Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mike Brown speaks! McCarron on the block, Marvin's future
Read and share!!! And of course discuss below. I'm flying back today so I'll get with you guys in the next day or so. THanks!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Thanks. MB should talk more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Geno and A.J. are on the trading block!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 03:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Geno and A.J. are on the trading block!!!

I knew it.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Thanks, good read. Interesting his thoughts on the possibility of a London team and about the way the season ended.
Reply/Quote
Thanks!

Nice to know that me and MB share a lot of the same ideas and thoughts. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Thanks Jim. Great job.

How much did you have to pay Mike for this interview?

:jk:
Reply/Quote
ah mike brown well spoken with no absolutes.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green for next 20 first round picks of Cleveland Browns
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Quote:I am basically conservative. I don’t look for perfection in life.

[Image: 87j90.gif]
Reply/Quote
Quote:"Every football player is for sale is [if] the right offer comes along. That’s the nature of the business. Do I see something happening right now? I don’t. ‘Never’ is a word you want to be careful about."

We all know that Mikey B will hold out on a trade until he gets top dollar for a player. When it comes to trading a player he can be one stubborn SOB.

So my take is that he's pretty much saying, "You know my asking price." I have no doubt that Marvin's statement before was designed to stop the low ball offers.

What AJM has going for him in relation to Mikey B is that he's not demanding a trade or bad mouthing the owner. He's doing his job and saying the right things.

I'm not sure what to make out of the comments on Marvin Lewis though.

Reply/Quote
For as much negativity as we dole out to Mike Brown, on these boards, he really seems like a great guy.  He should offer more interviews, as hearing his perspective makes it easier to understand some of the moves that the team makes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 06:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: AJ Green for next 20 first round picks of Cleveland Browns

It would take a real special kind of stupid not to jump on that offer. Thats a top 5 pick for the next 20 years  ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Holy Poop!!

"I am basically conservative. I don’t look for perfection in life. I don’t look for perfection in officiating. They make judgments. And sometimes they even don’t clean it up upon further review. I don’t like it. Sometimes it impacts me to the point where my emotions are aroused."

Mike Brown has emotions!!!! That should have been your headline, Jim. Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear he didn't say something like "Marvin is here as long as he wants to be."

He's got this year imo. And I'm not talking about 1 playoff win. This group should be loaded for bear and there is no reason whatsoever we can't make a deep playoff run. If we miss the playoffs or lose in the 1st round again & Marv isn't relieved, I may have to relieve myself of the Bengals once and for all.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 11:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Holy Poop!!  

"I am basically conservative. I don’t look for perfection in life. I don’t look for perfection in officiating. They make judgments. And sometimes they even don’t clean it up upon further review. I don’t like it. Sometimes it impacts me to the point where my emotions are aroused."

Mike Brown has emotions!!!!  That should have been your headline, Jim.  Hilarious

better yet "Mike Brown Opens The Kimono; Tells What Gets Him Aroused"
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 11:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Holy Poop!!  

Mike Brown has emotions!!!!  That should have been your headline, Jim.  Hilarious

lol!  Wow!  So basically his emotions are flatlined except for a few rare occasions throughout the year.  Interesting.  Must be quite the exciting time watching the NFL with ole' MB.
Hey MB, what's that in your pants?  Aw dang, those officials just aroused my emotions.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: better yet "Mike Brown Opens The Kimono; Tells What Gets Him Aroused"

He likes happy endings.....
Reply/Quote
Ha!
Mike only speaks like this two times a year really, as he decided Marvin should be the face of the franchise publicly.

Yes, this team is not interested in moving AJ McCarron. But should the Browns come to them and say we'll give you the No. 2 pick, they're interested. We have to word things the right way when we write things, and it's not our job in certain stories to "analyze." So when I wrote the story on Monday night that the Bengals weren't interested in McCarron - this is what they meant.

But you better believe it - if some GM wants to offer the Bengals the Herschel Walker deal for A.J. Green, they'd be dumb to not be interested. It's just that such things occur ....01% of the time.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote