to his deal, I dont see much more than that.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 04:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is no way to be sure about that.  If Joe was really wanting to make a serious sacrifice he wouldnt be waiting on Herbert so that he could be the highest paid player.  He may deflect some guaranteed money or add a year or 2 to his deal, I dont see much more than that.

You’ll see.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 03:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep I don’t get the love fest for KC like everything they do turns to gold.I was watching the AFC championship on TV just the other night. We punt to them with 39 seconds left they get an uncharacteristic 27 yard punt return. The punt goes 54 yards to their 18. Then of course the personal foul. We’ve beat them 3-4. I would like to have played them with 3 OL out. KC may have their own Tackle issues this year. They’ve got some IOL to pony up for soon. Their backs would struggle with our OL too. All the people bagging on Mixon are going to be singing a different tune this season. He’s gonna have room to run.

Being blunt, KC went from one of the most penalized teams during the regular season to the least penalized in the playoffs, their two biggest challengers went through severe emotional trauma right before the playoffs, and the SB field at State Farm was doctored to keep the pass rushers from Philly from getting to Mahomes.  Even with all that, they needed a swallowed whistle on a blatant block in the back on their big punt return and a bone headed penalty by us to bail out Mahomes and advance.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 04:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Being blunt, KC went from one of the most penalized teams during the regular season to the least penalized in the playoffs, their two biggest challengers went through severe emotional trauma right before the playoffs, and the SB field at State Farm was doctored to keep the pass rushers from Philly from getting to Mahomes.  Even with all that, they needed a swallowed whistle on a blatant block in the back on their big punt return and a bone headed penalty by us to bail out Mahomes and advance.  

KC already proved they can win the SB.. in the end, KC won.. it was not some conspiracy to get Mahomes his 2nd SB.  If you think playoffs are setup, im sure the Ravens would then agree since they got the short end of calls in our playoff game, they out gained us, had more first downs etc.. ravens drove down to inside the 20 and a late holding call pretty much ended their chances.. Now I don't buy the officials helped the Bengals win.. but maybe some that think the NFL is rigged do. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 05:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: KC already proved they can win the SB.. in the end, KC won.. it was not some conspiracy to get Mahomes his 2nd SB.  If you think playoffs are setup, im sure the Ravens would then agree since they got the short end of calls in our playoff game, they out gained us, had more first downs etc.. ravens drove down to inside the 20 and a late holding call pretty much ended their chances.. Now I don't buy the officials helped the Bengals win.. but maybe some that think the NFL is rigged do. 

I’m the biggest non-conspiracy guy. Too easy to get leaked
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 03:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep I don’t get the love fest for KC like everything they do turns to gold.I was watching the AFC championship on TV just the other night. We punt to them with 39 seconds left they get an uncharacteristic 27 yard punt return. The punt goes 54 yards to their 18. Then of course the personal foul. We’ve beat them 3-4. I would like to have played them with 3 OL out. KC may have their own Tackle issues this year. They’ve got some IOL to pony up for soon. Their backs would struggle with our OL too. All the people bagging on Mixon are going to be singing a different tune this season. He’s gonna have room to run.

If they would just take those pesky defenders off the field, Joe would have 1500 yds and 20 TDs this year.  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I was just told by one of the people I know who is inside the league that the expectation is Herbert will sign this week and Burrow to follow quickly after. Things can always change but they seemed pretty confident about it.

I’m going to bump this.

Burrow should be done by Friday.
Reply/Quote
Herbert signed 5 years 262.5 million.

So Burrow will probably get 5 years 265 million.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 08:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Herbert signed 5 years 262.5 million.

So Burrow will probably get 5 years 265 million.

I bet it’s less

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 12:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: FWIW, I've seen it out there that Joe's camp and Herbert's camp are basically waiting for the other to sign first.  Joe's camp wants the Herbert deal to set his floor while Herbert's camp wants the Burrow deal to set his ceiling.

So, if this is accurate, we now know the floor: Herberts' 5-year, $262 million contract extension. But I have not yet seen the guaranteed salary.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 08:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: So, if this is accurate, we now know the floor: Herberts' 5-year, $262 million contract extension. But I have not yet seen the guaranteed salary.

133 fully guaranteed 193 for injury and can escalate to 218 somehow yet to be explained.
Reply/Quote
I'd say Joe gets a 6yr/$320 mill extension that is progressively end-loaded to increase as the yearly team cap increases.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I just want this done already. Lock up Joey B
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking 6 yr 330
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 10:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I'm thinking 6 yr 330
I was at 320 for 6, so how about we toss another 6-8 mill in as performance escalators and call it a day ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Seems like 5 years is what the other QBs go for. They like shorter so they can sign a huge deal when the cap rises
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The salary cap doesn't average 10% per year.

Salary increase percentage by year over the past decade:
2023 - 7.9% increase
2022 - 24% increase (this was the recovery from COVID decrease the year before)
2021 - 8% decrease (dropped due to COVID)
2020 - 5.3% increase
2019 - 6.2% increase
2018 - 6.1% increase
2017 - 7.5% increase
2016 - 8.3% increase
2015 - 7.7% increase
2014 - 7.6% increase

Realistically, it's between 6-8% increase per year.

While yes, it will likely be possible to afford Higgins, that's assuming most other guys don't also expect/demand pretty big bumps too.
It's going to be inevitable that the team will not be able to retain some player(s) due to cap limitations.
The question is...is Higgins worth keeping over someone on defense, OL, etc?
We might end up seeing someone at (one of) those positions depart because the team chose to invest in Higgins instead.

So you got this bag of food...and you get 6-8% more every year. But the animals were young initially...and they all want to eat more food each year...
Reply/Quote
Joey B wants to get paid but he wants to WIN more than anything else

i think this is gonna work out just fine for us Bengal fans

i see Tee and Ja'Marr w/ Joey B............just like Curtis and Collinsworth w/ Kenny...........Brown and McGee w/ Boomer

Bengals have had some great WR combos and this could be the best

Find a way Katie
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 05:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: KC already proved they can win the SB.. in the end, KC won.. it was not some conspiracy to get Mahomes his 2nd SB.  If you think playoffs are setup, im sure the Ravens would then agree since they got the short end of calls in our playoff game, they out gained us, had more first downs etc.. ravens drove down to inside the 20 and a late holding call pretty much ended their chances.. Now I don't buy the officials helped the Bengals win.. but maybe some that think the NFL is rigged do. 

I think everyone can agree that there was an unprecedented amount of politics going on behind the scenes during last year's playoffs.  I also think it's very naive to think that a company that spent millions on naming rights to a stadium wouldn't exert some influence over the field prep when the subject of a massive TV ad campaign is playing.  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 09:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think everyone can agree that there was an unprecedented amount of politics going on behind the scenes during last year's playoffs.  I also think it's very naive to think that a company that spent millions on naming rights to a stadium wouldn't exert some influence over the field prep when the subject of a massive TV ad campaign is playing.  

I’ve always thought the conspiracy theories were funny. Too many people would have to participate making it impossible to keep quiet. Oh sure top players like Lebron, Jordan, Brady et al get preferential treatment. But because of State Farm or they purposely watered down the field to help him. Some people have been watching too much Jack Ryan lol

Reply/Quote